Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Bacon muffins, bacon chips, bacon everytingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	14848568197451383659147.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	645.1 KB 
ID:	197749

fuck yeah! how is it up there? thinking of coming up to ride some lifts on sat

Today was all time best.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Yes!! The pocket bacon!

Glad you guys are getting it good. Let's hear some more info and see some stoke! Skiing good down to mid-station? Wish I could've been up today but have to wait for Saturday.

Been watching this thread, looks like things are getting quite nice. Coming up on Sunday to ski Monday-Saturday. Anybody willing to show a California touron and the Mrs. around?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Yes!! The pocket bacon!

Glad you guys are getting it good. Let's hear some more info and see some stoke! Skiing good down to mid-station? Wish I could've been up today but have to wait for Saturday.
    Did Whiz in morn, took p2p and finished up at BC. Found some suweet pockets, and lots of heavyish. Best run was the steep pitch straight off of 7th Heaven and Arthurs Choice. Damn near killed a 9 year old ski schooler that strayed hard right, right in my path, I had 3 meters to hockey stop at 40kph. Instructor yelled at said kid

We were first (!) in line this morning. DEEP first few runs, just got back. Open to close, buddy's quad is fucked (can't handle Whistler ha ha) went to merlins for lunch and got hit on by a couple of mountain sweethearts who made us do a shot ski with them. Then back up 7th and skied couloir extreme, long way down and back to the lodge.
    Now time to get naked and hot tub time machine WOOOOOO!!!

Buddy is in charge of the footage. He's working through minutes of subpar GoPro material, will post anything of substance later.

But fuck. When I thought about the perfect day to introduce a friend to this place, that was it.

Beta: good snow above base of crystal. Lots of pockets left, was still getting the odd face shot on the steeper bits in the woods on last run. Last run had sun, snow, clouds, powder, ice, crud, and slush. Typical Whisler run, actually.

Like all things it's not as amazing as you'd hope, but it's not as bad as you'd fear. Tons of goods left. See you mañana.

Question for the floor though: I was here a long time ago for the first time and I remember this place called Nasty Jacks. What is that now? Longhorn?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    We were first (!) in line this morning. DEEP first few runs, just got back. Open to close, buddy's quad is fucked (can't handle Whistler ha ha) went to merlins for lunch and got hit on by a couple of mountain sweethearts who made us do a shot ski with them. Then back up 7th and skied couloir extreme, long way down and back to the lodge.
    Now time to get naked and hot tub time machine WOOOOOO!!!

Buddy is in charge of the footage. He's working through minutes of subpar GoPro material, will post anything of substance later.

But fuck. When I thought about the perfect day to introduce a friend to this place, that was it.

Beta: good snow above base of crystal. Lots of pockets left, was still getting the odd face shot on the steeper bits in the woods on last run. Last run had sun, snow, clouds, powder, ice, crud, and slush. Typical Whisler run, actually.

Like all things it's not as amazing as you'd hope, but it's not as bad as you'd fear. Tons of goods left. See you mañana.
    Sounds like an epic Whistler day!

Everyone left to Blackcomb, so when harmony and peak opened up shortly before noon it was deserted. Lap after lap knee deep. tits deep faceshots in Turkey chutes, hero snow in sneaky Pete's (but west cirque wasn't any fun. I think they bombed it and all the snow slid out). Variable visibility and ice fog, but fantastic snow up top. First or second tracks all over the place. Best day I've had in a long time.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Everyone left to Blackcomb, so when harmony and peak opened up shortly before noon it was deserted. Lap after lap knee deep. tits deep faceshots in Turkey chutes, hero snow in sneaky Pete's (but west cirque wasn't any fun. I think they bombed it and all the snow slid out). Variable visibility and ice fog, but fantastic snow up top. First or second tracks all over the place. Best day I've had in a long time.
    FKNA, I peaced out to the office when Peak liftie said lift maintenance had to do something on a pulley on a tower....going to pick up scraps in the morning hopefully

Fuck, we looked and didn't see anyone on Peak, we loaded p2p at 12:32. How much vert did it take to kill your buddy's quads? 2 turnstiles didn't scan, shows us at 7,422m
    Last edited by k2skier112; 01-20-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Fuck, we looked and didn't see anyone on Peak, we loaded p2p at 12:32. How much vert did it take to kill your buddy's quads? 2 turnstiles didn't scan, shows us at 7,422m

Whistler/South Coast/Duffey stoke and conditions 2016-2017

Anyone know how the backcountry tickets work with RFID? You have to circle which order of lifts you want to take to go out. Will the lifts only work in that order or do they just give you 6 lifts total (longest route)?

Not trying to scam, just want to know if you can change your plan once you upload or not.

Last edited by gramboh; 01-20-2017 at 01:09 PM.

It's a heli day!

woohoo!

Today was all-time. Sun from 8am-sundown.

Everything opened early, except Symphony but fuck symphony. Hit the first tracks breakfast, consumed at least 2000 calories to hold us until the end of the day.

Run of the day was xmas trees - we were 3rd and 4th tracks down there with knee-deep snow thanks to the winds. Hooked up with friends on blackcomb to ski some more little stashes here and there. I'm told there is footage of all of this, and would REALLY like to contribute some stoke so I hope to do so. Jah bless.

...tomorrow will be rammed.

HoeLeeFuck. First day the heli has flown in a week. 1 meter of new snow in 5 days, epic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14849613170831657238728.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	490.1 KB 
ID:	197848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14849613170831657238728.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	490.1 KB 
ID:	197848

Inbounds quality assurance from today on the Whistler side

Bag deep in spots today in 7th far out...Harmony and symphony. Spent.
    Shoulda hit the gym.

Snowmobiles today. Life is hardClick image for larger version. 

Name:	14850240224731971469382.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	197882

Saw some sled skiers on our tourClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20170121_125030.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	867.5 KB 
ID:	197895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170121_125030.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	867.5 KB 
ID:	197895

buddy and I busted ass and got to the top of Flute first yesterday morning, the shoulder was divine! Variable in the trees Khyber elevation this aft...

Oboe and Cowboy delivering acceptable quality pow today. Good times... Singing Pass in good shape too.

Damn, looks like I'm missing the deep by a few days.