Old carbon road fork - safe?

The fork on my road bike is a circa 2002 Reynolds Ouzo Pro, which has a carbon steerer and legs, and aluminum dropouts. No crashes.

Is this fork still OK to use? Doesn't creak, no visible cracks or chips.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

odds are yes. but you have NO WAY TO TELL.

roll the dice, take a chance.

I would do it, but YMMV

Did you inspect the steerer? Ouzo Pro has some history of cracking at the glued nut interface or stem interface. Other than that Ouzo Pro is a tough fork but as mntlion says there's some level of risk. If you feel good about your inspection I'd ride it and keep my eye (and ear) on it.

I found some mention of a recall on some later years' versions of this fork, but nothing from this era. I had the fork out of the bike a year or two ago in order to replace the headset -- didn't see anything on the steerer at that time. Probably not a bad idea to pull it apart this spring and look again.

Steve - not sure what you're referring to re: "glued nut interface." It came with an expanding-plug type insert, instead of a star-fangled nut, for adjusting the headset preload.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Name:  66228079.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  100.5 KB
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp