Medium NF Powder Guide Vest

I got it last year for resort skiing, but I'm focusing on more touring this year, both sidecountry and real backcountry, so I'm going to clear out some space in the closet. It's in great shape, the only thing different is I added some orange cord for the zipper pull. I loved skiing in it, better balance than a pack, but I'm packing longer days on the trail this year. Size medium- I'm 5'10" and 185-190 last year while using it. $100 shipped, continental US
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0334.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	194030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	194031  
    Gravity always wins...

Sold! To 1000 oaks.
    Gravity always wins...

Good score, I love mine.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Medium NF Powder Guide Vest

So they say on their site you can carry skis on it- did I misread that? And did you wear over top your shell?

Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    So they say on their site you can carry skis on it- did I misread that? And did you wear over top your shell?
    I have a TNF Powdervest.
    It does have a ski carry system; easy to use, functions well enough (sometimes catch the ski tails on your boots when walking on flat stuff, but it's great for vertical travel).
    Check out the two little metal clips in the photo (those secure the straps that hold your skis).

Definitely worn over the shell.
    Wear one layer less than normal under the shell (to mitigate overheating).

And it makes every lift chair soooo much more comfortable, it's like having your own padded back rest.

Ski carry is adequate for most slackcountry bootpacking. Could even be used as a bc "pack" for quick laps somewhere local. Could be hot though. I for sure run hot when wearing mine.

So I have now been fucking with this thing for 2+ hours, and I cannot for the life me figure out how to attach skis to it. Does someone have a video. Nothing I do with those two large straps seems even close to adequate for securing skis without folding the whole vest into an unwearable accordian.

^^^ Check the pic?: http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/201210/29...9_20542090.jpg

I put my vest on the ground, back side up (oh-yeah baby).
    Lay your skis on top (slower, slower).
    One strap goes below your heels, one behind your toes (now, I'm kinda hot).
    Cinch it up tight, and off you go!

Pro-tip: Don't let any snow get into the female zipper part when you lay it down in the snow.
    It's reeeaaally annoying not being able to zip your damn vest as you're trying to fly up the boot-pack before everyone else because your zipper is plugged with ice.
    (Then you have to blow on it until the snow melts or whack that shit out-o-there).

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    So I used this vest a couple times and am completely sold on wearing a vest inbounds instead of a small pack. Love it, love it. Better weight distribution skiing, and don't have to turn it around on the lift.

It was a tight on me with a puffy under my shell (5'-9"/ 170 lbs with a big chest, I wear a 42-short suit coat), so I made a cut down the middle of the top 2/3 of the mesh panels on the sides. The two straps on each side are at least 1" longer than the mesh allows (it's dumb that NF didn't match the mesh to the strap length), so cutting the mesh allowed the upper section to open up. The mesh does nothing but look good on the hanger in the store anyhow, the straps do all the work.

It was still a little small around my chest, so I got a bigger vest. Still in the same great shape as when I received it from Riff, other than the inconsequential cuts in the mesh, and I stole Riff's awesome orange cord zipper pull.

$100 shipped.
    This still for sale? I'm interested.