Page 60 of 112 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2783
    Bowl was worth it tonight. 1st few laps before the lights came on were amazeballs. Then some weather mix and creamy slarve all night long. Well worth the drive.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Its the backside of the cone. Dilly dally on 210s would probably be crazier. How about the fronside cone. Last guy to pull up before the woods wins. Lol
    I am up for wherever. I just want that heavy deep snow!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Speaking of which, possible dates for our Mt B micro summit include

Mar 24-26. First days of OR spring break. The crowds and gape factor exceeds winter break's if weather is decent.
    Mar 31 - April 2. That's the end of Oregon Spring Break. The sunrise lodge closes (restrooms stay unlocked) April 2. They have a special spring rate that may work out for some peeps http://www.mtbachelor.com/tickets-pa...k-ticket-sale/

April 7-9. That's the end of WA spring break (except for Seattle?).

April 14-16. End of CA and Seattle? Spring Break.

Who can make it on which dates?

Tap, Jonesy - thoughts on scheduling in late April or early May?
    I am out the first weekend of Oregon spring break for sure (March 24 through 26)
    The following weekend I'll be there. (perhaps making it more like a 4 day weekend. (March 30 through April 2) Could we see some less than light powder that weekend...hmm....

I believe historically, Spring pass starts immediately after OR spring break. One thing to note, Season pass holders have 4 buddy passes loaded for the month of March. 64$ lift tickets. So, not incredibly expensive even without the pass. But if your doing the pass, then paying 64 is obviously not something that is appealing.

Reading down this thread, looks like Flowing is talking about:

The start of spring passes, which i guess will be the be April 3. AND Week of 4/15-4/22

Personally, and this is in no way meant to disrespect others like TBS, Jonesy, and Tap...but, I think this needs to go down when Flowing is in town. I think April 15th seems the safest date to plan. (Spring, baseball, yardwork, and dwindling wife and son's interest in skiing is a major factor I will have to fight with my family...but it is what it is!)

i'm coming if i can. i'm sure i'll be limited to easy groomers if anything so i suppose later is better. i'm meeting with the surgeon in three weeks to see what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post

Personally, and this is in no way meant to disrespect others like TBS, Jonesy, and Tap...but, I think this needs to go down when Flowing is in town. I think April 15th seems the safest date to plan.
    I return from the tropics on the 11th... I second the vote for the 15th.

I just happened to locate a lost warren miller voucher good for 1 MtB ticky... so there's that.

Also: afterparty at my Hood? Tline Spring passes will be active by then ($99)
    Last edited by FatKidFromFL; 03-01-2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Added the word "SPRING"
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    I return from the tropics on the 11th... I second the vote for the 15th.

I just happened to locate a lost warren miller voucher good for 1 MtB ticky... so there's that.

Also: afterparty at my Hood? Tline passes will be active by then ($99)
    I just looked at my WM vouchers, good all days except Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I just looked at my WM vouchers, good all days except Saturday
    Good call, forgot that restriction.

Could we see some less than light powder that weekend...hmm....
    I recall one exceptionally light and fluffy powder weekend in May a few years back. Just sayin... Sure, it's not as likely, but it COULD happen!

So much talk...moar stoke! Yesterday's single run before work was sooooft, and the sunset sesh lit up.

Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    So much talk...moar stoke! Yesterday's single run before work was sooooft, and the sunset sesh lit up.

nice as always Tap!

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post

When I live in the painful locale of the valley, and I sit on my ass in front of a desk during the weekdays...I have little other than talk to entertain myself. Nice stoke. I am not sure if it eases the pain of work while seeing the mountain conditions...or makes it better. I guess I'll lean towards the latter! Seriously though, nice pics!

Just saw this on FB:

This rocks! It came in this morning's season pass holder email. W00t! TY Mt Bachelor

"Looking ahead to April, we've historically switched to shorter operating hours starting in the middle of the month. This year, we are planning to take full advantage of what should be an awesome spring by maintaining our regular 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. schedule throughout April. Look for additional information about the spring plan to be released in tandem with the launch of our Spring Pass sale in a couple of weeks."

When I live in the painful locale of the valley, and I sit on my ass in front of a desk during the weekdays...I have little other than talk to entertain myself. Nice stoke. I am not sure if it eases the pain of work while seeing the mountain conditions...or makes it better. I guess I'll lean towards the latter! Seriously though, nice pics!
    I hear you, Puma. I'm really grateful to be where we are, and that I can share it with the maggotim.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    Having said that, Meadows totally dropped the ball today and they made almost no effort to get the hill open. They did not even start loading chairs on HRM until 9:20 and did not even consider opening Heather. Heather is understandable due to the amount of new snow and high winds but c'mon, get the f'ing tame shit open on time for fucks sake. Some of us have to get to work...
    Apart from a few lifty issues maybe it had something to do with safety?
    from the report:
    "Several contacts with the Mt Hood pro patrol through the day Tuesday reported widespread natural and triggered wind and storm slabs Tuesday morning, especially near and above treeline. Avalanches were occurring even on relatively low angled terrain. Over 2 feet of new snow had accumulated by early Tuesday with more snow received through the day. Low visibility limited additional observations, however, by Tuesday afternoon large hard wind slabs were developing above treeline and several sympathetic avalanches were triggered."
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Wander into the Gnar with my groomer skis. Some rather unusual snow conditions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gnar.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	879.0 KB 
ID:	201348
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Methinks Puma would have enjoyed today's uneven, wind-packed blower. really smooth out of the wind

