Thread: Posted Footbeds

Posted Footbeds

Does anyone make these anymore? I have an old pair that Larry's Bootfitting in Boulder made for me about 10 years ago that are cracked and need to be replaced. It seems that everyone has gone to cork, but I have grown to really like the feel and performance of a rigid footbed. Is cork better and I just need to try and see? Am i crazy for wanting outdated technology? Does anyone make these anymore (preferably in the front range of CO)?

huh? Cork footbeds are pretty much by definition a posted footbed that is pretty rigid. My (personal) footbeds are significantly less rigid than almost anything with cork.

Are you looking for something with a Plexiglas reinforcement? I think Kelly Timmons still makes those out of his place in Seattle.

Plenty of people still make posted cork footbeds but rarely do they fill the entire arch with cork like the old days. The trend is toward a footbed with some give, both for better dynamic balance and comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    huh? Cork footbeds are pretty much by definition a posted footbed that is pretty rigid. My (personal) footbeds are significantly less rigid than almost anything with cork.

Are you looking for something with a Plexiglas reinforcement? I think Kelly Timmons still makes those out of his place in Seattle.
    I've never used a cork footbed, but the ones I have are some type of rigid plastic molded to support my arch and the underside is flat. I have to imagine that cork is significantly less rigid than plastic, no?

sometimes...

This guy makes killer footbeds, but he's in LA.
    http://www.kevinrx.com/our-team.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I've never used a cork footbed, but the ones I have are some type of rigid plastic molded to support my arch and the underside is flat. I have to imagine that cork is significantly less rigid than plastic, no?
    The cork is used to fill in the gap under your arch, it is not typically the stiff structural element in the footbed blank. Podiatrists commonly use super stiff acrylic blanks, old school footbeds often used an acrylic layer laminated to some softer materials. Current footbed blanks use softer, more flexible material.

https://secure.yoursole.com/us/mens/footbeds

I been using these ^^for at least 10 yrs for my flat feet, got 3 or 4 pairs in various thicknesses cuz at 40$ they are so cheap work as good as my 300$ custom molded prescription orthotics
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know