Page 136 of 183 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4557
    Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Photos of pow on slides, pow in the trees, pow on Piste....what a week! Suncups, corn and ice bulges for airing...NE at its best.

ULLR and Skadi, you have my gratitude.
    Yes, yes indeed! One of these days I need to meet up with you for a little adventure and I'm always up for trailwork!

I do believe I scored my last faceshot of the season yesterday. Not saying it won't snow, but I'm traveling too much next month and my ski days will be limited to sunny (hopefully) George days...which is nice! Looking forward to some killer corn!

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Great weekend. No downhill skiing but got out on the xc skis with the little one in the chariot.
    Little kid grins and giggles make that wonderfull!

Trailwork?
    Gotta get me a light sabre...toolbag gets heavier every year!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Little kid grins and giggles make that wonderfull!

Trailwork?
    Gotta get me a light sabre...toolbag gets heavier every year!
    It was his first time on a ski'd object. He's 13 mos. When we would go downhill, he would sign "more please".
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Nice to see how the other half lives.

I was stuck on zoomer chair went power went out, but they got that one going after about 10 minutes. I went home but after an hour I could still see folks stuck on the mittersill double!
    my understanding is that the backup could only power one lift at a time. sunday i noticed the brookside chair was out because something went wrong when they went to power it back up.
    I have a season pass, but if you had a day pass that day, you can turn it in for a free ticket. my daughter brought a friend and did indeed get a free day ticket for sunday. I thought that was nice, considering the power went out at 3.
    sun and snow were fantastic this past weekend. 80s weekend was a huge draw. big crowd by cannon standards. and almost empty sunday.
    legs are toast. face is burnt. good times.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Cannon tram down going on an hour now. I don't understand why the diesel backup is moving it.

jackstraw, did you descend from this photo location? I know roughly where it is taken, but have not skied off of that spot and am curious. feel free to PM... i am looking for new lines on that side of the road. i know a bunch, some well-known, others less so.

Yea, yes it was.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    jackstraw, did you descend from this photo location? I know roughly where it is taken, but have not skied off of that spot and am curious. feel free to PM... i am looking for new lines on that side of the road. i know a bunch, some well-known, others less so.
    If you take hang a right from that location you should be okay
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    It was his first time on a ski'd object. He's 13 mos. When we would go downhill, he would sign "more please".
    They love it!

Was skiing with my 2 year old grandson on Saturday. "Faster" was it operative word when he was skiing between my skis.

He was nervous when I wasn't holding him. Guessing it would help, we did some games involving me backwards snowplowing ... tired me right out but he was laughing and enjoying the heck out of sliding on his own!

His big sister, 4, threw down her first hockey stop and realised she could turn that into turns. She did some french fry turns...her dad has a way with small kids and skiing.

Such a big day for the youngsters, truly amazing how fast they learn. Naturally it was lights out in the car on the way home
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Fairly long shot but worth putting it out there, lost my wallet at Nebraska Valley yesterday. We skied the north facing slope down the lake, noticed my pocket was open about halfway down. Could have happened anywhere, but if someone comes across it in the next few weeks, shoot me a PM Please!

Otherwise, awesome weekend, really great weather! Challengingly heavy snow to ski coming back from Japan with wide open trees and super light snow, felt like I couldn't link 3 turns together without struggling to remember what my bod wants to do on snow!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I was stuck on zoomer chair went power went out, but they got that one going after about 10 minutes. I went home but after an hour I could still see folks stuck on the mittersill double!
    my understanding is that the backup could only power one lift at a time. sunday i noticed the brookside chair was out because something went wrong when they went to power it back up.
    I have a season pass, but if you had a day pass that day, you can turn it in for a free ticket. my daughter brought a friend and did indeed get a free day ticket for sunday. I thought that was nice, considering the power went out at 3.
    sun and snow were fantastic this past weekend. 80s weekend was a huge draw. big crowd by cannon standards. and almost empty sunday.
    legs are toast. face is burnt. good times.
    Was there on Sunday for first tracks. What an awesome day, bluebird and no wind. Conditions are incredible right now, go get sum!!
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    If you take hang a right from that location you should be okay
    Hard right!

The tram was down for close to two hours. Last one to download. My kid was on it, not me, thankfully. Yeah, their procedure is one lift at a time on auxiliary. Must have something to do with something, but it's confusing as hell to me. They have diesel power source at each lift? Maybe they don't and have to use one or more generators to operate other chairs. Not an issue on a bluebird spring-ish day, but a typical Cannon winter day that would have been ugly.

As my buddy who is a MRG skier just mentioned, "cannon has a bunch of manmade shit in the way, huh?" They absolutely do. That hill is a little rough around the edges. They sure as fuck should clean up the mess on Tramline. Rebar and crap could really hurt someone. JD is a well liked I know, but that place needs a cleaning of some sort. Somebody is in the way or it's the politics of being state run. Never been a huge fan of some of the older patrol over there either.

And Jhyatt, maybe if we see each other on the hill we can discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Challengingly heavy snow to ski coming back from Japan with wide open trees and super light snow, felt like I couldn't link 3 turns together without struggling to remember what my bod wants to do on snow!
    The snow last Thursday at Sugarbush felt like Rusutsu blower but the trees surely were tighter and steeper at SB.

