Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    New Dynastar Cham lineup.
    That's all we get?!
    What have they tweaked this time?
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    That's all we get?!
    What have they tweaked this time?
    I dunno, the rep is being tight lipped, I will bug him again.

I don't know about 2018 but I just played with some 2019 touring boots. /claim

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Can I touch you?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Well can you give us plebs some info?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Well can you give us plebs some info?
    K2 is back in the boot game for real this time, planning on releasing a 2200g 4-buckle boot with a 140 race flex, integrated booster strap, and tech fittings. The most innovative bit is the ski/walk mode lever has been modified to have a "comfort mode", designed to let you keep your boots on the bar for apres and talk about how other touring gear isn't burly enough for you. There won't be a walk mode since you'll never actually go uphill in them anyway.

Gear rumors 17/18

The Scott boot is a cool idea. Typically 3 piece boots don't have great forward ROM or are too soft (hence the removeable tongue designs). Putting the walk mode on the tongue allows for great forward ROM along with a stiff flex. Interested in seeing how good the implementation is.

Certainly innovative, and anchoring the tongue with power rivets makes sense. Of course, the folks who need a toe punch might be out of luck, but that's how it goes.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Hmmm, interesting design. Wouldn't you pretty much be squashing the top of the boot when you flex forward though?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    K2 is back in the boot game for real this time, planning on releasing a 2200g 4-buckle boot with a 140 race flex, integrated booster strap, and tech fittings. The most innovative bit is the ski/walk mode lever has been modified to have a "comfort mode", designed to let you keep your boots on the bar for apres and talk about how other touring gear isn't burly enough for you. There won't be a walk mode since you'll never actually go uphill in them anyway.
    Sounds soft. Needs to be at least 150

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Atomic is supposed to be having a Hawx Ultra XTD130 coming. Bootfitter said it was basically a Hawx with walk mode and tech inserts, along with similar soles for alpine binders.

I guess my one question about the Scott, is, how does the rear part of the cuff lock down? Typically you want the rear cuff to be nearly immoveable in the rearward direction once locked. If the ROM lock is on the tongue, how does it lock the rear cuff? I've experienced boots that have some give to the rear of the boot. They end up skiing like shit and are super sketchy - especially in variable firm snow at speed. You have no platform to push off of to get out of the backseat and end up skiing pretty rear-balanced which sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I guess my one question about the Scott, is, how does the rear part of the cuff lock down? Typically you want the rear cuff to be nearly immoveable in the rearward direction once locked. If the ROM lock is on the tongue, how does it lock the rear cuff? I've experienced boots that have some give to the rear of the boot. They end up skiing like shit and are super sketchy - especially in variable firm snow at speed. You have no platform to push off of to get out of the backseat and end up skiing pretty rear-balanced which sucks ass.
    They just moved the lock from the back of the boot to the front. So when you flex forward your compressing the locking mechanism and pulling on it when you flex back. (or that's at least what I'm gathering here. )

Gear rumors 17/18

Right... but from the photos it looks like you're indirectly pulling on it when flexed back - by the rigidity of the buckle and powerstrap pulling on the tongue. Any play or flex in there will soften the rearward flex. This isn't a problem for a normal boot since its the forward flex that softens (which is ok for it to be not as rigid IMO). But for the rearward flex to soften...? Yikes. Scott probably has something else going on here to hopefully resolve this. I'm curious what they came up with and how it all comes together whem skiing the boot.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 01-13-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Oh yeah, see what you mean, maybe that's why they have the buckle + super power strap on the top half to keep it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Atomic is supposed to be having a Hawx Ultra XTD130 coming. Bootfitter said it was basically a Hawx with walk mode and tech inserts, along with similar soles for alpine binders.
    Now this sounds like something I'd be interested in.

Dalbello::

Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post
    Dalbello::

Hopefully they bring their prices down. Fair mark up from others

A-symmetrical Spurs for next year

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    A-symmetrical Spurs for next year
    Jeebus, this has been the stupidest idea for a decade and a half now.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Really?
    Fucking ladder straps and cables and all the various whatnots, including the shitty heel hold?
    No fucking way, that stuff is crap
    I tried this boot on yesterday and it has great heal hold and the fucking ladder straps and cables actually work pretty well. This is going to be a very very popular boot next season. Can't believe how stiff it is for how light it is (that's what she said).

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Jeebus, this has been the stupidest idea for a decade and a half now.
    While the engineer and skier in me says what you say, the designer in me says oooh, sexy.

Someone smarter than me has to explain wtf the point is.

simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........