Great pics J, as always

You've no idea what we've done must wear jeans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_-K9NknoM

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    [speculation]

patrol was battling rope duckers at heather the last time I was there, and they brought the cut off line to the top of the SSX lift to keep people from getting over there

so, it may be that this is now the level of control they're comfortable with in getting the hill open (HRM to PR)

[/speculation]

noparking, you around & can chime in?
    everything was sliding, even on 30* or less slopes. meadows has slide paths that run into the main area and under special circumstances that can pose a major issue. for the people talking about HRM not going right away - there are slide paths that come back into that terrain. rope ducking is always a problem and as for the rest of the questions or criticism i'm not even going to dignify them with a answer. if you don't like the product write them a email.

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    everything was sliding, even on 30* or less slopes. meadows has slide paths that run into the main area and under special circumstances that can pose a major issue. for the people talking about HRM not going right away - there are slide paths that come back into that terrain. rope ducking is always a problem and as for the rest of the questions or criticism i'm not even going to dignify them with a answer. if you don't like the product write them a email.
    I always like their product

thier customers, on the other hand.... Many of those I could do without

Email written. Response received. She's on vacation and will get back to me. Email sent last week too when ticket counter failed to sync my profile to my pass, starting a chain reaction of events that cost me an hour of skiing. None of the 4 employees I dealt with apologized, seemed to care, nor offered any sort of redress. Not the way I run my business, but MHM is the hot girl at the pdx dance, so they don't have to be friendly. We all get how that works.

I don't give 2 blue fucks about a late open for safety's sake. Sounds like a good and prudent idea. Rock on.

The lift line culture and the lack of ownership mentality among most lift-ops borders on mind-boggling though. Obviously people enjoy the product if they're skiing there. Lift line culture simply interferes with that enjoyment. It will never put meadows out of business, but no rational person that has skied bachelor and meadows on a weekend will disagree that the world would be a better place if one of these things looked more like the other.

Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder about it. No need for that. Seriously, what does your defensiveness accomplish? How about when a concern is brought up time and again that management works together with the community to brainstorm and implement a solution for the benefit of all parties involved? If they're just not ever going to care or change, then the classiest move would be to say "Fuck off JONG. We don't care that lift lines make your pussy hurt. Not gonna change..." Then at least I'd know not to waste my time caring or filling out survey after survey.

For the record, my approach is collegial and practical in the emails. The first line to Lisa was something to the effect of "I grew up skiing at meadows. I love it there. I will continue to ski there, and you don't need to listen to anything I have to say in order to continue filling up parking lots every weekend..."

At the end of my email, I offered to help in any way I could, even if simply to provide additional feedback.

the more emails are written by the consumer the better, hell I even do it because that's surprisingly what they listen to and they do pay attention. I know in our department it gets looked at be several people and we hear about it. Don't know about other departments. As far as the lift line culture/lifts in general go - think of it this way, what type of product do you think you get when you seasonal positions in a non destination ski area with no employee housing that pays the bare minimum to these employees most of which travel from as far as Portland or Vancouver on a daily basis for work? Not trying to defend them but I wouldn't do that job. At the end of the day it's your voices that make the biggest impact on how things will go not mine. I've dealt with all the same things you guys have before I started doing what I do and know the frustration.

the more emails are written by the consumer the better, hell I even do it because that's surprisingly what they listen to and they do pay attention. I know in our department it gets looked at be several people and we hear about it. Don't know about other departments. As far as the lift line culture/lifts in general go - think of it this way, what type of product do you think you get when you seasonal positions in a non destination ski area with no employee housing that pays the bare minimum to these employees most of which travel from as far as Portland or Vancouver on a daily basis for work? Not trying to defend them but I wouldn't do that job. At the end of the day it's your voices that make the biggest impact on how things will go not mine. I've dealt with all the same things you guys have before I started doing what I do and know the frustration.
    I appreciate your attitude, and can also appreciate the culture challenges between mhm and a place like bachelor. Fortunately, I think there's some room for improvement without even asking employees to be more conscientious.

Have you been to many other resorts? Meadows sucks donkey dicks on lift maze design and management!

I really liked the maze layouts at Whistler, and yes Bachelor does a really good job too.

But if you're not a agro rude person, at Meadows, you'll be at least 6-8 chairs behind at any other resort. Blood pressure should not increase standing in line.

2016-2017 ORYGUN - Annual Pow, Beer, and Duct Tape Thread

Fwiw , MHM is understaffed in the mountain ops div. The manager Jen was asking for people to apply for openings last Tuesday before we loaded MHX.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Methinks Puma would have enjoyed today's uneven, wind-packed blower.
    That is correct. I would have!!!