Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    I think it's 5, or maybe 5:30. Last time I was up, I was having a pint and to got carried away till 5:35 and had to walk to Excalibur. Magic was still turning, but the liftie wouldn't let me on. It was only a 10, maybe 15 min walk to excalibur but it sucked in ski boots. Some asshole told me magic was open till 6, and that's why I stayed.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I think it's 5, or maybe 5:30. Last time I was up, I was having a pint and to got carried away till 5:35 and had to walk to Excalibur. Magic was still turning, but the liftie wouldn't let me on. It was only a 10, maybe 15 min walk to excalibur but it sucked in ski boots. Some asshole told me magic was open till 6, and that's why I stayed.
    If that liftie lets you on he has to wait another 20 minutes for you to get off at the top!

That ski down to the village from the magic chair always makes me feel super drunk - it takes me a few minutes to remember my ski boots are all undone. maybe I am drunk...

umm.... or you could just walk the 500m.

In AT boots yeah... painful in alpine boots.

How's the snow today? Another 20cm enough to cover up the rain crust? Gonna be skiing resort from the looks of the avalanche forecast.

Props to Whistler patrol for helping my buddy today. Busted femur on the first run of the day. Everyone was great in helping him and our group out.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    How's the snow today? Another 20cm enough to cover up the rain crust? Gonna be skiing resort from the looks of the avalanche forecast.
    Visibility was brutal in the alpine, but snow was good. Crust was still there for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    umm.... or you could just walk the 500m.
    But my place is another 750m after that, so.... gotta minimize the pain. And magic chair back to base counts as another run on the day so bob's your uncle.

Just best to call last run as you're going up it to be safe.

Google coming up empty on a Village shop that has a demo Volkl Confession. I'd settle for a Shiro. Any ideas on other shops that might not show up on a Google search ? Looked at affinity, fantastic, whistler sports, WB, Salomon

TIA!

Coming into whistler this week. Will be spending a few mornings teaching my 3yr old to ski at magic chair, but looking to tour on my "me" day on Thursday.

Not sure where everyone was today. Disneyland for March break? Hungover from St Paddy's? Maybe its just that people start to forget about skiing once mid-March roles around?

Regardless the reason, the snow was of an acceptable quality and the lines were short. Skied pow right back onto the lift all day; what a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeius View Post
    Not sure where everyone was today. Disneyland for March break? Hungover from St Paddy's? Maybe its just that people start to forget about skiing once mid-March roles around?

Regardless the reason, the snow was of an acceptable quality and the lines were short. Skied pow right back onto the lift all day; what a beauty!
    I kept expecting the lift lines to materialize, but other than a small outbreak at Glacier for a bit, it was great all day. Thank you St. Patrick. Fresh Tracks didn't even sell out.

Acceptable conditions on Whistler today. Double to triple overhead blower, gotta love this place when there aren't lines.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Props to Whistler patrol for helping my buddy today. Busted femur on the first run of the day. Everyone was great in helping him and our group out.
    No shit. That's a bummer in the most bad way. Hope he is OK.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or half full, miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    No shit. That's a bummer in the most bad way. Hope he is OK.
    Yeah, it is a bummer. Had surgery Thursday in Vancouver and made it back to Seattle Saturday. Missed the all time day on Saturday.

Saturday was really fun, got 5 top to bottoms in on whistler, by 3 I was done! got the late start yesterday went out for a super mellow flute/oboe solo, found some nice turns in the trees, singing pass is in great shape, 35 min from top of Oboe to gondy

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    Saturday was really fun, got 5 top to bottoms in on whistler, by 3 I was done! got the late start yesterday went out for a super mellow flute/oboe solo, found some nice turns in the trees, singing pass is in great shape, 35 min from top of Oboe to gondy
    See any activity? this pwl has had me riding hit/park laps instead of the usual slack laps. After reading about the partial burial in corona yesterday i'm even less excited to head back http://www.whistlerquestion.com/news...ain-1.12259314. Pretty good wake up call, i've definitely always hung on to the (false) thought that those areas are safer as they are blasted routinely

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    See any activity? this pwl has had me riding hit/park laps instead of the usual slack laps. After reading about the partial burial in corona yesterday i'm even less excited to head back http://www.whistlerquestion.com/news...ain-1.12259314. Pretty good wake up call, i've definitely always hung on to the (false) thought that those areas are safer as they are blasted routinely
    just that one convexity on the north east side of oboe that always pops...looks like someone got a little too close on saturday. I'm actually not too surprised that Corona went there, in the sun and it warmed up super fast yesterday just after lunch. I wasn't too concerned where I was on Oboe, took super conservative lines and stuck to more sheltered trees.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    Damn, 35 minutes from the top, you are fast on SP haha. We had an awesome day Sunday playing on Flute/Oboe. The storm snow seemed to be bonding pretty well based on some hasty pits, no settlements/cracking noted. We stuck mostly to the trees but popped out on some open slopes both E and W throughout the day. I was surprised how few people were out in the morning, it was a bit busier in the afternoon.

We also saw a heli land on top of Cowboy around 2pm but didn't see anyone ski down, not sure what that was about.

Any pics of the slide at the bottom of Corona?

Anyone been up recently? Me and the boy have a day to use up on our Edge cards, was thinking on this weekend. As long as the upper alpine is still soft, it's a go.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Anyone been up recently? Me and the boy have a day to use up on our Edge cards, was thinking on this weekend. As long as the upper alpine is still soft, it's a go.
    Pouring rain at the bottom, puking snow at the top today.

Quote Originally Posted by blomeasap View Post
    Pouring rain at the bottom, puking snow at the top today.
    Thanks. As long as the top half is soft, all will be good.

woohoo! have fun, man!

From today in the Duffy with Nickel and Shar

all good but love that first explosion