Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Google coming up empty on a Village shop that has a demo Volkl Confession. I'd settle for a Shiro. Any ideas on other shops that might not show up on a Google search ? Looked at affinity, fantastic, whistler sports, WB, Salomon

TIA!

Coming into whistler this week. Will be spending a few mornings teaching my 3yr old to ski at magic chair, but looking to tour on my "me" day on Thursday.

Not sure where everyone was today. Disneyland for March break? Hungover from St Paddy's? Maybe its just that people start to forget about skiing once mid-March roles around?

Regardless the reason, the snow was of an acceptable quality and the lines were short. Skied pow right back onto the lift all day; what a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeius View Post
    Not sure where everyone was today. Disneyland for March break? Hungover from St Paddy's? Maybe its just that people start to forget about skiing once mid-March roles around?

Regardless the reason, the snow was of an acceptable quality and the lines were short. Skied pow right back onto the lift all day; what a beauty!
    I kept expecting the lift lines to materialize, but other than a small outbreak at Glacier for a bit, it was great all day. Thank you St. Patrick. Fresh Tracks didn't even sell out.

Acceptable conditions on Whistler today. Double to triple overhead blower, gotta love this place when there aren't lines.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    No shit. That's a bummer in the most bad way. Hope he is OK.
    Yeah, it is a bummer. Had surgery Thursday in Vancouver and made it back to Seattle Saturday. Missed the all time day on Saturday.

Saturday was really fun, got 5 top to bottoms in on whistler, by 3 I was done! got the late start yesterday went out for a super mellow flute/oboe solo, found some nice turns in the trees, singing pass is in great shape, 35 min from top of Oboe to gondy

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    Saturday was really fun, got 5 top to bottoms in on whistler, by 3 I was done! got the late start yesterday went out for a super mellow flute/oboe solo, found some nice turns in the trees, singing pass is in great shape, 35 min from top of Oboe to gondy
    See any activity? this pwl has had me riding hit/park laps instead of the usual slack laps. After reading about the partial burial in corona yesterday i'm even less excited to head back http://www.whistlerquestion.com/news...ain-1.12259314. Pretty good wake up call, i've definitely always hung on to the (false) thought that those areas are safer as they are blasted routinely

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    See any activity? this pwl has had me riding hit/park laps instead of the usual slack laps. After reading about the partial burial in corona yesterday i'm even less excited to head back http://www.whistlerquestion.com/news...ain-1.12259314. Pretty good wake up call, i've definitely always hung on to the (false) thought that those areas are safer as they are blasted routinely
    just that one convexity on the north east side of oboe that always pops...looks like someone got a little too close on saturday. I'm actually not too surprised that Corona went there, in the sun and it warmed up super fast yesterday just after lunch. I wasn't too concerned where I was on Oboe, took super conservative lines and stuck to more sheltered trees.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    Damn, 35 minutes from the top, you are fast on SP haha. We had an awesome day Sunday playing on Flute/Oboe. The storm snow seemed to be bonding pretty well based on some hasty pits, no settlements/cracking noted. We stuck mostly to the trees but popped out on some open slopes both E and W throughout the day. I was surprised how few people were out in the morning, it was a bit busier in the afternoon.

We also saw a heli land on top of Cowboy around 2pm but didn't see anyone ski down, not sure what that was about.

Any pics of the slide at the bottom of Corona?

Anyone been up recently? Me and the boy have a day to use up on our Edge cards, was thinking on this weekend. As long as the upper alpine is still soft, it's a go.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Anyone been up recently? Me and the boy have a day to use up on our Edge cards, was thinking on this weekend. As long as the upper alpine is still soft, it's a go.
    Pouring rain at the bottom, puking snow at the top today.

Quote Originally Posted by blomeasap View Post
    Pouring rain at the bottom, puking snow at the top today.
    Thanks. As long as the top half is soft, all will be good.

woohoo! have fun, man!

From today in the Duffy with Nickel and Shar

all good but love that first explosion

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    From today in the Duffy with Nickel and Shar

Nice one, we were up Chief P. yesterday. Was way better snow conditions than anticipated.
    [B]Safety third.......

Couple of days ago

Unexpected quintuple overhead blower diamond dust tears of the unborn child blower in the Cayoosh Pass area today. HS 320cms + @ 1850m. Did multiple laps from 1850 to 1600m on N facing slopes of acceptable snow quality. Ski pen ranged from 30 to 60 depending on windloading in pockets with HST approx 50-70 at treeline. Boot pen is crotch deep at treeline as basal layer below storm snow is insufficiently consolidated to be supportive so bootpackers be warned. Winds nil to light from SW at TL. Temps -1 at road to 1 later in day. Temps -2 to 0 at 1850m but low clouds kept solar effect minimal hence the snow quality. Some sluffing on N aspects we skied but otherwise nil results

And more from yesterday

upon further investigation- South coast has been skiing deep!

Still looking pretty wintry up there!

Great stuff Lee! Getting stoked for my trip out early next week with all these shots.

Snowed to valley floor again. Laps of Blackcomb glacier in full on winter storm with no-one around. Hello zombie apocalypse

https://www.facebook.com/sharonbader...851339/?type=3
    Last edited by LeeLau; 03-29-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Bushrat slid yesterday afternoon? CTV had some shit about some "safety advocates" worried about W/B not notifying the public faster about inbounds slides and hazards. It's a big fkn mountain with a lot of new snow. They can't mitigate all risk. Beep inbounds. /End rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Bushrat slid yesterday afternoon? CTV had some shit about some "safety advocates" worried about W/B not notifying the public faster about inbounds slides and hazards. It's a big fkn mountain with a lot of new snow. They can't mitigate all risk. Beep inbounds. /End rant.
    Combined with the always-increasing pressure to open terrain, and all the jongs with their DPS skis who can suddenly "shred the gnar" and we've got a recipe for whining on our hands!