at the bottom of the worst air in the USA

Drift Boat Oar Reccomends

Looking for a new set of stix! Actually just bought back my old 16WF Clack from my buddy I sold it to a few years ago. One thing I'm going to change is the set of either Carlisle or Cataracts the boat came with. With being older, and now two bad shoulders I'm not too stoked about hanging onto whatever came with the boat from the factory in '05-ish. Looked at some of the Sawyer's. Looks like Dibs has some sweet fir/ash/ carbon Sawyer deals on his Hog. Love the Pro-Loks and the system, pretty pricey though. Any recommends would be appreciated. Anyone want to dump some square top shoal cuts or comparable?
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

I have the pro-loks. Nice oars and well thought out but I don't think they are all that special. Honestly, after a season of rowing them, I miss the old square top shoal cuts! Pro loks aren't as versatile. They do work as advertised though.

Thank schwert, talked to them yesterday. $890 bucks shipped on their end of year special, which is too rich for me. They look awesome and have had a few guys locally recommend them to me. But, being the weekend warrior at the best, I'll look for a little more yeoman-like oar! Think I'll pull the trigger on the square top shoal cut blems on sale and free shipping.

Hope all is well with you. I disappeared off here for a few years and miss the place. Blew out shoulder, had both knees repaired... old man issues. Not much skiing left in me anymore, but am going to embrace rowing and watching friends catch fish a bunch. Is it bwo time yet?

EDIT- just reread this. Sounds like I should head over to Epski and talk about reviewing Pocket Rockets vs. Snow Rangers and "slarving" vs. carving.

I would say get the red ones, but they only work on rafts.

I have a couple buddies that have these in the carbon fiber option. They are ridiculously light.

http://mountaindriftboat.com/oars.html

Sadly I don't think they come in red.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I have a couple buddies that have these in the carbon fiber option. They are ridiculously light.

I'm only looking for ones that come with chinstraps.

Yeah, teleee, I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of those in square tops. Dibs is running those in the round shaft, but they aren't on sale. I think weight is not much more on the square tops.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post

Yah the Carbon Fiber MT Driftboats are sweet. The wooden ones will make your arms fall off however.