Kastle BMX 105 and 105 HP

Anyone have some time on these skis? Can anyone comment on the snow performance difference between the HP and regular?

Thanks

I find the differences subtle on the grand scheme of all skis out there, but noticeable when you ski both in succession and can feel them out.

The same sort of metal/no metal differences you'd find in any skis. The regular 105 is a little lighter, quicker to maneuver, but will get much more easily bounced around in chopped up snow. The HP holds a much better edge on hard snow, and can plow a bit easier through chopped snow without much deflection. But it is heavier.

I prefer the HP. Skied about 10 runs on each and purchased the HP for an inbounds "pow" ski in Stowe- where any lift accessed pow is mostly for a couple hours and then you skiing chopped snow.

The oldest shop rat in Aspen skis the HP everyday and he's skied them all.

Yea I think I am going to go the HP way. How's the pow performance? They have fairly big tips so I assume they hold their own. These would definitely become my everyday ski and would only bust out the protests for big days. I probably would also sell my wailer 112s.