Feeler/price check: 26" Trance, size small

The Mrs. is jonesing for a new trail bike this summer, and I'm trying to figure out the market for her old bike.

Trance aluminum frame. Small. Unsure of model year, but it's no younger than a 2012. QR rear dropout. Press fit BB.

RS Revelation fork. Solo air. Travel is set to 140mm? 15mm thru.

Full X9 2x10 drive train. Needs new rings and chain.

XT brakes.

Carbon Easton Haven wheel set.

Giant Contact dropper post. Works fine.

I want to think that I can get a couple grand out of it. It's a nice build and a fun bike. But is there enough of a market for 26" rides these days? Thoughts?

A friend sold a 2010 or 2011 Trance last fall for $800 IIRC. Don't recall the exact parts build, but not as nice as yours I think.

I bought a 2013 Reign with a comparable build minus the carbon wheels for $1700 last year as well.

FWIW

I'd guess around $1100-1200 if u wait it out

Size small? It's gonna be a long wait. Best bet is to find a local chick or kid who trusts you more than the internet.
    Price wize; these days you can usually look for comps on Pinkbike to get a good ballpark. It's a sellers market right now though.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Size small? It's gonna be a long wait. Best bet is to find a local chick or kid who trusts you more than the internet.
    Price wize; these days you can usually look for comps on Pinkbike to get a good ballpark. It's a sellers market right now though.
    That's a good point. There might be a local high school or middle school kid looking for a trail bike.

I sold my wife's small 2009 Trance a couple months back for $950. It was a frankenbuild but highlights were a RS revelation, KS dropper, OG stan's flows. A dad bought it for his son to grow into. Your build sounds nicer, so if you're patient and get the word out in the right places, I'd think you could get decent money for it, maybe $1200?