Saturday in the north was amazing. The snow had settled some but it was still easily skied and was nice and supportive over the glacier below (never hit it with my skis).

Start of the day looking at some nice looking mountain...

Jay Peak by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

StateSide by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

KTele dropping some knee:
    Skiing Northern Vermont-1 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Non-mag friend of Ktele:
    Skiing Northern Vermont-9 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Ktele making some 8's:
    Skiing Northern Vermont-18 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Late afternoon canvas:
    Skiing Northern Vermont-23 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Painting:
    Skiing Northern Vermont-32 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Finish in a well filled in stream bed:
    Skiing Northern Vermont-47 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Evening view:
    Green Mtns in Blue 2 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Sunday headed to LOC with the kids. Unfortunately my 7 year old sprained her knee when she skied across a grassy spot and crashed.
    LOC and St Elizabeth by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Name:  BowlMarch2017A.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  96.3 KB

Should you encounter this group of Hooligans on your home turf I suggest bear spray and the like.

K-Tele for the win! He knows all of spots to hit for sure.
    Sorry about your daughter, one always has to watch those grassy knolls.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Painting:
    Skiing Northern Vermont-32 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

NEK you take some great photos - making me homesick, keep it coming! That one in the evening heading away from Jay is sweet.

Great stoke everyone! What a difference en epic storm and a handful of bluebird days make after 2 weeks of meltdown. Just got sent this one from last week.

Even Southern MA is serving up some great corn (and pine needle) sliding right now.

The throat is looking good again judging from JS' pic, anyone have any beta? I'm thinking still some open water lower down? Still hope to get some turns in with you this year Jackstraw, haven't been to cannon in a few years now, need to fix that. That hard right turn from that spot looks like the perfect place to take it switch to the road.
    Last edited by clubhousebmx; 03-21-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clubhousebmx View Post

The throat is looking good again judging from JS' pic, anyone have any beta? I'm thinking still some open water lower down? Still hope to get some turns in with you this year Jackstraw, haven't been to cannon in a few years now, need to fix that. That hard right turn from that spot looks like the perfect place to take it switch to the road.
    Yeah, difficult to determine what's going on down low, but it's surely on it's way out now, if not already. That aspect isn't great for lasting long. The other side of the street was getting bony down low, which is always a bit sketchy, but that is also a pretty good indication of the other side.

Maybe we can get a rock pile day in!?

Switch to the road!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bowl3-15-17E.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	202912

Point and shoot.

Yeeeeeeeesh. All this substance. Nice shots people.

Was anyone at the Rusty Nail friday night? Or the Snow Barn saturday? Was on stage or drinking beer or both. Alternately, if anyone was at the Loaf, friends in a different band hit their venue & slopes this weekend too. (With any amount of foresight, i would've asked this before performing)

Sunday, skied Mt Snow 8-11 before check out/band van back to Boston, and those 3 hours alone gave me so much life. Lapped the North Face lift; loooooong turns on corduroy, big bumps with patches of ice (humbling) and stashes of fresh, a small drop and a solid coreshot in the woods, alternately WOOing and wheezing.

I felt reborn.

I know y'all don't really know me and I don't have visual stoke of the slopes (and it was just a run of the mill morning of inbounds skiing), but my life has been peaks&valleys without the peaks for a while, so I'm psyched i just got paid to hit a hill when my schedule/finances/cargettingtotaled have precluded me from skiing much at all... had to share.

*Crawls back into darkness, looks forward to more shots from better skiers*

PM me if you dont mind another member in the throat. or any other mission deep in F notch.

Yeah, difficult to determine what's going on down low, but it's surely on it's way out now, if not already. That aspect isn't great for lasting long. The other side of the street was getting bony down low, which is always a bit sketchy, but that is also a pretty good indication of the other side.

Maybe we can get a rock pile day in!?

Switch to the road!

Zero Lawyer Speak, skiing prevails.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Potentially great news for Killington and east coast race fans: http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/174686

With Shiffrin winning the World Cup overall title this weekend and it being an Olympic year, races at K next season will be momentous.

Opaque 3D powder served up lunch. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3329.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	922.1 KB 
ID:	202987Attachment 202988

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Yeeeeeeeesh. All this substance. Nice shots people.

Was anyone at the Rusty Nail friday night? Or the Snow Barn saturday? Was on stage or drinking beer or both. Alternately, if anyone was at the Loaf, friends in a different band hit their venue & slopes this weekend too. (With any amount of foresight, i would've asked this before performing)

Sunday, skied Mt Snow 8-11 before check out/band van back to Boston, and those 3 hours alone gave me so much life. Lapped the North Face lift; loooooong turns on corduroy, big bumps with patches of ice (humbling) and stashes of fresh, a small drop and a solid coreshot in the woods, alternately WOOing and wheezing.

I felt reborn.

I know y'all don't really know me and I don't have visual stoke of the slopes (and it was just a run of the mill morning of inbounds skiing), but my life has been peaks&valleys without the peaks for a while, so I'm psyched i just got paid to hit a hill when my schedule/finances/cargettingtotaled have precluded me from skiing much at all... had to share.

*Crawls back into darkness, looks forward to more shots from better skiers*
    Post of the week right there...