Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    That's tbs area. Dilly dally alley & Marshmallow you know.

Quote Originally Posted by irratator View Post
    My guess is not very often.
    Yup same here
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    The new chair can also be reached from Sunshine. It could be worst. You could be a Snowboarder.
    Now that I think of it, the long flat traverse may keep the riff raff out...

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post

I'm talking about this-> where carnival cuts thru marshmallow and maybe the lower bit of dilly dally alley to get to avalanche
    That's going the opposite way from the new chair

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    That's going the opposite way from the new chair
    Lol seriously? I absolutely realize that. I'm simply curious on how they get people from the convergence of marshmallow and carnival over to skyliner. Shit it's flat enough going over to skyliner from the avalanche and marshmallow split.

Well I'm glad that's cleared up. Don't know how far the flats are to CC but I've actually seen unmanned surface lifts used to transport. Nice shot tap in the magazine.

Im still confused

^^^That's pretty clear.
    To answer your first question above (post 135), no we were not talking about Sky, we were talking about how to get to Cloudchaser base. Jonesy answered that in post 136

To your question @ post 139, if you want to get to sky base from junction of lower carnival and marshmallow, you ski down to skiers left of Sunrise base. Then catch the cat track that runs along the berm of the upper Sunrise lot, which then dumps into the cat track known as Avalanche, which takes you back to race center, Sky lot and Sky base. I think there's about 50' of elevation drop betw Sunrise base and Sky base.

The question is, why the fuck would you want to do that when you could just ride back up Sunrise and take the Getback to any of the runs that feed into Sky? Would take about same amount of time, take way less effort and result in way more fun. Or just take Getback from top of Rainbow or CC instead of coming down a bunch of green runs and then skate?

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Im still confused
    I am not exactly clear on it either, but figure we will get to see firsthand in not so long! I THINK...you need to ride up Sunrise, or any lift really, to get to CC. If you go from the Sunrise lodge, there WILL be a little bit of skating. Perhaps a tad more than say Sunrise lodge to Skyliner. I do not think Rainbow will run often. I HOPE this new lift will lighten the load on the Sunrise lift that can get out of control on a busy day. That is my guess anyway. Prior to TBS and Jonesy...I never really checked out the Sunrise\Rainbow area much. Always went west...

What I am not clear about is the catchline if you come down deep off of Cow's face. Is it a similiar get back to CC as in the get back to NWX when you go deep westside?

^^^That's pretty clear.
    To answer your first question above (post 135), no we were not talking about Sky, we were talking about how to get to Cloudchaser base. Jonesy answered that in post 136

To your question @ post 139, if you want to get to sky base from junction of lower carnival and marshmallow, you ski down to skiers left of Sunrise base. Then catch the cat track that runs along the berm of the upper Sunrise lot, which then dumps into the cat track known as Avalanche, which takes you back to race center, Sky lot and Sky base. I think there's about 50' of elevation drop betw Sunrise base and Sky base.

The question is, why the fuck would you want to do that when you could just ride back up Sunrise and take the Getback to any of the runs that feed into Sky? Would take about same amount of time, take way less effort and result in way more fun. Or just take Getback from top of Rainbow or CC instead of coming down a bunch of green runs and then skate?
    Exactly what I thought-> but look at the new map pic I posted. The marked trail I'm talking about is well above that. It looks like it cuts thru the bottom of dilly dally and connects with Avi above where that cat track connects.

I believe that was cut for a get back during spring from Summit because Sunrise, Raindow were closed. Enabling extra terrain. Big deal. I can imagine the thrill factor as you slog back to Skyliner.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

^^^The one time I took this route I was getting towed by a Patrol snow machine back to West Village, with one of my OAS students (a 275lb woman with Downs Syndrome) on the back. She flopped down about 50 yds above exit of DDA at 3:30PM and wouldn't go any further. Sunrise was closed by the time they got to us.

An afternoon from Hell for me, but she was agog over her first snowmobile ride behind "A Brave Man from Ski Patrol that saved her".

Yea thats what I was also thinking. I remember back on the day they would close the whole east side in the late spring. Granted this was when they would operate 'till July 4th

After 2 weeks in FL, I am back. The Skiing sucked, The food was passable, thanks for asking. They did open an indoor Ski/Snowboard joint in Orlando right by my old apt; Didn't get a chance to demonstrate how the pros harvest gnar, inside. Forecast looks alright

My wife has offered to let me do a hut trip solo, instead of a family ski vacation this year. Anyone with info or space on a Wallowas or 3 sisters trip: PM me.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

can you skin up the indoor place to convey your superior skills and toughness?

Check List:
    Two pair socks returned to Darn Tough for warranty replacement
    Three pair skis hot scraped and wax reapplied
    Toe nails clipped short
    Boot liners re-baked
    Base layers, helmet, goggles & gloves located
    Leather Gloves snosealed

SNOW DAMMIT

Beer chk
    Bud chk
    Food chk
    Trail map chk
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    To many snowboarders beatering to safely negotiate Spook.
    Training for Alpental

Check List:
    Two pair socks returned to Darn Tough for warranty replacement
    Three pair skis hot scraped and wax reapplied
    Toe nails clipped short
    Boot liners re-baked
    Base layers, helmet, goggles & gloves located
    Leather Gloves snosealed

SNOW DAMMIT
    You must be training for Alaska.
    Training for Alpental

Looks like only limited openings on Hood this weekend. Bummer.

Why you all waiting? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1479965514.231625.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	337.4 KB 
ID:	193407
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Good call.. I didn't think to check on their uphill policy...

Happy Thanksgiving Oregonian Mags!
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Why you all waiting? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1479965514.231625.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	337.4 KB 
ID:	193407
    so purty

Gonna miss opening day this year. Don't know if Daisy running is good or bad, good for lines, bad for core shots. Once MHE spins, we're there!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Gonna miss opening day this year. Don't know if Daisy running is good or bad, good for lines, bad for core shots. Once MHE spins, we're there!
    It was Daisy, Sleazy Rider and Buttercup. With traverse open to 5 bowl, and waterfall. Was fun, and better than not skiing. No core shots, never really hit anything.
    Training for Alpental

2016-2017 ORYGUN - Annual Pow, Beer, and Duct Tape Thread

Fuck the wind. Jeebus.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do