2013 Tour F10, bad idea?

found some 2013 F10s for sale on-line, "new" in-box from skiessentials.com; any red flags buying a binding 3+ years old?
    I ride bindings older than that, just not super-savvy when it comes to bindings
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Didn't The first year of the F10 break at the pivot when people "Knee'd out" in dips & hollows on the skin track?

I don't know what that year was
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The bad first year has rollers on the toe wings. No rollers = good binders.

https://www.wildsnow.com/3776/marker-tour-f-12-review/

so I found ^^ some feedback on the binding from 2010/2011 so its been around awhile, I never heard of any porbs after that 1st year, OP should poke around at wildsnow
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yeah, 2010-11 had the breakage. Haven't heard of issues with the replacements (aside from the usual rate of binding breakage). I still have a couple of the 2010-11 F10s in the fleet but they're just being used inbounds now.

2013 should be fine though you may not be able to get Marker to honor a warranty if it comes to that.

Here's the original thread: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Major-Failure

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    ....2013 should be fine though you may not be able to get Marker to honor a warranty if it comes to that.....
    good point....ya, i read the consumer reviews, sounds like a good binder for what i have in mind (sidecountry, OB and short, local tours) ..... my major concern was buying a binding thats been sitting on the shelf for 3+ years, just makes me wonder
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Good price...I'd go for it if I didn't already have a spare set of Baron's on my bench

I wouldn't think twice about the age, maybe if they were 25 years old and were in the sun a lot. People still ski on plastic Soli 9xx bindings from ~1990.

Hell of a deal if you can use the large frame version.

At $150 shipped for new touring clamps they seem like a great option. My buddy has 100+ days on the F12 version with no complaints (although he is a skinny fuck.)

These are now about $121 shipped with coupon DIBS. Size L only.

I think Marker honors a 5 year warranty? That seems to ring a bell...

2013 Tour F10, bad idea?

Warranty for their frame binders blowing balls, I think not. truly redeemed themselves with the kingpin, don't waste your money on shite, save your pennies and buy something worth your dough... just my 2 cents
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

That binding is a piece of crap, regardless of how long it's been sitting on the shelf. Its basically a Squire, which is a mediocre choice for light women and big kids..

It's a good choice it you want to tour less than half a dozen times a year, pre-release anytime you hit a bump, and spend $121 on touring binding. I'm with the 'save up for a real binding' camp.