Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GOB_Bluth View Post
    What amount of Snow do they need for woods to be game on?
    Depends on how much respect you have for your skis.

tools, not jewels. Just heard from someone there....14" and nuking.

Thanks everyone for the intel.

We got 16-18" so far and it doesn't look like it's done yet. Maybe another 3-5" overnight? Hopefully roads get cleared in the early morning hours so I can run the gauntlet of NY7, VT7 and VT11 post snowpocalypse.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    We got 16-18" so far and it doesn't look like it's done yet. Maybe another 3-5" overnight? Hopefully roads get cleared in the early morning hours so I can run the gauntlet of NY7, VT7 and VT11 post snowpocalypse.
    Hope so. If I have school tomorrow (which I think I will), i'll be in S Londonderry by ~3 for a lap. I'll check into the bar before I head home and say some hellos.

What school? Even UVM closed tomorrow. That never happened in the 5 years I was there.

Public in S VT. It's looking like an all-night plow assault and then a delayed opening.

7:45pm model run and probabilistic graphics out of the NWS in Albany shows Magic in the 24-30" zone. Just shoveled here in the BTV area and we have at least 18" down and still snowing steadily.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StormTotalSnowWeb.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	617.4 KB 
ID:	202534

Hitting the road at the crack of dawn tomorrow. STOKED. I'll take advantage of that Connecticut River Valley dry slot to make the drive up a little bit easier.
    Yeah? Well, you know, that's just, like, uh... your opinion, man.

Knee deep outside the lodge as of about 8:30pm and nuking like a motherfucker.

Consistency is fluffy yet supportive. Couldn't make a snowball but it doesn't compact a whole lot. Hero turn snow 100% tomorrow is going to be one of the best pow days evah. Like fkn evah, hey. Lots of wind early so the woods will be STACKED too. I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Super stoked for you guys!!!!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Pumped for the pow day tomorrow. I'd love to take a few laps with some of you guys. I'll be in a two-tone brown jacket, brown pants, white helmet!

Have fun tomorrow!
    I'm jealous!!

Magic was skied today.

Must be nice.
    Must be real nice...

Didn't think to take any pics until my very last run, but even at 2:30 there were still fresh lines to be found if you poked around a little bit.

Name:  IMG_3341.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  273.7 KB

Caught a chair with DoWork, and saw evanb41 from the chair (who was definitely was crushing it), but never ended up at the same place at the same time.

Good vibes from everyone there, excellent snow, minimal to nonexistent lift lines. Trees were blown in nicely, and I found a couple spots that were new to me.

I broke part of a boot, tore a mitten, and did an unplanned cartwheel. All in all, it was an excellent day.

Nice!!!

I stayed north and skied at Smuggs which was thigh to waist deep in many spots. Wish I knew that area better...

Wish I would've caught up with you guys! Great day today. Had first tracks in the woods almost every run. Thanks for the shoutout exastronaut!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3149.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	202584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3157.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	288.5 KB 
ID:	202585  

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Nice!!!

I stayed north and skied at Smuggs which was thigh to waist deep in many spots. Wish I knew that area better...
    I used to ride there a lot when I lived up your way. You need to get FussyDutchman to show you around. Besides going off into the notch, there's a killer chute off of Chilcoot that runs down to the bottom of Doc's. I would've been heading straight for it today. Shakedown has some good pitch too, always nice when the snow is good.

Good times with a good crew. We even let dex ski with us.

Snowblowing a path to the hot tub was an unexpected annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by exastronaut View Post
    I used to ride there a lot when I lived up your way. You need to get FussyDutchman to show you around. Besides going off into the notch, there's a killer chute off of Chilcoot that runs down to the bottom of Doc's. I would've been heading straight for it today. Shakedown has some good pitch too, always nice when the snow is good.
    The Fussy one got stuck with work today...the original plan was for me to follow him into every wormhole. Im sure he's sticking icepicks into his eyes.

Stolen from MRG FB. GM Bluebird working on his street cred with considerable success.

Good move by MRG (and nice pic). Heard from an MRG coach earlier this year that they're excited he's coming aboard (as they should be).
    [quote][//quote]

Bringing some first timers to the mountain on Saturday so if you see us, please pretend you like me.

Too bad I'm not around.
    I would've had some story to tell what Peruvian does with first timers at the mountain.