Best roadmaps for Baja

Making a trip down to the Seven Sisters, possibly further south, in the middle of March. What are the go to ways of navigating down there?

Any other info also appreciated

Cheers,
    Pudge

Watch out - you may find poorly marked potholes that will swallow an entire car. see attached pic from my trip in Spring 2016.

This was just after a rise in the road and was due to a wash out ( rain deluge from a recent hurricane ) Between San Antonio and La Ventana Baja California Sur.

If you hit it with speed - say 60 or 80 kilometers / hour it would be unsurvivable.

I used a Tom Tom with Mexico maps. Garmin makes one to. Great investment. cuz your cell phone won't work down there in the remote areas - which is where you will be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160328_182054763.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	198801

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160328_182038166_HDR.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	198803

Cheers
    CAT

WOW!! That's pretty sketchy.

I've never driven south of Ensenada, just flown down to Cabo, so I can't be of much help. I've had buddies who went down to Abrejojos (spelling?) and they had a blast.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Triple A has great paper maps of Baja.

You can download navmii maps for offline. Has helped me a bunch in really rural Mexico.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You can download navmii maps for offline. Has helped me a bunch in really rural Mexico.
    Google offline maps has also come a long way. You should be able to download the whole region. Only issue I've had is that it does not know any addresses so you may want to pin any destinations prior to your departure. Good luck!

I've used the Nat Geo maps and the Baja atlas, between those and google maps with the blue-dot-of-hope I felt pretty un-lost all over baja.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    Triple A has great paper maps of Baja.
    Had. They don't make them anymore. You can find them on ebay, the more recent the better. I spent a couple weeks driving around down there last fall and bought a couple paper maps but never even needed them. Before heading down I used google maps to store offline areas for everywhere down there that I knew or thought we'd be. Worked awesome even though I had no service on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by samthompson001 View Post
    Only issue I've had is that it does not know any addresses so you may want to pin any destinations prior to your departure. Good luck!
    This is basically what I did except I got GPS coordinates ahead of time for destinations I knew of or was planning on and saved those in notes on my phone. You can't lookup addresses offline but you can stick GPS coords into the app and it will find them and come up with routes for you.

I thought the only way to navigate Baja was Hunter S. Thompson style....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.