Bralorne/Gold Bridge/Gunn Lake/Tyaughton Lake

Hi,

Thinking of visiting Bralorne for a bit of touring and to get some hours on a sled. On a map Bralorne, Gold Bridge, Gunn Lake and Tyaughton Lake all look like they are similar to get to and like they have similar access to the goods. BUT, it's BC and short distances on a map can mean big differences in practise - anyone with any experience there able to shed some light? Obviously, services will be different at the three, but in terms of having access to good skiing/sledding and access to other areas for the same, any tips? Everyone talks about Bralorne, is it the better choice? Can you access it easily from the other spots?... You get the idea.

Cheers

Having never been there in the winter im just basing this off of summer memories, but I'm pretty sure they only place you'll find gas out there is bralorne, and the only pump they have is a premium pump. Lots of people just sled in via the hurley pass to that region, but can drive thru lillooet. I know Tyaughton lake and surrounding areas is all heli ski for TLH, and quite a chunk is non-motorized access only. I don't think the hotel is still open in Gold Bridge, so i think the only place you could stay really is Bralorne and the only bar in town is in Bralorne.

Sounds like Bralorne it is then - particularly if the others have more limited access... Is it safe to assume that the others are to far to stay in and use (conveniently) Bralorne for your local gas pump and bar?

From tyaughton (TLH lodge) to bralorne is a solid drive in the summer possibly 45 minutes. In winter you would need to drive to gold bridge and then switch to sled (I think) to make it bralorne via the hurley, though i have never done this. It does look like a road runs the whole way there, but i've never driven it, so cant comment on its winter state. Hopefully someone like @Powder11 can chime in and help out.