Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    So what is causing this and what will you guys at Moment do for these customers?

Three examples on this thread alone of the exact same problem. This is not some weird isolated issue as you claim. Responding is one thing, fixing the problem is another. Send him a replacement pair of carsons for his kid, so she can get back to ripping while you guys figure out what happened.

My Bibbys literally felt like they had brakes on them after every tuning remedy was tried. Other Moments I've owned have been awesome fast skis.

Send your skis back for a tune. I will ski them and see if there is really an issue. As you can see from this thread alone the original poster was talking about the skis having a great tune on them and now he states there is no structure at all. I had a TGR guy complain the other day saying "I dont think I will get more than 50 days out of my skis, they are so bad" Told him to send in photos and there was a little bit of wear at the tips, normal wear and tear. You cant take what everyone says at face value because most people just want new free skis or someone to complain to. The problem with internet forums and social media is everything now thinks they can make a scene to get whatever they want from a company by scaring them with bad publicity. What will we do? Well, send your skis in, shoot me an email direct luke@momentskis.com or call the factory 775-527-1595 but we need to have the skis sent back to us for inspection and we will take care of you.
    Last edited by Melee; 02-06-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Send your skis back for a tune. I will ski them and see if there is really an issue. As you can see from this thread alone the original poster was talking about the skis having a great tune on them and now he states there is no structure at all. I had a TGR guy bitch the other day saying "I dont think I will get more than 50 days out of my skis, they are so bad" Told him to send in photos and there was a little bit of wear at the tips, normal wear and tear. You cant take what everyone says at face value because most people just want new free shit or someone to complain to. The problem with internet forums and social media is everything now thinks they can make a scene to get whatever they want from a company by scaring them with bad publicity. What will we do? Well, send your skis in, shoot me an email direct luke@momentskis.com or call the factory 775-527-1595 but we need to have the skis sent back to us for inspection and we will take care of you.
    Melee, I think people in general appreciate your presence on the forum. I wish we had representives from more brands who still followed Tech Talk.

As far the OP and his comments: I know him and he is not just looking for free shit. He just wants his daughter's Moments to perform as well as the other kid skis in the quiver.

Ok. Again, I don't want anything free. I thought there was sufficient structure, race tube guy says no. Big deal. Skis get tuned all the time.

If I could go back I wouldn't state the ski my 6 year old is on. I only did so people would know it was a quality base material not a $70 extruded foam ski.

She loves them. They have elevated her off piste skiing. She's just pissed her 7 year old sister drops her on the way back to the lift.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Haven't been high since (or drunk) since august 30 1995. For the record.
    This is your problem. Your beer/weed/tuning matrix is all out of whack.

Send your skis back for a tune. I will ski them and see if there is really an issue. As you can see from this thread alone the original poster was talking about the skis having a great tune on them and now he states there is no structure at all. I had a TGR guy bitch the other day saying "I dont think I will get more than 50 days out of my skis, they are so bad" Told him to send in photos and there was a little bit of wear at the tips, normal wear and tear. You cant take what everyone says at face value because most people just want new free shit or someone to complain to. The problem with internet forums and social media is everything now thinks they can make a scene to get whatever they want from a company by scaring them with bad publicity. What will we do? Well, send your skis in, shoot me an email direct luke@momentskis.com or call the factory 775-527-1595 but we need to have the skis sent back to us for inspection and we will take care of you.
    Wish you had made that same offer when I sent you two emails about the Bibbys. You personally responded to the first one to get a base grind and to heat the skis up when waxing. Did that and hotboxed them and wax was still not holding on the skis. You failed to respond to the second email I sent, and two additional phone calls, and I gave up on them. They were used less than five days, and I never tried to get free shit from you. Let me repeat, after every tuning remedy known to man, the skis had fucking brakes on them.

Honestly, your above response is a clear indication that you need to get the hell out of customer service. If you had responded, or offered for me to send them back to be inspected, I'd be here talking about how great Moment's customer service is.

I'm sympathizing with the OP here because obviously something is wrong with his kid's skis, and this isn't an isolated weird problem as you suggested.

Sounds like every pair of skis I had from Surface. Slow as hell - like dragging a parachute. Extruded bases though - and cheap. Interested think I know why.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Sounds like every pair of skis I had from Surface. Slow as hell - like dragging a parachute. Extruded bases though - and cheap. Interested think I know why.
    Its the highest end Crown Durasurf 4001 Sintered base. The same material that almost every single USA mfg uses. Most of this comes down to how customers take care of their skis.

