Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Nice refills after lunch, gonna need your long johns on Friday

I kept hoping I'd be able to see my tracks on the chair, because I knew they were proud. But by the time I got a view from Collins, they were gone every time. Not bad for a sunny day.

To think I thought about not getting a resort pass this winter and focusing on touring. Boy oh boy, skiing runs like that, I know I made a good decision.

Faceshots in Eagle's Nest this afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I kept hoping I'd be able to see my tracks on the chair, because I knew they were proud. But by the time I got a view from Collins, they were gone every time. Not bad for a sunny day.

To think I thought about not getting a resort pass this winter and focusing on touring. Boy oh boy, skiing runs like that, I know I made a good decision.

Faceshots in Eagle's Nest this afternoon!
    People forget that ski touring is mostly painful hiking with a side dish of skiing. Bring more diesel out, let's fire up the high speed baby!

*this message not Sierra Club approved
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    aint no damn rules
    are volie ski tips still cool?
    angry whelks on db's always will b
    GO BUKKAKE ON YO CRACKA ASZZ

Good skiing witcha and the wifey, Tiff and Toph.

Moar on the way.

^ wow, drake boineys, cool..

The last 2 weeks I have been hammered at work to the point that I couldn't even think of making mid-week turns. That all ends today goddammit! I just hope my legs can handle the next 72 hours. Wasatchsnowforecast.com just mentioned the words "atmospheric tsunami", and who doesn't love a good atmospheric tsunami?

It might be warm and dense, but at least it seems to be coming down hard. Not sure why the snowbird snow stake is so short, this is probably a little over 20 inches.

LCC Backcountry Closure,10pm 12/16 to 8am 12/17.North Side of Hwy, All North side backcountry closed. South Side terrain from WP trailhead OK

^and it looks like road closure as well for LCC. 0530-0730 tomorrow.

snow came in like ball bearings at bottom BCC today ,while I was painting down there

Backcountry Caution tomorrow ,if it left a layer like that up on the higher mountain ,ya'll
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Pretty much a country club day up here after the lifts re-opened. Hot Damn!

Cold cold cold today but the snow was phenomenal at Alta. Cold kept the people away and was ski on lifts after the first 2.

So great.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Ullr smiled upon us today at Solitude. Great turns were had by all.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^^^
    did not suck

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Moving to SLC at the end of the month... what can you guys tell me about the pros/cons of the local resorts? So much to choose from.. Alta looks awesome, but I like to bust out the snowboard every once in a while.. Any advantages to going BCC over the Bird? Smaller crowds maybe? I'll also be looking for touring buddies, so if anyone wants to show a newb around, be in touch!

Personal preference, everybody has their favorite(s) for a reason. You could buy the Salt Lake Super Pass for four days and do a day each at the Cottonwood Resorts and decide. There is a separate "Hook Up" thread on TGR to try to get together with locals. Traffic in LCC can be a bitch, just put up with it. You need a 4X4 in either Canyon on snow days or take the UTA bus which is free with a season pass. Where in the valley are you living?

today was good. pow stayed soft even with the sun. USA bowl with the wife was $$$

Thanks for the beta.. moving to the Millcreek area, so it should be fairly convenient for mountain access. Have a 4x4 so no problem there, but heinous traffic is never fun. Side country is another consideration, and I noticed Brighton looks to have some pretty good offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Subscapularis View Post
    Thanks for the beta.. moving to the Millcreek area, so it should be fairly convenient for mountain access. Have a 4x4 so no problem there, but heinous traffic is never fun. Side country is another consideration, and I noticed Brighton looks to have some pretty good offerings.
    Bought passes at Brighton this year after 10 years in LCC. I'm super stoked with the sidecountry options there. Been ducking ropes lower down off the great western chair last couple days and been getting the goods in some super sweet trees and ski right back into the lift. Looking to build a set of skis with a guardian style binder hate inbounds on the dynafits. Havent done a proper tour yet this season but that should be changing soon.... hmu if you want to get out subscapularis
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Yea, the snow is just so damn good!! Went up Willow from Solitude, dropped near Will's Hill, the hit West Willow, all for glorious, soft powder turns!!

The hasty pit and full pit showed fist-strength snow on top followed by 4F then 1F to the ground. Damp snow at the ground as well. Several weak layers are still present in the snow pack as evidenced by the ECT. Failures at 2, 5, 10, 12, 20, and 25 taps. I'll call the failures Q2 shears (most of the snow under the shovel broke), no propagations. Failures were from new snow, and subsequent snowfall events throughout the pack. This was a south aspect, sheltered from wind, 1.3m deep, approaching a 30 degree slope angle.

God bless Utah powder. Amen.

quick edit from snowbird on saturday after cirque traverse opened. not hugely deep but very fun..

https://youtu.be/D2ks11NEGlE
    Last edited by snowsnake; 12-18-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Still Decent.

Starting to get tracked, though. Might have to leave the resort tomorrow.

Anyone know why SAR is in the wildcat parking lot? Heard it's not just training.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Anyone know why SAR is in the wildcat parking lot? Heard it's not just training.
    Slide in White Pine. 2 skiers got separated and skier 1 thought skier 2 was buried. Called SAR, turns out they were just separated. One of those rare times that everything turned out better than hoped. Be safe out there. There are still some dragons lurking.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Slide in White Pine. 2 skiers got separated and skier 1 thought skier 2 was buried. Called SAR, turns out they were just separated. One of those rare times that everything turned out better than hoped. Be safe out there. There are still some dragons lurking.
    Glad everyone was ok.
    Unofficial posted about it. http://unofficialnetworks.com/2016/1...her-had-died-a