Tight Loose (praise thread)

Since I have not found any thread on the skiing board except the ruin and rose thread where i can dump my praise for the TGR flick, I'll just open one.

I thought it was absolutely fabulous. Great shots, nice old school footage and sick skiing. The neacola/Smoothy segment and the Ian Mac on foot Tordrillo segment were outstanding. Great 21st birthday flick.

Nice vibe and music in all segments.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Looking forward to attending the viewing in Montreal on Nov 9!
    27° 18°

Saw it last Friday at Fort Lewis in Durango. Not their best but still pretty damn good. Too much big line AK stuff for my taste, but I know that's what most want to see. The segment with Angel/Hadley killed it. Those gals can rip. The flashbacks were pretty cool too.
    The Sheriff is near!

Not gonna lie...I kinda wish this segment was in every single TGR film

I had to get rid of cable recently so the end result has been watching ski flicks on my roommates apple tv when I get home from work at night instead of cable. That being said, I've watched the 13/14/15 TGR flicks about 40 times a piece in the past two months. Needless to say I love all of them but in my opinion this year's movie is hands down my favorite of the bunch.

First off I really enjoyed the balance of skiing to snowboarding, more skiers than snowboarders by my count but out of the TGR movies I've seen this is by far the most balanced. Not to mention the snowboarders all shred balls to the wall which is great. I really liked the fact that they added Hadley in addition to Angel, again this just adds balance. Sam smoothy is an animal as well and his on camera personality is just hilarious.

I have a big fetish for gulmarg and that's in my top 3 places to visit right now so I loved that segment. The tribute to Roner is classy as fuck. Such a god damn shame though, his segment was great and it's tough not to get emotional while watching that. If I have any complaints I guess I would just say that I was disappointed in the McNutt seg but I get it because he wasn't really in his traditional mcnutt element, really excited to see how he progresses as a big mtn ripper.

All in all I really think TGR has shown us what the future of ski/snowboard films will look like. There's no doubt that skiing/snowboarding are niche sports, it becomes increasingly tougher to attract new and youthful participants. Ski movies and snowboard movies alike are too niche to really attract new participants. More balance allows a larger audience to enjoy the movie together which I believe will help our sport grow.

And I'm one of those purists who has no interest in seeing any snowboarding in a ski movie. I skip snowboarding segments if I'm watching a "mixed" snowsport video. I would rather watch paint dry. I am looking forward to seeing Tight Loose, but hearing there's a lot of snowboarding is an immediate turn off. One of my favorite things about "Way of Life" was the lack of snowboarding.

TGR has been killing it lately. That Alaska segment without the heli with Ian Mac and crew earning their turns was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    And I'm one of those purists who has no interest in seeing any snowboarding in a ski movie. I skip snowboarding segments if I'm watching a "mixed" snowsport video. I would rather watch paint dry. I am looking forward to seeing Tight Loose, but hearing there's a lot of snowboarding is an immediate turn off. One of my favorite things about "Way of Life" was the lack of snowboarding.
    Just curious what your reasoning is behind this? I understand though, I was one of those guys for a while but alot of the guys I grew up riding with were snowboarders so I've come to appreciate each aspect.

Tight Loose (praise thread)

I like recent years where they've done segments mixed with skiers and boarders. Cool to see them hitting some of the same lines. I do checkout a bit when it's boarders only.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Best TGR flick in years. I'm still partial to the under the influence days but this one got me stoked wayyyy more the the last few years
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I don't recall that there was anymore snowboarding than usual in it. I don't remember every detail, there was the obligatory JJ segment and some others mixed in with the skiers but the format, aside from the clips from the old movies was pretty much typical TGR.
    The Sheriff is near!

Also, the dead and widespread panic have tracks in the movie so that's nice
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

When can I buy it? Can't find it in the shop... Time to get on the stairmaster and get stoked.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

It's up on iTunes for sure.

What B Gillis said. Great movie. Definitely the best TGR in a few years. Great balance of riding. Luebke was ridiculous. Every movie should have a Kiwi, esp Mr. Sam Smoothy. Gulmarg segment was great.

My wife was very happy to see that TGR was able to find not just one but two ladyfolks that rip. Me too.

Personally, I'm super bored of typical AK-heli riding in films, and this was a little heavy on that tip for me, but nice diversity of shots nonetheless. Definitely a keeper I'll order up.