Take your fishing poles this weekend

FREE FISHING DAYS IN COLORADO
    To introduce more people to the sport of fishing, the Colorado Division of Wildlife allows fishing without a license for one weekend each year. This year’s free weekend will be June 4 and 5. All other regulations still apply. See the Fishing Regulations (PDF file) or read the press release for more information.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/fishing/
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

____bump____
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Are you suposed to yell "four," when you cast?
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw
    Are you suposed to yell "four," when you cast?
    I prolly ought to - I fished the old Dillon reservoir yesterday evening and my casting was crap. First time out for the year and everything felt rusty. My gear is still garbage - I really need a new reel.

I don't know if the fish weren't biting or I just don't know how to catch a trout on a lure - even a panther marten. Little fackers. But I was trolling along parallel to the shore and felt a pull. The bottom's grassy and not really much to hang up on, but still. Anyway, I start reeling in and next thing I know I see a nice big fish flopping out of the water. But get this - it had been caught by somebody using MrTrout and got snagged up on a log and their line broke. I had my line wrapped around the log and was pulling the entire business into shore. On 4 lb. The fish got away before I could get it out of the water, which was annoying, but at least I saved him from a long slow death.

The sunset over the Gore was unreal beautiful. Everything went hot pink - including the surface of the little lake. Breathtaking.
    Henry David Thoreau