Mid-width tourable and versatile ski- Raven? Faction CT 3.0? PB&J?

I'm searching for a mid-width tourable and versatile ski. The shortlist includes:

4FRNT Raven
    Faction CT 3.0
    Moment PB&J (ordered with the Low-Fat layup)

Anyone have any time on these? I haven't found a decent review on either the Raven or the CT 3.0 and they are difficult finds for demos.

I'm open to other suggestions but, similar to a lot of you on here, I'm kind of particular..

I've been on and am not interested in:

Blizzard Zero G 108 (damp and stable but the traditional tail doesn't like deep corn/chowder or crust; not playful)
    Moment Underworld (fun but the triple camber is too finicky)
    G3 Synapse 101 (Fun! has durability issues..)
    Dynastar Mythic 97 (too floppy)
    Volkl BMT 109 (gets deflected too easily; probably better in non-maritime snowpack)
    DPS Wailer 112 RPC (Pure3) (same as above)

Every ski is tourable. Sounds like you don't like light skis, so just go heavy and deal with it on the up. Or get something like a Candide 3.0 in a long length as a decent compromise (fairly light and skis fairly light but fits your requirements). The new Hoji is meant to be lighter than the old one.

Praxis BC

Dynafit Chugach. Awesome ski.

I'd be interested to see what people had to say about the Icelantic Vanguard. Seems to check all the boxes, but I haven't tried it (nor could I give you a competent review if I had), it might be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by FallLiner View Post
    I'm open to other suggestions
    Salomon QST 106, Black Crows Atris, Armada ARV 106. Faction 3.0 is a great ski, poppy but not chattery, quick to initiate but decent edgehold. Like LC says, any ski is tourable you just have to decide how much weight you're willing to carry.

Praxis MVP

Caravan sb110 is what I'll be on this year...

I'm a blistergear nerd, and I put more faith in their reviews than most others. Confirmation bias is a bitch for most individuals. Such that if you have dropped full retail on a pair of skis, you will likely say you love be them to confirm your predisposed biases regardless of how they actually ski.

Ok, end rant. Blister liked the Line Tourist 102 for a traditional mount (around -10 cm) and the 4FRNT Raven for a more progressive mount (around -5cm) as the best overall one ski touring sticks for this year. I'm pretty sure they didn't review the other skis on your short list.

the fuck does midwidth mean?

use your metric ruler
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Those 3 skis are different from each other. The most they have in common is waist width and mount is closer to center.
    What do you want from the ski?
    Do you like camber?

Cham 107 2.0

Mid-width tourable and versatile ski- Raven? Faction CT 3.0? PB&J?

I'm also in a maritime snow pack and partial to a more ceter mount playful ski that still handles our heavy snow and a bit of charging.

Skis i'm interested in for just what you are looking for:

Amplid facelift. Carbon/wood core. The amplid multiplayer is the same shape with a traditional construction which I'm currently touring on and love except for the weight.

CT 3.0 is my main resort ski and has been great in all conditions so far. Would happily get another pair and throw some tech bindings on them.

Moment underworld

Praxis GPO in ultralight build. Can get it in a 106 width also.

Kitten Factory tours light

ON3P steeple.

Scott cascade 110

Black crows anima free bird (more of a pow ski)
    Last edited by Skiwald; 12-19-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwald View Post
    I'm also in a maritime snow pack and partial to a more ceter mount playful ski that still handles our heavy snow and a bit of charging.

Skis i'm interested in for just what you are looking for:

Amplid facelift. Carbon/wood core. The amplid multiplayer is the same shape with a traditional construction which I'm currently touring on and love except for the weight.

CT 3.0 is my main resort ski and has been great in all conditions so far. Would happily get another pair and throw some tech bindings on them.

Moment underworld

Praxis GPO in ultralight build. Can get it in a 106 width also.

Kitten Factory tours light

ON3P steeple.

Scott cascade 110

Black crows anima free bird (more of a pow ski)
    You should add the Chairmain from Kitten Factory as well. Its not ultra light like the Toors but at 2.1 k(189) it weighs in the same as a 189 Steeple and is wider at 112 underfoot. It has a center mount and is quite stiff. El Hefe(119) is a wider Chairman and weighs .1k more than Chairman.
    Fit and finish is comparable to what ON3P does. Top notch

Great to hear everybody's opinions! Definitely a couple good suggestions on here. It's pretty hard to sift through the bullshit that ski makers use as marketing to find out how a ski actually skis which is why I'm asking you all. Demos are ideal but stuff like Kitten Factory, ON3P and Praxis can be tough to find for demos.

A couple clarifications:
    Mid-width (for me): 100mm-110mm
    "Tourable": under 1900 grams per ski (I know everything is tourable and I error on the side of stronger/frontside skis but I do 5k ft. days fairly regularly and I do appreciate a bit of weight savings)
    These three skis I'm looking at were chosen because they are slightly stiffer and have some front/rear rocker to be able to break free of a carve more easily. High speed stability and ability to drift are two of my priorities. Spring corn, shallow pow and variable/crust/ice/wind buff will be the most common conditions for these. I have, and am not looking for, a powder ski or a pure charging ski.

DGamms- I was addicted to Blister until they went all premium. After skiing a few skis that got high reviews from them I have to read their reviews with a grain of salt. I didn't really like the Line Tourist 102 (too soft and gets deflected a lot). But then again I love the Bibby and the Belafonte which are two of Blisters favorites so go figure.

Skiwald- I think I'm looking for something similar to you. Glad to hear you have the CT 3.0 and like them. Any more comments you have on how they ride and what they are good/bad at would be great to hear. I'd love to check out some Kitten Factory or ON3P skis but haven't seen them around Tahoe/Shasta which is where I'm at.

I'm also in Tahoe.

CT 3.0 has been good in bumps, chalk, and hardpack. Makes small and big turns easily, good at speed through chop and turns great in bumps. Haven't skied them in deep pow yet. Not a full on charging ski like say a cochise, belafonte but the compromise for how good it is at everything else so far is minimal. I think it's a great one ski quiver for out here.