Page 8 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    I would guess mountain bike only, downhill only trails are the rarity outside of bike parks or private land. Around here everything is multi-use and 2-way.
    Some are downhill only, some aren't. Multi user, though. Mostly mtnbikers and trail runners. A few hikers, horses and dog walkers.

Private land (timber company) with public access.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

The forest district closed all trails,till an hour after sunrise, until April for deer management.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1479212949.548817.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	856.2 KB 
ID:	192570

I hope they don't shoot my hound.

^^ That sux! With short daylight hours that pretty much means no riding until April other than weekends if you work for a living.

But only ^^^^ Mon-Thur, So it's hassle away on the weekend?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    In the history of mountain biking, has anyone ever benefitted from these stupid little fuckers? I install them about 50% of the time because I'm a mindless drone.
    Attachment 192568
    Seen disc screws back out a number of times so I always check those screws
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^^ That sux! With short daylight hours that pretty much means no riding until April other than weekends if you work for a living.
    It's stupid, because it includes the rail trail pictured, that people use to commute. If it was only a month, I'd probably abide.
    But five months is ridiculous and I just ignore it and hope we don't get shot.

PST, MST, CST, EST can all eat a dick.

DST 2016! Make after work great again!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

My first f*cking post in this f*cking thread.

F*cking DMV. Holy sh*t.

I wasted my entire f*cking afternoon there. Holy f*cking sh*t. They f*cked up what I needed to get done, and now I have to f*cking go back tof*ckingmorrow. F*CK!!!!

After I got home, I got on the horn w/Sacramento and filed a complaint for the f*ck who f*cking f*cked up my f*cking afternoon. What a complete f*ck-up that f*ck is!

F*CK!!!! F*CK!!!! F*CK!!!!

Have a nice day. That is all.

Hugs and smooches and holiday wishes with sparkles and sugary dreams to everyone.

F******CK!!!!!!!

I go to AAA whenever possible. They can't do everything DMV does but they can take care of a lot of things, and never a line.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I go to AAA whenever possible. They can't do everything DMV does but they can take care of a lot of things, and never a line.
    I do the same, just had to go to DMV this time. I'm not much of a drinker, but after going to DMV, I sure could use a stiff drink or three.

I've had pretty good luck watching the wait times to see which location has less of a line. The one off Balboa/Genesee is usually not too bad if you go before it opens. I think it opens later on Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've had pretty good luck watching the wait times to see which location has less of a line. The one off Balboa/Genesee is usually not too bad if you go before it opens. I think it opens later on Thurs.
    Thank you. Line length not the issue in this case, just lame worker, but I got it handled.

Lost a lock nut for a schrader valve stem. No biggie I figured, hardware store should have something. Google the thread type so I can grab a nut on the way home and find out that it's 0.305"-32 tpi/M7.7 x 0.794. Fuck!

Schrader? Is it your wheelbarrow?

Presta valves on MTBs are stupid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Presta valves on MTBs are stupid too.
    Except I can remove the valve core on my presta valves with my fingers, whereas I need a tool with a schraeder. Not a big deal with tubes, but more convenient for tubeless.

I can't say I've ever found schrader core tools to be much of an inconvenience.

My Lezyne High Volume floor pump with the new ABS2 chuck is the biggest POS ever. I'd love to meet the designer and kick him in the nuts. You shouldn't have to watch a fucking video to know how to use a simple floor pump!!!!

I'm not going to warranty the chuck, which went from annoying to broken recently. Can I get a different brand chuck on it?

If not, anyone want a floor pump, barely used? Going in the garbage soon

^^^ See if you can find a Blackburn "anyvalve" pump head. I googled, and they seem to have changed the style to a more expensive one, but a few years ago I bought a couple for ~ $5 each. They work great.

I put one on a cheap floor pump Mrs. C. had, to see if it'd keep it going. Worked great, so I bought another to replace the push-on chuck on my ancient Silca -- way better than the Silca pump head.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Thread on pump heads. It sucks when you unscrew them and the valve core comes out

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Thread on pump heads. It sucks when you unscrew them and the valve core comes out
    Yeah, that happened to me once in the woods. Pumping like hell, sweating bullets, bugs, and then unscrew and core comes out with it. Phuuuck!

Huffy Pumps

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    ^^^ See if you can find a Blackburn "anyvalve" pump head. I googled, and they seem to have changed the style to a more expensive one, but a few years ago I bought a couple for ~ $5 each. They work great.

I put one on a cheap floor pump Mrs. C. had, to see if it'd keep it going. Worked great, so I bought another to replace the push-on chuck on my ancient Silca -- way better than the Silca pump head.
    At my first grade birthday party my best friend gave me a huffy floor pump. Around 40 years and countless bikes later, the thing is still bomber.

Just came from burying another friend. If you have kids, buy life insurance. Short rant, but damn.

Damn, vibes to yourself and his kin.