We deal with a lot of people that know what they are talking about and a ton that have no idea what they are talking about but think they do. To properly address the situation we need to see the skis in person. I have never had a personal pair or demo pair of our skis with such an issue nor have I had a ski in person come back to me with this issue at our factory.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Wish you had made that same offer when I sent you two emails about the Bibbys. You personally responded to the first one to get a base grind and to heat the skis up when waxing. Did that and hotboxed them and wax was still not holding on the skis. You failed to respond to the second email I sent, and two additional phone calls, and I gave up on them. They were used less than five days, and I never tried to get free shit from you. Let me repeat, after every tuning remedy known to man, the skis had fucking brakes on them.

Honestly, your above response is a clear indication that you need to get the hell out of customer service. If you had responded, or offered for me to send them back to be inspected, I'd be here talking about how great Moment's customer service is.

I'm sympathizing with the OP here because obviously something is wrong with his kid's skis, and this isn't an isolated weird problem as you suggested.
    Do you still have them? Send me the email thread directly luke@momentskis.com

I would love to see these skis in person.

Melee still won't acknowledge I or my posts exist. Never insulted, never asked for anything but advice.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I have Moments with the same fucking problem.
    A stone grind and some graphite helped a little, not a lot.
    Glad I finally got the Q Labs. Holy fuck, can those bases glide sometimes.
    The guys from Moment who used to post here never answered my questions about wtf was wrong with them. It may have been right around when they mostly stopped posting. Paging Melee...nothing.
    Not thrilled with them or most of their newest designs.
    Emails are the best way to communicate with us or any brand. Again, my direct email luke@momentskis.com

Shoot me an email with some more info on the skis, base photos, or just send them back to us. I would love to see a pair in person.

Wife picked them up today, test run will be in the alps. Get back to y'all in a couple weeks.

Emails are the best way to communicate with us or any brand. Again, my direct email luke@momentskis.com

Shoot me an email with some more info on the skis, base photos, or just send them back to us. I would love to see a pair in person.
    Thanks for the response. I probably won't be wanting to deal with the hassle and cost of mailing them, but I'll email you when I have time. They're not my daily drivers anymore, so it's not urgent. I'll be sure to include the serial number in the email, and if you're ever in Missoula, I'll show them to you.
    No longer stuck.

Thanks for the response. I probably won't be wanting to deal with the hassle and cost of mailing them, but I'll email you when I have time. They're not my daily drivers anymore, so it's not urgent. I'll be sure to include the serial number in the email, and if you're ever in Missoula, I'll show them to you.
    Shoot me an email and I will send you a prepaid Fedex label.

Wow, ok.
    No longer stuck.

Shoot me an email and I will send you a prepaid Fedex label.
    Holy overthetopcustomerservice Batman!

Those of you slamming this guy's customer service need to check yourselves in a hurry. I was already impressed as hell but this takes the cake.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to give a brand my money. Keep that shit up, and hopefully you stick around this place.

For sure
    No longer stuck.

Moment / Melee been around here a long time and from my experience they always step up. I have had some questions and an email gets an answer so fast makes me wonder if they ever sleep.

New structure and tune really quickened them up.

No sense posting her rolling down the groomed in the alps!

The fine structure from the factory really did look fine to me.....

Dunno anything about slow skis but I do know that photo is fucking rad!

Yuh! Getting the kids after it bladder boy!
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

wtf awesome pic

If my billygoats ever die moment is on the short list. Way to stand up for your product melee!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Send your skis back for a tune. I will ski them and see if there is really an issue. As you can see from this thread alone the original poster was talking about the skis having a great tune on them and now he states there is no structure at all. I had a TGR guy complain the other day saying "I dont think I will get more than 50 days out of my skis, they are so bad" Told him to send in photos and there was a little bit of wear at the tips, normal wear and tear. You cant take what everyone says at face value because most people just want new free skis or someone to complain to. The problem with internet forums and social media is everything now thinks they can make a scene to get whatever they want from a company by scaring them with bad publicity.
    This is all true. Another true thing is that companies will have bad runs of a good product or engineering problems of a product line and decide, strategically, not to openly discuss it with the public hoping to limit their losses. There are also product manufacturers who are a little eccentric, or aloof, and absolutely convinced their shit smells like roses. So you have disingenuous actors on both sides making it difficult for reasonable people to do and say reasonable things.
    The only solution is to establish as many personal relationships as we can...reps, shops, on the forums, wherever....to try and cut through all of it.
    Getting that done here. It's good.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

New structure and tune really quickened them up.

No sense posting her rolling down the groomed in the alps!

The fine structure from the factory really did look fine to me.....
    That photo is as cool as Winston Wolf.
    How old is your daughter?
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Just turned 6, lives to ski her Carson jr's in the pow and crud!