Page 25 of 183 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Is Grand Dad in?

After another inch of rain an inch of snow has fallen.

Tomorrow will be better than people will want to believe at J....maybe smuggs, stowe, Bolton maybe, up high, on closed trails.

You guys suck
    For real, stop now
    crab in my shoe mouth

8"-12" for Jay since yesterday morning....Still snowing....net gain for Mansfield at the stake over the last week.....still snowing. http://www.uvm.edu/skivt-l/?Page=depths.php Gondi side looks nice... https://www.stowe.com/explore/webcams/

Git sum

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    8"-12" for Jay since yesterday morning....Still snowing....net gain for Mansfield at the stake over the last week.....still snowing. http://www.uvm.edu/skivt-l/?Page=depths.php Gondi side looks nice... https://www.stowe.com/explore/webcams/
    Stowe is saying 16" in the last 2 days.....and cold temps prevail with another system rolling towards us a week out. Things could get good fast.....We are so #ucking due. NorthWesterlies filling in nice this morning. Tweaked back from BJJ last week, not sure I can ski but with this scenario tomorrow might be a day not to miss. http://www.intellicast.com/National/...x?animate=true

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Stowe is saying 16" in the last 2 days.....and cold temps prevail with another system rolling towards us a week out. Things could get good fast.....We are so #ucking due. NorthWesterlies filling in nice this morning. Tweaked back from BJJ last week, not sure I can ski but with this scenario tomorrow might be a day not to miss. http://www.intellicast.com/National/...x?animate=true
    I concur. Did some pre-dawn storm skinning/skiing laps at Stowe this AM and it fully exceeded my expectations. Close to a foot of dense powder up high as of 7AM, still dumping when I left. Completely up-slope event - barely two inches at the Matterhorn, and at Rte 100 the was just a dusting, mostly light drizzle.

Got a sign last night something was going to happen. Flash of light followed by a boom = bonus fireworks. They are using my preferred launch point that I don't even have to move to see them.

Rolled out to get that early Moodies

Did Not Suck

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

lucky dude

East Coast Roll Call 10 [ten] SKI or SKI NOT, There Is No Try

Similar experience at BV this morning.

A good reminder on the ascent to tread lightly during low tide.

Turns were well worth the trip.

^^^Nice. Helped teach the kids class today...back felt OK. Ok enough for some mellow pow cruising for the post-dawn hours tomorrow. Who knows when the Gondi opens at Stowe? I love the un-forecast footer. Add in some wind and a nose for wind loading and they make for uncontested lap-fulls.
    Edit. Totals jumped up for northern Mtns. Man, the pros whiffed on this one. Seemed pretty clear to me on Wednesday that the backside of this one was gonna pay off. So much for models.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 12-03-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Moodies Melody

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

That shits in hi-def, VT-F!

So VT had frozen death cookies today.

Nice tip toeing down that line Vt-F

Vibes to folks down in Cambridge

Yea, stoked for you guys getting it. I'm expecting the overload to continue through the week.

Cat, what happened?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

We have a, Bush pass this year at the shop. Stoke! Vt-f, kindly show me the goods! I might be there tomorrow, but for sure, Monday.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Even Killington skied great today. Reported 5" skied like... 5". Pretty fluffy overall. Winter. I love her.

Sounds like minor injuries which in today's news cycle is good. 8-11 residential buildings burned.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/large-fi...bridge/8461563

Ayo, were you right behind me? Green pants and purple jacket? Turns were great!
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

I need to go to the shop first, should be there around 9:15ish
    Let's Party?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Ayo, were you right behind me? Green pants and purple jacket? Turns were great!
    I was in orange pants and a blue jacket, I didn't see too many other people on the Vista side when I was out but the parking lot had a good number of cars so probably more on Wilderness. I started around 8:30 and only talked to one person at the top of Hard Luck. Turns were indeed great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Moodies Melody

That looks good. Real good.

Thanks all, out today for more closed area skiing, day6, no lifts so far.

Praxis BC 180 , Dynafit FT12, Free The Powder gloves.

Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 12-04-2016 at 07:04 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Who's gittin sum on the rockpile?

East Coast Roll Call 10 [ten] SKI or SKI NOT, There Is No Try

Went up to Charlevoix yesterday. Gotta a couple of good runs in the trees. It was pretty deep and a little heavy. We bailed on it at 12pm cause of 30min waits in the lift line. Although we managed to hb the Gondi on one ride up . We went over to poach grand Fond in the afternoon. I ended up sidelined due to a knee sprain that happened while I was walking in the woods to take a pee. Fml ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Sutton Pat scored a good lap. Coulda been worth an overnighter if not for the parking lot injury. It's always some small thing instead of when you're cranking 80,kph downhill lol.

Some crazy looking hills up that way.
    27° 18°

True that danmelon, getting psychologically prepared for my first day out after missing last season for a spill on a blue if not green run last january at SB. at least my ankle fits in my boot now though, and it wasnt much to miss anyhow. anyone on here think this far ahead or ever ski jiminy when/if its the only option? will be there with my kid next saturday taking slow steady turns. oh- and - nice pics and stoke

one chord song
    Last edited by lemmycaution; 12-04-2016 at 10:01 AM.