Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Odds of going another five pages raking this guy over the coals?
    Is this a challenge?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    I am not liking the cut of your jib.
    Hey, I can't watch em at all times. Who knows what they grab from the cooler down below.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Is this a challenge?
    Seems that way.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    "....damn morales...." The guy was Mexican?
    I was wondering who Morales was also. I used to know a Morales.... Juan Morales...nice guy.

Late to the conversation but his behaviors indicated an extreme disregard for anything and everything. A good indication that violent responses were possible and probable and who knows probably carrying weapons. A better solution would have been to withdraw to a safe discrete distance and phone it in to the mounties. Leave it to the professionals. After he killed the mounty and was apprehended after high speed chase the infants life may have been forever changed for the better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0id9fUYb95A

car chase^^ in Canada eh

there are not a lot of guns up here
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I liked it better when I could imagine him as a well educated, light black man.
    instead of a geriatric, demented queen?

I was going to tell the beginner I saw today with the cuffs of his adequately wide, genuine ski pants well above the tops of his boots that if he wanted to look less like a gaper he needed to pull the cuffs down over his boots. Than I thought about this thread and decided not to risk it.

DD is in tahoe now?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You handled it fine. Cops don't want to be bothered by someone who complains about being ranted at and gently shoved.

friend of mine's son was on the national championship Cal rugby team. Walking down the street minding his own business one night when he is accosted by a raving, chemically altered coop student who starts screaming at him about something he did to a girl at a party that my friend's son wasn't at. The coop guy starts whaling on him, not causing any damage, until finally he gets fed up, hits the guy once, knocks him out, some kind of TBI. My friend's son, and only he, is arrested, charged, has to hire lawyer, is banned from graduation, diploma delayed, can't get a job, until eventually charges are dropped, basically due to the complete unreliability of the "victim's" testimony. The moral of this story is that no matter how justified you are and how satisfying it might be, getting into a fight is worth it only if you have nothing to lose. Also, you might lose the fight, badly (I certainly would).
    So this kid was getting beat on, solved the problem and then got arrested for defending himself and his world got ruined because of it? So what was the right thing to do, keep getting beat on until someone showed up to intervene or the other guy got tired of it and stopped? Bullshit. Poor kid did the right thing and got fukd. The world sux.

I'll just comment on the same mentality others have mentioned and share a tidbit. TN recently made an unofficial college state park into a state park -Cummins Falls if you're interested. 45 minute hike to the falls and on the way I see what appears to be a trailer park family, grossly obese mom shuttling around 7 ratty kids. Little one in the back is straggling, about 5-7 years old, and she's just tossing shit in the river including trash, her socks and shoes. I go into the river, pick them up, take them to the child and explain that's it's important to keep our parks clean and these things harm the parks, very, very nicely. During the ordeal the mom noticed and as much as she can rushes over to yell at me even though she doesn't know why. I calmly said, "your child was throwing things in the river, so I'm just telling her it's important not to."
    "No she didn't! Why don't you mind your own fucking business?!"
    You could tell the little girl heard 100% more of what I was saying than this degenerate. I hope that kid remembers that conversation for all our sakes.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

So some smarter better than me guy walked up to me about a year ago to confront me and point out that I'm an idiot. I let the guy do his thing act tough and smart. I knew there was security cameras on us. we'll I went all bat shit crazy on him. Guy walked off knowing he wasn't gonna get anywhere. The moral of the story. Mind your own fucking business

I was going to reply earlier, but then saw where this thread was headed and thought better. But, what the heck...

To the OP: kudos for trying, even though it was in vain.

A long time ago, I was at a family reunion, and one of my cousins was smoking despite being pregnant (and unmarried in her early 20's, etc). I didn't say anything to her about it. I kicked myself over that for a long time, even though I figured it probably wouldn't have changed anything if I had said something. I would have felt better if I at least tried.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I was going to reply earlier, but then saw where this thread was headed and thought better. But, what the heck...

