Stripped screw head on OG Marker Duke

I have a pair of black Marker Dukes on my everyday ski. I use them for both lift served and short tours and they've served me well and seem to have few more years left in them. The screw head to adjust the AFD is beginning to strip, though. I'm worried that I soon won't be able to adjust for my touring vs. alpine boots.

So does anyone know if it's possible to remove this screw without damaging the binding? Given how hard AFDs were to find, I can't imagine finding a replacement screw, but if it comes out, I could at least cut a slot in it which would let me use a flat head screwdriver for the adjustments.

pics? I dont know at bindings at all but a dremel with the right tip could prove useful without actually removing it and as you pointed out potentially damaging the threads if the end was knurled over.

If it is beginning to strip, I wonder if you are using a screwdriver with the best fit right now.

For example, this screw would turn with a #2 bit, but that would eventually cause slop.
    Try #3 Posi, and see if that engages well. Use some forward force to keep it engaged.

OTOH- somebody here has probably replaced one of these, and somebody else probably has a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by hhtele View Post
    If it is beginning to strip, I wonder if you are using a screwdriver with the best fit right now.

For example, this screw would turn with a #2 bit, but that would eventually cause slop.
    Try #3 Posi, and see if that engages well. Use some forward force to keep it engaged.

OTOH- somebody here has probably replaced one of these, and somebody else probably has a spare.
    I think a suboptimal driver fit was what started it. I had a slightly too small stubby driver in my ski bag. If the screw comes out though I can just replace it with one from my wife's barons. The screw isn't fully stripped yet and she never needs to change the toe height as she only has one pair of boots.