A bike-riding robot!

That is one cool little robot! Anybody who has ridden a bike knows how tough it would be for the little "fellow".

In contrast, I've got a robotic vacuum that sometimes takes 3 minutes just to re-find its charging dock (that IS, however, after I've tricked it by moving the docking station while it was vacuuming. Heh heh )

"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Aha....only towards the end of the vid, the guy admits he uses a remote control to control the robot, and says he "wants" to make one intelligent enough to ride autonomously. Hmmm....but still, the robot IS keeping itself UPRIGHT autonomously, and that, I think, is more computationally complex than mere direction finding using visual and geospatial cues.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Aha....only towards the end of the vid, the guy admits he uses a remote control to control the robot, and says he "wants" to make one intelligent enough to ride autonomously. Hmmm....but still, the robot IS keeping itself UPRIGHT autonomously, and that, I think, is more computationally complex than mere direction finding using visual and geospatial cues.
    Yeah, that's the way I took it. The real achievement is the ability to ride is autonomously. But, yeah, you still have to tell the bot where to ride. The creator mentions earlier that the skill of riding is also a type of intelligence, so he's done that first. Now, finding its way around on its own, or autonomously deciding where to go is a different skill he can add in later. I don't know about bots and AI, but with all of the direction finding stuff already being done for other things, I also feel that the more complex part is the robot's ability to ride on its own.

Great! Once this tech is perfected you won't even have to ride your e-bike, you can get a robot to do it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Great! Once this tech is perfected you won't even have to ride your e-bike, you can get a robot to do it for you!
    YEAH!! Imagine how much easier century rides and time trials will become!!!

When will the release robots + sizes?