Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have been a Pattygucci fan boy for a long long time... Their warranty to me along with customer service is second to none and I do believe they are def a bit to generous with their warranty... However, their business model is working... 5 to 10 years ago whether at a sports event or Starbucks every soccer Mom/MILF was rocking NorthFace... Fast forward to now and that same soccer Mom/MILF is sporting nothing but Pattagucci... Hell our kids are in Highschool and the majority of their friends are all wearing Patty along with our kids...

I will remain and forever be a Gucci fan, but the popularity of the everyday Ken and Barbie wearing it def is somewhat of a bummer... No matter from a customer service standpoint to marketing Patty is fucking printing money...

Expecting a free repair or replacement for a seven year old jacket is unreasonable, but HH's warranty says "lifetime", not expected life of the product, so they should be held to it. Companies shouldn't be able to advertise lifetime warranties to compete with other companies that do and then not honor the warranty. A "life of the product" warranty is BS anyway. Who knows what that means. Either offer a true lifetime warranty (and charge accordingly) or tell people how long the warranty is good for. Worth referring the matter to your state's consumer affairs dept for failing to honor the lifetime warranty.

Buy Arcteryx

Oh, wait.

So you bought and year old jacket 7 years ago, so you probably bought it at a discount (or you paid too much), and you are complaining? Get fixed on your own dime and STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Expecting a free repair or replacement for a seven year old jacket is unreasonable, but HH's warranty says "lifetime", not expected life of the product, so they should be held to it. Companies shouldn't be able to advertise lifetime warranties to compete with other companies that do and then not honor the warranty. A "life of the product" warranty is BS anyway. Who knows what that means. Either offer a true lifetime warranty (and charge accordingly) or tell people how long the warranty is good for. Worth referring the matter to your state's consumer affairs dept for failing to honor the lifetime warranty.
    Helly Hansen apparel is covered by a limited lifetime warranty in North America and a two (2) year from purchase date warranty in the rest of the world
    It is not a life time warranty, it is a limited life time warranty. Words matter. True they don't define "limited", but my guess is it limits their warranty. Pretty standard to mean lifetime of the garment.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

AMen. You articulate what I am trying to say better than I can. Agree, that HH should change their warranty.

And with the patagonia comparison, ya'll have said it better than I can. Regardless of what they mean by "limited warranty" of whatever other interpretation we may make HHs intentionally vauge warranty there is no doubt that patagonia (and a dozen other brands) offer superior products at a superior value compared to HH. After reading this thread only a fool would buy a HH product. Hope this thread saves someone from wasting cash and frustrations on a future gear purchase.
    Last edited by afox; 01-24-2017 at 11:46 PM.

If you are bitching about a shell right now, you are doing life wrong.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by afox View Post
    AMen. You articulate what I am trying to say better than I can. Agree, that HH should change their warranty.

And with the patagonia comparison, ya'll have said it better than I can. Regardless of what they mean by "limited warranty" of whatever other interpretation we may make HHs intentionally vauge warranty there is no doubt that patagonia (and a dozen other brands) offer superior products at a superior value compared to HH. After reading this thread only a fool would buy a HH product. Hope this thread saves someone from wasting cash and frustrations on a future gear purchase.
    Sorry, but even Patti limits their warranty to the lifetime of the garment. They are just more generous with their warranty. Nowhere does it say your lifetime. If you bought the jacket at 18, do you really expect them to warranty it when you are 98?

Give it up, you don't deserve to have a new jacket, even if Patagonia might have given you one. You didn't buy a patigucci shell.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

It's not a lifetime warranty, it is a "limited lifetime warranty". They are warranting that the lifetime will be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    Haha. This is some real ski bum shit here. Just go get the zipper fixed/replaced at a local sew shop for like $10 bro.
    ^^^ This. Getting it shipped will probably be more expensive than getting a new zipper at the sew shop.

You may even meet a cute girl there who will have pity on your dilemma. That's unlikely as most sew shop gals are pudgy 50 y/o women- but you can always hope.

I side with HH
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Limited is general taken to mean limited to manufacturing defects (like a glued seam coming apart) rather than wear and tear and abuse, and there are plenty of companies that interpret it that way. And the limitations should be spelled out, which they are not in the only HH warranty I could find. What is unfair is not that HH won't replace or repair the jacket for free but that their warranty language seems to imply that they will. False advertising IMO and they should pay the price and change their language.

BTW the tech repair place in Truckee is staffed by guys, last time I was in there.

Still trying to get over the fact that someone bought a Helly Hansen jacket for skiing.

Isn't H/H for Europeans with sailboats?

I bought a camel back bladder at REI. It sprung a pin hole leak at a plastic weld after about a year. Camel back has a lifetime warranty and their website says to take it to the store you purchased it in. I took it into return and the Girl at the Salt Lake REI counter used the " It's for the product life, not your life"line on me. I spend a significant amount of our money on equipment for my family and myself. I have not spent a penny at REI since that day. She warrantied the bladder, but that was such a chicken shit thing to say to a customer, and their are too many good alternatives.

The fact that Helly Hansens customer service team said that to you says all you need to know about them. Stay away. Lesson learned
    Last edited by Canada1; 01-25-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Limited is general taken to mean limited to manufacturing defects (like a glued seam coming apart) rather than wear and tear and abuse, and there are plenty of companies that interpret it that way. And the limitations should be spelled out, which they are not in the only HH warranty I could find. What is unfair is not that HH won't replace or repair the jacket for free but that their warranty language seems to imply that they will. False advertising IMO and they should pay the price and change their language.

BTW the tech repair place in Truckee is staffed by guys, last time I was in there.
    Exclusion of wear, tear, abuse is clearly spelled out in the warranty link provided by OP

couple things here.. I believe HH's repair place is located at a small mom and pop shop in Crested Butte. I can track down the contact if needed however you may or may not need an RA #

Can you post photos of said zippers? I would guess HH would ask for the same before going down this worm hole.

secondly if I got this email "To reiterate what I wrote you last week I am hereby requesting that HH uphold the stated warranty claim as it pertains to the failed zippers on my HH shell: " it would not fly very well. You catch more flys with honey and customer service people deal with a bunch of BS daily. Be nice, be kind.

one would guess that if the powers to be at HH saw this thread maybe things would change

Interesting info, thanks!

HH never asked for any pics of my jacket or anything. Ill post some pics here, the jacket is'nt nearby at the moment. Ill make sure HH sees this thread. I could not find the repair shop in CB via google maps, the zippers on my jacket are not typical. Its a very small waterproof zipper. If that shop has materials and expertise repairing them I would definitely send them the jacket and happily pay a reasonable amount for the repair. Would love to get the name of that shop if its not too much trouble for you...

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If you are bitching about a shell right now, you are doing life wrong.
    this

I can't believe any maggots even think a lifetime warranty is anything but marketing, saw that on a ford passenger van passing the lot today made me lol
    embrace the gape
    and believe