Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Sundance for sure.
    I bet PowMow will be ripping.

Powmow groomers (what there are) were really nice with fresh coat on them. Off piste is mostly refrozen death cookies. But some faces were ok.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

High North is still good at Snowbird. Bit of crunch here and there, lotta murk up there today.

Snowbird was okay today.

higher elev north facing days skied well today. partner did trigger a big enough slough to knock him down. the higher and norther the better. B&H was very tracked and skied meh but sure is pretty

Northeasterly aspects on the pc ridge line skied well this morning above 9000 feet. Rock solid snow pack beneath the new snow - which skied about boot deep. I called it a day as things started to warm up and get wet.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 16-17

Upper white pine skied great this am.
    ZZZ enjoying himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    higher elev north facing days skied well today. partner did trigger a big enough slough to knock him down. the higher and norther the better. B&H was very tracked and skied meh but sure is pretty

Partner was me. Ski preleased and I fell. Since I fell the Slough caught up to me, came from behind and pushed me downhill a bit(20'-30'? It was strange as I was already moving downhill from the fall and the Slough just pushed me further). It was heavy and slow. I Stayed on top and spent a while looking for the ski. Thanks mbillie for locating it. PSA: zip ties (at least the small ones I used) as a method to keep ski leashes connected (but snap and disconnect during avy) do not work. This is more related to another incident than this one.
    Last edited by skiATL; 03-27-2017 at 10:03 AM.

I've been bad about posting pics/stoke as I've only had time for skiing and work. Anyways had a great tour today with gnarchived and another non-mag.
    North superior skied great.

Heart of darkness was fun but just fun not so much for the skiing which was variable at best.

Room of Doom was money. It got fairly tracked today. Aside from skiing a line I've wanted for a while (HOD), this did not look like a bad way to spend a Sunday.

And on the exit of mineral we stumbled upon a rockslide that I'm assuming happened in the last two days. The trail is covered completely with huge rocks and boulders and a huge debris field.

I'm at the Bird with an extra 2 day tram pass for tues and Wednesday. Good deal

Worked all day but heard good reports. Skied an evening lap and it was definitely spring densities. Found a handful of rocks that were buried from the most recent snow.

Thinking of heading up for an afternoon lap. Does anyone know if s face superior saw enough sun to dampen today?

Not sure about sun. I was up early when it was still cloudy and windy. Touring in upper LCC was a solid B to B- imho. Dense with wind affected punchy on the higher north and ridges. I don't recall seeing many if any tracks in Sup on my way out.

Quote Originally Posted by marmar View Post
    Thinking of heading up for an afternoon lap. Does anyone know if s face superior saw enough sun to dampen today?
    yes, I skied an ENE facing line today around 1130, it had seen sun since about 1030ish. Had big wet slow moving sloughs chasing us. Took less than an hour. the difference between more easterly facing and more northish facing was noticeable, and I'm sure south facing is the worse....

Skiing was remarkably good, face shots and all on N and NE faces.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnowut View Post
    Not sure about sun. I was up early when it was still cloudy and windy. Touring in upper LCC was a solid B to B- imho. Dense with wind affected punchy on the higher north and ridges..
    ^ an accurate assessment with spotty visibility

Skied with SFB non mag John and Luffski. No skis were stomped and nothing but good times had. Took a limberpine lap to close the day and sluffs were significant.

SFB in front of the lense for a change

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Can't speak for how touring went today, but pretty much every big line on the cirque at the bird was dropped by people today.

Had my first two lines down the forbidden zone ever and it was amazing. Also hit my first double ever which was great

Awkwardly had someone follow me on a traverse today and he said he followed me cause he always sees me up there... so that's different.

3rded on B- conditions. Was out early afternoon and saw shallow wet activity SE Tuscarora and N facing rocky/sunset saddle had a wind skin on it.

Thanks for the beta. We ended up getting on a due north face, which was a good call.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    long time no ski da luffski

and my homie the hulsie horse gettin back on it after jackin his achelies in a bc avvy

uresha didntia ucksa

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Skied with SFB non mag John and Luffski. No skis were stomped and nothing but good times had. Took a limberpine lap to close the day and sluffs were significant.

SFB in front of the lense for a change

Sick shots man.

"Wait for it"
    ***BLUE STEEL****
    "Now."

Yesterday, Orash11 invited me to join him and some others on his timpanogos project. Arash had eyed up a big face on a seldom visited sub summit of timp, Bomber Peak. Bomber Peak is the middle summit of timpanogos that sits between the true summit and the North Summit of timpanogos. When he first mentioned it to me I began scouring the internet for beta or at the least a picture of the face he wanted to ski, but I was unable to. There were very little images of the middle summit itself and none that I could find reveled the ENE face of Bomber Peak. I was in, whether the face was going to be a worthy objective or not, visiting the most beautiful peak in the Wasatch was going to be worth it enough. Then Arash sent me a beta photo, oh yea, I was glad I said yes…..

Sunrise had everyone taking pictures….

Skinning under the face

Transition to the booter and the face still seems far away

Jonathan on the up and up with matt appearing as the small dot below

Worst summit shot ever?

Orash11 drops in off the top

Jonathan surfing the waves of happy valley

The ENE face of Bomber Peak

More beta for y’all so inclined…. (bomber peak is the one on the left)
    Last edited by BRUTAH; 03-30-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    ^ pretty sweet. how was the snow?

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    ^ pretty sweet. how was the snow?
    Great! cold snow on the face and corn snow down low for the exit....

bomber peak looks sick... nice pics.

solo lunch tripped up mich city today. low viz, kinda wet snow, snowing but not hard. 5-8" seems right. felt the crunchies underneath on S aspects. rode nice and creamy but will turn ugly fast when the sun comes out. seemed quite well bonded though. winds were low to nonexistent even on the ridge around noon.

to the woman I saw wearing a surgical mask for the descent: I will buy you a buff.