Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shit, now I won't be able to sleep at nights. Anybody know the torque value for Santa Cruz carbon bars? Don't see one on the bar or their website. Are they reinforced at the clamp area?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Shit, now I won't be able to sleep at nights. Anybody know the torque value for Santa Cruz carbon bars? Don't see one on the bar or their website. Are they reinforced at the clamp area?
    Maybe
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

All carbon bars are 5Nm right? That's why Ritchey makes the little 5Nm quick torque thing?https://www.amazon.com/Ritchey-TorqK.../dp/B009F93S9C
    However many are in a shit ton.

Frequently that torque value has as much to do with the stem as the bar. I've seen stems with 4.5nm values printed on them and I would think that supercedes the numbers for the bar. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't surprise me if I am.

Which brings up the question of whether fractions of Nm values makes any sense at all. This isn't unique to carbon, but it's the most concerning with carbon. I've never seen an adjustable torque wrench that measured anything that specifically. Is the difference between 4.5 and 5Nm really going to cause trouble? If so, that's reason enough to worry.
    However many are in a shit ton.