Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My friend started a skin company. USA MADE

Make going uphill great again?

I have no vested interest in this company other than my friend Tom started it here in Bozeman, and these things are pretty rad.

Check it out. I know this is shameless promotion and all, and if its in poor taste, let me know. But its a company started by a dude thats skied in greg stump movies and is generally a rad guy. Plus its a super competitive product. Also, his website doesn't suck.

https://www.skiskinsonline.com/index.html

/shamelessfriendpromotion

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    Make going uphill great again?

I have no vested interest in this company other than my friend Tom started it here in Bozeman, and these things are pretty rad.

Check it out. I know this is shameless promotion and all, and if its in poor taste, let me know. But its a company started by a dude thats skied in greg stump movies and is generally a rad guy. Plus its a super competitive product. Also, his website doesn't suck.

https://www.skiskinsonline.com/index.html

/shamelessfriendpromotion
    I thought the business model looked familiar, then deeper into the website I saw that it's "the next evolution of climbingskinsdirect" or some words to that effect.

How is the new company related to climbingskinsdirect?
    Have they changed/improved the product or is it just a rebranding?
    are climbingskinsdirect still selling their own stuff?

Looks almost identical to Climbing Skins Direct product, in fact the site says "Our skins are now the next evolution of the successful climbingskinsdirect process."

Are the two related?

I know he purchased a skin manufacturer, and it looks like it was probably CSD. I think most of the equipment he purchased had to basically be rebuilt/redesigned.

I will check in with him about the backstory, and let you guys know the differences between CSD product and the BSMP stuff.

Does he have a site discount code for the mags?
    Ski The East

Tom Jungst (from the old Stump movies) has had a manufacturing business in Bozeman for over 20 years. He acquired the technology from CSD and has been making improvements to the skins and attachments. This first phase is another evolution from the CSD technology and is an ongoing process. Jim Conway (me) built the site and is working on marketing. We want to get this right and offer good gear at a fair price, so let us know what we can do to make everyone psyched. Thanks......Sarge......

Ah, this explains the pictures on Jungst's facebook.

Right on, thanks for the heads up G, and for the background, Mr Conway. Cool to see your name pop in here. Do you still run Tordrillo North?

Spotted a couple small errors on the site, suggest one more glance before the traffic ramps up.

Looks like a good option.

As to how to get people stoke:

- red plush-- red is faster
    - mag discount code to get them <$100 which is easy to find on G3 and backcountry from time to time.

skin compay

I better jump in!

Ask away! I'm a newbie again.

Working on it!

My friend started a skin company. USA MADE

If this is anything like that blackcomb windlp sender, it'll b uuuge
    Curious on how these go

Well good timing, needed new skins, with their current discount its $100. Always happy to support another MT person.

Thanks for the post. I just ordered a set using their Black Friday code. $100 and free shipping. Can't complain.

Dam, wish I would have saw this. Skins look good and like the attachments. Anyone else have any discount codes?

Like the code listed on their front webpage?

naw gimme that exclusive code

Code on the main page, blackfriday25, is what I used. I received them in 3 days.

Got mine yesterday as well, will cut tonight, looks good, comes with skin wax which is sweet!

Name:  IMG_4627.JPG
Views: 1115
Size:  108.2 KB
    I've been trimming skins up. Thanks everyone for the orders last weekend.
    That went really well so we are working up a Mag discount coming soon...once I figure that out!

Quote Originally Posted by m59b36 View Post
    Name:  IMG_4627.JPG
Views: 1115
Size:  108.2 KB
    I've been trimming skins up. Thanks everyone for the orders last weekend.
    That went really well so we are working up a Mag discount coming soon...once I figure that out!
    Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Just ordered a pair for the GF but I'm a little nervous as she was not happy with a previous pair from CSD (about 4 years ago). Specifically they were very difficult to get on and off. I'll let you know how it goes.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Just ordered a pair for the GF but I'm a little nervous as she was not happy with a previous pair from CSD (about 4 years ago). Specifically they were very difficult to get on and off. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Nothing some pine needles, dog hair and glide wax won't solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Nothing some pine needles, dog hair and glide wax won't solve.
    I think it had more to do with the rubber tail clip being to hard to grab and stretch. these arrived quickly and i'm about to trim them. the rubber seems much more stretchy at least by themselves just out of the package.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Looking for some skins for my new v-werks katanas for a trip in a few weeks but these are out of stock =/ Let us know when they're back!

I'm about to be in the skin mrkt and would love to hear some more about these guys! Love an American made co bringin some competition to any ski mrkt! Mostly interested in G3 high traction comparisons, don't do much low angle work out here, it's pretty much all straight up. Did like the old bd ascensions as well, especially in the longevity department, but the G3 ht seems to be lighter/packable better cold temp glue and great grip so they've been my go to last couple yrs
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!