Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Sharing passes

Isnt the real question whether you should offer to bus somebody's finished meal of half eaten cheese fries out of kindness but actually finish them yourself, negating the need to purchase your own?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I guess the real question is, should you share your cheese fries? The ski area isn't making as much as they could if you do. Everybody needs to buy their own cheese fries, sharing is unethical.
    Sharing =/= Caring.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Isnt the real question whether you should offer to bus somebody's finished meal of half eaten cheese fries out of kindness but actually finish them yourself, negating the need to purchase your own?
    That's the exact same as clipping a pass.

Except its reducing waste
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 01-21-2017 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Damn autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Except its reducing waste
    But it's someone who would otherwise spend money on cheese fries. The resort is loosing out on revenue. Is that not stealing?
    When I clip a pass am I not reducing waste? It's one less ticket and wicket going into the landfill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    But it's someone who would otherwise spend money on cheese fries. The resort is loosing out on revenue. Is that not stealing?
    When I clip a pass am I not reducing waste? It's one less ticket and wicket going into the landfill.
    Lol

No, it's kinda gross and pretty unhygienic. If the dirtbag is not finishing another customer's plate of half-eaten food, they are likely pounding the free condiments just enough to not bonk before they get home.....

Free condiments? You mean spicy tomato soup with crackers?

Free hot water, packets of ketchup, tobasco and crackers. Free lunch.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Sharing passes

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    You that guy with the massive
    day ticket collection on his zipper.
    On top of my main zipper, flapping in my face.
    I can't remember the last time I zipped a paper ticket (or an old school sticker and metal wicket) to my jacket.
    I thought every resort has gone to plastic credit card tickets or RFID tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Bored, so I did some math.

Assuming they're open 5 days a week for 6 months, that's 130 open days. 325,000 orders in 130 days is 2500 per day. That's 312 per hour, or 5 orders every minute. No way.
    Too bad, it was a good story. Now get your own damn cheese fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    On top of my main zipper, flapping in my face.
    I can't remember the last time I zipped a paper ticket (or an old school sticker and metal wicket) to my jacket.
    I thought every resort has gone to plastic credit card tickets or RFID tickets.
    Sugarbowl still uses tickets. And scans your ticket or pass every lap, as the the line piles up while the chairs go up empty.

Setting up a good ticket checking system while keeping the line moving is an art form that many places/people never master.

Vail police warn skiers and snowboarders about fraudulent lift ticket sales - The Denver Post
    https://apple.news/AYzUFvXkyTx2n6AZOX4u_Yg
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Well that was easy. Just ask them for a press pass and ski for free for 3 days. Thanks VR.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    If you're still in college they should be cheap. If you're not in college, you should be able to afford one.
    Eh this I struggle with. College passes make skiing affordable. It's the post-college market that ski resorts are missing out on.

Hence why I've barely skied in the past 4 years since graduating. How can I afford season passes anymore and/or $70-100+ day lift tickets when at many points I could barely cover rent? Not everyone gets a decent paying job out of college

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    Eh this I struggle with. College passes make skiing affordable. It's the post-college market that ski resorts are missing out on.

Hence why I've barely skied in the past 4 years since graduating. How can I afford season passes anymore and/or $70-100+ day lift tickets when at many points I could barely cover rent? Not everyone gets a decent paying job out of college
    Not everyone gets a decent paying job out of college but a lot of graduates earn one.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Well that was easy. Just ask them for a press pass and ski for free for 3 days. Thanks VR.
    Wait....wat?

You went to Vail (VR = Vail?) and requested a Press Pass?....and they gave you 3 free day? No questions asked or credentials checked?

Sharing passes

Well, I do qualify, but I will share with you that it was significantly easier than I thought. One email from my official email and I saved $480.

Sometimes if I contact departments of tourism I can get the whole shebang cart Blanche.

Do you need a freelance contributor?

Sharing passes

I'd hook anyone up that I could, if I could. They're pretty specific about "press guy/gal only". Only exception seems to be if they put you up in a hotel room.

Also, they made no requests for any sort of reciprocity in the whole deal - that surprised me. I wonder if it has anything to do with my prior 2 epic passes but it almost seems like they'd say, "So you've been here plenty and don't need to discover the area." Just goes to show that you can always ask!