Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by skajah View Post
    Surf's up in Bellingham bayAttachment 190202
    Hi Skajah,

That is me on the wave! Always nice to surf some wind swell right in Bellingham. Thanks for posting this photo, do you have any more you could post from the day?

Thanks,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I like how people have to say that the weather people "blew the forecast" when they clearly said a couple days ago there was only a one in three chance this would be a major storm.
    It's like when people look at graphic forecasts and see rain, but don't correlate the percentage chance displayed. It can be 10% chance of precip but if the graphic has rain in it people will say it's supposed to rain on whatever day.

I think there's a very common perception that 30% chance of rain in a forecast means it's going to rain 30% of the day. Sometimes forecasters seem to have a hard time with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    It's like when people look at graphic forecasts and see rain, but don't correlate the percentage chance displayed. It can be 10% chance of precip but if the graphic has rain in it people will say it's supposed to rain on whatever day.
    The iPhone effect

Songda heading for Washington

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think there's a very common perception that 30% chance of rain in a forecast means it's going to rain 30% of the day....
    Only among stupid people.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Feels like we were promised two feet of blower and instead are getting a few inches o dust on crust
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Pretty similar to what every desperate MILF digitaldeath bangs has said.
    Sounds like the old saying around here:

What's the one thing Atlantans and most women fear? 2-3 inches coming right for em.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think there's a very common perception that 30% chance of rain in a forecast means it's going to rain 30% of the day. Sometimes forecasters seem to have a hard time with that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Only among stupid people.
    I once heard a meteorologist spend a long time trying to explain "30% chance rain" meant that 30% of the area the forecast covers will be getting rain.

I live in North Vancouver, specifically in Deep Cove, so when the forecast says rain, they rarely get it wrong.

I'd prefer to see a load of hype even if the weather never really materializes. At least all the service teams were on stand-by. Lots of people here lost power on Friday & Saturday but they had teams ready to go and outages were (generally) short lived. Unlike last August when so many places were out for days because nobody saw the wind coming so nobody around to fix broken lines / transformers.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_Schmuck View Post
    I'd prefer to see a load of hype even if the weather never really materializes.
    Sure but you guys in the Cove don't actually get direct sun light for 6 months of the year. You really just want to see the rest of us suffer. You're like coal miners over there.

Over here in the sunshine belt of Upper Lonsdale it was pretty nice, a few breaks of sun between the rain, no real wind.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Sure but you guys in the Cove don't actually get direct sun light for 6 months of the year. You really just want to see the rest of us suffer. You're like coal miners over there.

Over here in the sunshine belt of Upper Lonsdale it was pretty nice, a few breaks of sun between the rain, no real wind.
    Don't be sad, coal is one of Christy's favourite things. If Christy was Oprah, we would all go home with a lump of coal.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride