Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MCskid View Post
    What's the deal with Roxa? Never heard of them before, checked out their web site. The Rx1 is the exact same boot as Movement's and Hagan's. Some of the Freeride boots look exactly like Dalbello's. As a cabrio guy love seeing another 3 piece company.
    Seem like a pretty solid development group... I think they are new to North America
    Glen Plake came to them because of their RX1 and the free hand in dev... and he made a kickin 130 boot.
    I appreciate the power/cuff single buckle and the instep buckle. To me, on a properly designed boot, these are the only things that matter. Forefoot buckles are a waste, much less two, and anymore cuff buckles are decoration once you crank down the power strap... and it leaves you 3 things to undo in order to have full touring movement. The Roxa design solves that problem and in my mind ensures the weight of buckles goes directly too performance.
    Last edited by Summit; 02-22-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    so whats this new salomon boot?
    Is that from Brody Leven? If it is, I think it's just the new ultra-light Salomon touring boot. Forget the name.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Is that from Brody Leven? If it is, I think it's just the new ultra-light Salomon touring boot. Forget the name.
    X-Lab. Different boot. The one in the image has yellow buckles and two on the foot instead of one. Looks to be a new beef touring boot considering the extra buckle over the MTN Lab?

Indeed, as Lindahl says its not the x-lab (procline) but something else... maybe just a new qst boot?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Seem like a pretty solid development group... I think they are new to North America
    Glen Plake came to them because of their RX1 and the free hand in dev... and he made a kickin 130 boot.
    I appreciate the power/cuff single buckle and the instep buckle. To me, on a properly designed boot, these are the only things that matter. Forefoot buckles are a waste, much less two, and anymore cuff buckles are decoration once you crank down the power strap... and it leaves you 3 things to undo in order to have full touring movement.
    What is the 130 boot he made? Not seeing 130's on the website, just 120's

Also if you have skied the RX1 could ya give us a detailed review? Was checking this boot out on the Movement website and it stated how it's got some different internal stuff that makes it not fold when skiing, unlike other boots of this type. Looks like a really cool boot.

What is the 130 boot he made? Not seeing 130's on the website, just 120's
    It is new showing it off at the show. They are just getting the production molds going beyond the proto. GP was rocking it at La Grave on steep lines
    I think I have a picture... let me look...
    That one was my biggest regret for not having time to ski on...

Also if you have skied the RX1 could ya give us a detailed review? Was checking this boot out on the Movement website and it stated how it's got some different internal stuff that makes it not fold when skiing, unlike other boots of this type. Looks like a really cool boot.
    I really wanted to... but I only had time to carpet test them... only so much time... second biggest regret for not snow trying bootwise

Thanks Summit, if you find the pic of GP's boot it would be great to see.

Thanks Summit, if you find the pic of GP's boot it would be great to see.
    New Roxa R3 Ultralight 130 .... da GP model
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7366b.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	347.5 KB 
ID:	200706

Freeride oriented but fo sho tours

Name:	IMG_7365b.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	852.4 KB 
ID:	200707

Also comes in a 110

Name:	IMG_7367b.JPG 
Views:	321 
Size:	377.6 KB 
ID:	200709

In La Grave

Name:	IMG_6660.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	200708

Name:	IMG_6716.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	985.3 KB 
ID:	200710

In La Grave

Name:	IMG_6716.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	985.3 KB 
ID:	200710
    That looks like WAY too much fun. Ahhh!
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Thanks Summit! looks cool, any idea on what it weighs?

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    That looks like WAY too much fun. Ahhh!
    It was an adrenaline blast. He's skiing above fully exposed cliffs/bergschrunds and the snow is was not as friendly as it looks...

Thanks Summit! looks cool, any idea on what it weighs?
    He told me but I totally don't remember the exact number. The weight was competitive for its class.
    Last edited by Summit; 02-22-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Name:	IMG_6660.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	200708
    Me wants a pair of them pants!

Still such a bad ass after all these years.
    Did Roxa steal him from Dalbello or is that boot made/distributed by them? I think I've seen the Roxa brand floating around on BC or Evo, but don't know anything about them.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Roxa hasn't made any real effort to get their boots in North America. 4FRNT was a distributor for a couple years, but is honestly having enough trouble distributing their skis at the moment. Not sure who, if anyone is distributing their boots now.

Roxa does produce boots for a number of other companies, including K2 and Full Tilt. I never really got the impression that boot development was a big focus of theirs but that may now be changing.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    ...4FRNT was a distributor for a couple years, but is honestly having enough trouble distributing their skis at the moment...
    I heard they're going direct only. is that so?

No clue, they didn't go to SIA though. Did they go to any other NA trade shows?

I tried on the Hagan version of the Roxa boot last year:
    http://skimo.co/hagan-core-boots
    Seemed competitive in the increasingly popular TLT6 etc. class of boots.
    I heard that Hagan played a major role in developing the boot, as opposed to just rebranding a Roxa model.
    (No idea how involved Movement was, other than coming up with its own color scheme.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

A local dealer up here had Roxa maybe 2 years ago but I didnt notice it around on the shelves this year
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Plake boot looks interesting, curious about the retail, their prices have always seemed super affordeable, especially considering most come with intuition liners already. That RX1 is 560$ at BC.com, seems like half the price of some of the competition?!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Indeed, as Lindahl says its not the x-lab (procline) but something else... maybe just a new qst boot?
    I've heard that a lot of salomon athletes are adding a third buckle, which is why my initial guess was just a modded boot. Could be one of the ones the athletes custom made earlier this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I've heard that a lot of salomon athletes are adding a third buckle, which is why my initial guess was just a modded boot. Could be one of the ones the athletes custom made earlier this winter.
    well if yer getting paid to wear something you gotta make it work eh?

I been in a hut with 5 salomon atheletes all in the exact same gear one guy had the instep buckle so I ask how is the stuff ....yeah great man !

call me a skeptic but 5 guys in a hut in the middle of nowhere ... all with the same feet?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well if yer getting paid to wear something you gotta make it work eh?

I been in a hut with 5 salomon atheletes all in the exact same gear one guy had the instep buckle so I ask how is the stuff ....yeah great man !

call me a skeptic but 5 guys in a hut in the middle of nowhere ... all with the same feet?
    I can't find the video but I think Cody, Rubens, Hill and a few others went to the salomon factory to basically take the MTN Lab/Explore mold and then "design" it the way they want it.

I mean, if you throw those boots in an oven for a lil bit and then stick your foot in em, it probably works for a lot of people.

When you reach a certain point, you don't buy boots based on fit...

I'm happy to make almost any boot work, for a price. If you have a ski company already paying you $20,000-$50,000 a year, an extra 10 hours of their bootfitters time is no big deal.
    Keep in mind most all WC athletes start with one of the same three boots their company makes. 20 pairs and a lot of trail later they each have their own unique set of boots.

Adding a third buckle is no big deal.

The new Roxa Plake boot is stated as weighing 1510g in a 26.5 and msrp for €549 which is actually insanely competitive considering it comes with an Intuition.

Source:

http://www.ledauphine.com/skichrono/...nnee-prochaine

And is a 99mm last with 42° of ROM