just a pic of a shore laker from the Canadian Rockies

Nothing fancy. Just a pic 2 hours before dinner.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161021_163518.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	190931

That fish would have tasted sooo much better if you caught him on a Winston spey rod with a burled mount holding an exquisite Abel with vintage waxed silk line. How can you live with yourself, my brother?

I've noticed there are two types of fisherman in this world. Those who fly fish and those who leave the plastic packaging on the cork.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    That fish would have tasted sooo much better if you caught him on a Winston spey rod with a burled mount holding an exquisite Abel with vintage waxed silk line. How can you live with yourself, my brother?
    Haha! I forgot my "picture" rod to gain internet points.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    I've noticed there are two types of fisherman in this world. Those who fly fish and those who leave the plastic packaging on the cork.
    I've noticed two types of posters on TGR. Buttholes who think they are better than everyone and need to point it out all the time , and nice people who are nice.Actually this is quite the Schizo group, so its more like 28 types of posters, and you still are a butthole Or you are trying to be funny. In that case sorry I called you a butthole, Pardon my filthy language.

Rod was new the day before...(thanks to my jerkface rod chewing dog)
    I wish I had the time to flyfish like I used to. I didn't even have time to take off the packaging for my 29 minute fishing trip, which apparently I should have tried to fly fish even though the fish were 40 feet off shore and 18 feet down give or take. I am not a gifted fly guy able to roll cast massive streamers with only a few feet behind me to work with.

We all are. But I only fish drys, size 24-28 which I tie on with my eyes closed. Though I do double haul with my tremendous nutsack, which most experts in the sporting press agree is almost as stylie as my wagon wheel cast, which rolls an unerring double loop 6" off the surface for 180 feet at 44mph while I sneer at hapless beaders flailing the water for 18 inchers.

^^ you I could hang out with...Although if you are nutsack fish I might have to look away.

I was only kidding. I have a good friend who thinks it's bad luck to take the plastic off his spinning rod. I like to give him shit for it too. Look what I instigated though!