To the OP: kudos for trying, even though it was in vain.

A long time ago, I was at a family reunion, and one of my cousins was smoking despite being pregnant (and unmarried in her early 20's, etc). I didn't say anything to her about it. I kicked myself over that for a long time, even though I figured it probably wouldn't have changed anything if I had said something. I would have felt better if I at least tried.
    so how'd the kid turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I'll just comment on the same mentality others have mentioned and share a tidbit. TN recently made an unofficial college state park into a state park -Cummins Falls if you're interested. 45 minute hike to the falls and on the way I see what appears to be a trailer park family, grossly obese mom shuttling around 7 ratty kids. Little one in the back is straggling, about 5-7 years old, and she's just tossing shit in the river including trash, her socks and shoes. I go into the river, pick them up, take them to the child and explain that's it's important to keep our parks clean and these things harm the parks, very, very nicely. During the ordeal the mom noticed and as much as she can rushes over to yell at me even though she doesn't know why. I calmly said, "your child was throwing things in the river, so I'm just telling her it's important not to."
    You could tell the little girl heard 100% more of what I was saying than this degenerate. I hope that kid remembers that conversation for all our sakes.
    Does TN mean Tennessee? Good luck on changing attitudes there. This used to be a ski forum, but apparently now it's a safe place for whiny self righteous know it alls who've never been punched square in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Does TN mean Tennessee? Good luck on changing attitudes there. This used to be a ski forum, but apparently now it's a safe place for whiny self righteous know it alls who've never been punched square in the face.
    And apparently e-badasses now.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Haha. I made a similar mistake years ago right out of college.

I was crossing the street downtown with a large group of people and there's a single mom with easy 5 kids in front of me. One of the daughters is eating a bag of chips and a can of pop. She finishes both mid-crosswalk and throws them both in the street. This pissed me off and I say out loud to her, "what is wrong with you that you're so lazy you couldn't bear to make it all the way to that trash can right there, at the end of the crosswalk that you're walking towards already, to throw your shit away?"

Wrong move.

Her mom or big sister or whoever she was turns around and gives me a first rate ghetto dressing down that I need to mind my own business and it's her city and if her daughter/sister wants to litter she damn well can. I foolishly pointed out she's making "her city" a shithole by littering. This line of reasoning did not resonate with her. I cut bait and walked away as quick as I could

From that day on I understood that there are many people out there that will cut you for just looking at them. It's like a retarded pit bull reflex. Best just to let em be.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    so how'd the kid turn out?
    He didn't strike me as particularly healthy or bright, but to be honest, there could be other reasons for that. He wasnt retarded or anything.

^^ Probably not the PC way to put it, but no offense intended.

There are some really good people in golden, but I call it one big trailer park. There are 3 roads into golden and you drive past at least 1 before you've left the highway. Toothless inbreds abound. Pretty farkn lawless too ...

Sweet mtns thou ...

Remember what I said about some people willing to stab you if you simply look at them? Yeah, they're everywhere.

police standoff in NH after man calls girlfriends spaghetti dinner just OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Remember what I said about some people willing to stab you if you simply look at them? Yeah, they're everywhere.

police standoff in NH after man calls girlfriends spaghetti dinner just OK.
    Yet another good reason to decriminalize domestic violence.

http://www.dw.com/en/decriminalizing...sia/a-37310513
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Yet another good reason to decriminalize domestic violence.

http://www.dw.com/en/decriminalizing...sia/a-37310513
    WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    WTF
    If I can freely smoke in my car with my infant.... I don't see why I shouldn't be able to smack my bitch up.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i was gonna comment on the fat caknucle head fams feedin their already unhealthfully chubbies crotchfruit french fries coated with gravies n cheese curds in the cafetria
    but kickin horse was such a cool mountain we just hiked terminators all day
    but burning the world down one spliff at a time is high on my list
    and stickin my nose in others bidness aint
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno