Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Cool Jackson Hole first week of March

Hi all.

I've got some time off the first week of March and I'm taking a shot in the dark to try and get up to Jackson Hole to ski.

The problem is I will be in the front range. Is anyone road tripping up or wants to road trip up from the greater Denver area to Jackson Hole? I can throw for gas and accommodations. If I can't make it I will keep watching from the internet with jealousy.

Get after it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    I thought the Granite thing was bar talk, but a great ending!

http://jacksonhole.media/2017/02/mis...found-rescued/

That's the Park Service statement cut and pasted basically.

Crazy that they split up- The guy who skinned up is apparently a Marine pilot. He
    went with a only minimal under layers and his shell. Gave everything to his partner.

The night creature was pretty freaked to have company at 1:30 am when it was gusting
    80+!

So happy for a great ending!

How does this happen over and over? Just go out the bottom gate, no cliffs, no blow into
    Granite.
    Or just don't go out of bounds if you don't know where you are going?

Stoked to come spend a week skiing your undoubtedly fine hill. Myself and fellow patroller from blackcomb arrive on Sunday. Looks like timing was pretty good.

Just a question, whats the best WX site I can use for a moderate short term/medium term forecast. Trying to make a serious decision, which ski to take with me...

If you see us skiing around in WB gear, come say hello.

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by christoweber View Post
    Especially this one from his link: http://forecast.weather.gov/product....G&issuedby=riw

Opensnow is ok for the Tetons in addition to the links above. Sam has been pretty good with shorter term forecasts this season. http://opensnow.com/dailysnow/teton

Pretty nice last call lap today.

Thanks for the sites fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    Thanks for the sites fellas.
    and ladies. HMS is one of the smartest chicas around for avi and bc ski beta, just sayin'.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Apparently there is a sick BASE line off the tram somewhere...

https://youtu.be/rlVzHENWufE

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyLilKitten View Post
    J Hole (as called in Silicon Valley) will not be skiable until Feb 1 (seriously). They are starting to build their base Dec 1 and as rocky and steep as the mountain is it will take over 100" to have a skiable base. So you guys are looking at a 2 month season. Feb and March.
    I just wanted to quote this because it seems so funny now....
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Kelly Canyon stoke!!

This was at 12:30 today.

According to Patrol there was a 44" base up top and it snowed 17" in the past 48.

Sleeper hill that looks to have a lot of touring access, $6 burgers and free parking. Plus they're now closed on Sundays. YMMV

Saw a lone soul putting in an interesting uptrack on the south ridge of Taylor this morning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07472.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	201045

Quote Originally Posted by Grunder View Post
    Saw a lone soul putting in an interesting uptrack on the south ridge of Taylor this morning.

Name:	DSC07472.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	201045
    That track is not as bad/ crazy/ odd/ interesting as it looks from the SE ridge. That section of the ridge is actually pretty flat, angle-wise, although the wind rolls can be intimidating. It's reasonable enough to go to the west, but it's pretty scoured over there.

I won't go up the S ridge unless it is perfectly windless. Brrr.

Looks like an apex/ridge? That's often a good choice but it's hard to form any opinion from that photo.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Some stoke from today, it's starting to pile up out there and getting deep. Glad to see cold temps and blower snow back.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Looks like an apex/ridge? That's often a good choice but it's hard to form any opinion from that photo.
    Just thought it odd to traipse beneath cornices when a perfectly safe option exists on the west of the ridge.

Anywhoo... good skiing today.

Name:	DSC07477.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	201070

Anybody know whats up with the separation that's going on next to the dope cave in PBTB? I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

great news for the King,

Hey all, I will be in JH skiing this Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday, and am wondering if anybody would be willing to show me around for a bit. A little about me: I'm 22m, from the East Coast, and currently spending the winter at Steamboat CO as a ski instructor. I consider myself an expert skier, and I most enjoy steep trees, technical terrain, chutes, etc. Steamboat is a lot of fun, but nothing here really challenges me. I realize how dangerous JH can be and i'd rather be with someone that knows the ins and outs. I'm friendly and easy to get along with, and I'll make it worth your while, be it beer, food, etc. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post

great news for the King,
    anyone know the deal with "lift-E", looks like a 400 vertical foot mini lift about half way up exhibition?

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Did your buddy stand in the middle of this enormous avalanche path to take your picture?