Anyone have a peroneal tendon sublux repair?

Anyone? Did they fix you? I am 8 weeks post-op. Hope this shit works!

Where is that tendon located? Haven't heard of that one.

B)

probably near the knee at the end of the peroneus brevis or, more likely, the peroneus longus muscles which are located in the lateral portion of the lower leg (along the fibula). Exactly where i couldnt say though...
    Mom! The meatloaf! FUCK!.

Runs from the outer part of the leg below the knee (fibula) to the outside mid foot (5 met head & Cuniform)

Seen a few out of the Hosp. for Special Surgery (NYC). Most have turned out well. Go to PT (& Bring them food) You'll spend some time getting the balance and muscle coordination & proprioception back ..... fun balance bord stuff!

I've not had anyone with a sublux repair, but I did have an athlete with a surgery for a peroneal nerve decompression. He had severe weakness most of the muscles supplied by the nerve. After the decompression he reovered fairly quickly. But hius was caught quickly. Depending on how much damage was done to the nerve it may take months or maybe as long as a year to recover. Hang in there and stick with the program.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

The peroneal tendon runs down from your calf, around the outside ankle bone (lateral malleolus) and attaches to your foot's 5 meta-tasal. It is used in eversion -- ie pushing out with your foot. Sublux means displaced. Mine was forced around the ankle bone (high speed skiing crash), ripping the retinaculum thing that holds it down. Fun fun fun!

It is pretty rare, but skiing is the most common cause of this so I thought I would ask here.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow
    Runs from the outer part of the leg below the knee (fibula) to the outside mid foot (5 met head & Cuniform)

Seen a few out of the Hosp. for Special Surgery (NYC). Most have turned out well. Go to PT (& Bring them food) You'll spend some time getting the balance and muscle coordination & proprioception back ..... fun balance bord stuff!
    OK sweet. I am not up to the balance board yet but will hit that hard once I can.

wow sorry I read that as peroneal nerve, I guess I had my dog's nerve injury on my brain.

Yes peroneal nerve sublux is fairly uncommon but I would not say rare. This is basically the same injury Schilling had last year. I had one of my softball players tear her superior peroneal retinaculum a few years ago in her fall season. She did most of her rehab over the christmas break but she did play without problem in the spring.

Stick with the program and take it slow. You should heal up fine.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by descender View Post
    The peroneal tendon runs down from your calf, around the outside ankle bone (lateral malleolus) and attaches to your foot's 5 meta-tasal. It is used in eversion -- ie pushing out with your foot. Sublux means displaced. Mine was forced around the ankle bone (high speed skiing crash), ripping the retinaculum thing that holds it down. Fun fun fun!

It is pretty rare, but skiing is the most common cause of this so I thought I would ask here.
    Are you still around Descender? I have this exact problem, and am scheduled for surgery Friday. I have been dealing with the problem for a year, went through PT, but it's not gotten better. The tendon still pops up on my ankle...

After an MRI and examination by the Ortho, he says it will not tighten up, to keep the tendon in place. Surgical repair is the only way forward. After a year, I agree...

So, Friday is the day. Just curious how you, or others, have gone with this issue?

Thanks.