Thread: Green Acres

Green Acres

I guess TV shows go in this forum?

For whatever reason, it seems like Green Acres is all over TV these day (if you're willing to accept "appearing on a few obscure cable channels" as "all over TV").

I first discovered the show when it was on the early Nick at Nite lineup (circa 89) and found it funny, because it's got some pretty broad humor. Watching it now, I catch some more subversive elements to it that totally escaped me when I was younger.

It's far better than most of the other "rural" sitcoms of the era. I know that it was directly tied to Petticoat Junction, and loosely to Beverly Hillbillies (by way of Sam Drucker, I guess?), but it was much smarter than either of those.

Anyone else have any fondness for this show?

Green Acres is awesome. I just mentioned it in another thread the other day. When I was in college we had Green Acres, WKRP, Taxi and Jeopardy back-to-back-to etc. in the afternoon starting at 5:00. Appointment TV for sure. Some weed may have been smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Green Acres is awesome. I just mentioned it in another thread the other day. When I was in college we had Green Acres, WKRP, Taxi and Jeopardy back-to-back-to etc. in the afternoon starting at 5:00. Appointment TV for sure. Some weed may have been smoked.
    I was just talking like Mr Haney the other day
    great show
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Some weed may have been smoked.
    we always had a double shot of twilte zone 11 PM to 12:00 AM. on a 12 inch black and white and we probably watched it from a distance of at least 7 feet. led zepplin IV albumn cover open, or maybe deadset, cleaning seeds.

God do I miss those days.
    "Can't you see..."

funny show

Good stuff, grew up with this and others on after school TV.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    we always had a double shot of twilte zone 11 PM to 12:00 AM. on a 12 inch black and white and we probably watched it from a distance of at least 7 feet. led zepplin IV albumn cover open, or maybe deadset, cleaning seeds.

God do I miss those days.
    Eat A Peach was the definitive weed-cleaning album. Double album first of all, and it had that kinda peachfuzz texture that held the weed and let the seeds roll away.

I did learn something in college after all. Now if they ever bring seeds back...and albums, I know exactly what to do.