Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    lots of heli bombing this morning on whistler, t-bars opened just before lunch...I'd bet peak/harmony are a go for tomorrow, although I have zero actual verifiable information to back that up
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I hear patrol was doing AC today, are they allowing any hiking? Hopeful boundaries are open tomorrow, and thankful for the AC work!!!
    Patrol I spoke with are hoping to get 7th up tomorrow; said there was "lots of work left to get the Peak open, Harmony may be more feasible".

As for rope ducks and hiking, there was a train of peeps hiking Chainsaw visible from the Jersey chair today - obviously poaching backside as no one was touching "false face" or that vicinity (for good reason, lots of natural releases on the steeper slopes, "shale" and "cirque" included).

Going to be busy tomorrow. But due to this, and the mere nature of the "business", they'll get more terrain open for sure tomorrow.

Another dump-front moving in Tuesday/Wednesday.

Stoke on.

^there shouldn't have been hiking chain, that was under an avalanche closure all day as far as I know.

It was probably digitaldeath and his crew of variably-ply'd miscreants

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    ^there shouldn't have been hiking chain, that was under an avalanche closure all day as far as I know.
    Hey, I'm only telling you what I saw... Darwinism manifests itself in many ways, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMoJo View Post
    Hey, I'm only telling you what I saw... Darwinism manifests itself in many ways, you know.
    Oh aye, I realize that.

Crystal on the cards for today...

Um... They kinda lost the plot on this last 12 hours. Was supposed to be "Trace" amounts - woke up to 6" (easily) of fresh with another 6 to god know how much expected over the course of the day

Same system is lingering around through till tomorrow with a slight drop (less 1C) in temps. This was the same system they (the weather analysts) predicted/forecast was going to "bounce" off the BC coast and move in a north westerly direction away from the mountains.

No bounce, all happy. Get out there and get some Folks... I'm working today (one day a week, guy's gotta make a living you know!!)

ROCK.......ON!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 8.40.57 AM.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	193537  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Harmony, TBars etc are a no-go for today. Too much snow fyi

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Harmony, TBars etc are a no-go for today. Too much snow fyi
    Yep.

Ops also said no dice for alpine opening tomorrow until the snow stops and they get a good 12 hours of daytime recon and AC in all areas. Mega puke. Choking the alpine with loads of goodness. When it does open, it'll be one of if not the best openings I've witnessed up here in some 25 years.

Please be careful in the trees. Mega tree-wells out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Please be careful in the trees. Mega tree-wells out there.
    A reported fatality on Arthur's Choice..RIP

Damn that's awful news, RIP to the lost rider and thoughts to family and friends.

Sad news to end an epic day. Was hoping for T-bars/Harmony tomorrow but sounds like it's not in the cards with the new snow? I'll come and try anyway.

Was hoping for T-bars/Harmony tomorrow but sounds like it's not in the cards with the new snow? I'll come and try anyway.
    this is exactly what i want to hear. hoping to tour lower harmony zone or flute tomorrow.

hit standstill traffic 6 km from function junction this morning so bailed and decided to hit black tusk. 3 km up the trail from rubble creek lot, encountered a group turning around because 100 ft trees were falling across the trail from snow loading. wtf. one missed smushing a girl by 2 ft and she was understandably pretty spooked. decided we were not equipped to deal with giant trees falling on us, so turned around, made a giant snowman in the lot (with accompanying giant penis), then had caesars at howe sound brewery.

hopefully tomorrow goes better

Yeah big snow load on those trees. One fell down in Arts Choice today.

In sure there were more unwitnessed.

I rode out to both Creekside and the village today and both were only moderately 'sporty' at best. Go fast, eyes up and you were golden, even some of the places I knew were cross ditches weren't cross ditches.

I honestly don't even know what to believe any more, the last 4 days don't even seem real. Genuine touching the face of a higher power kind of moments. Holy fuck.

Conditions now average with just 5cms new

It's nice how it still snows somewhere in North America. I should get my passport.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

It's nice how it still snows somewhere in North America. I should get my passport.
    Jeeeebussss...

Just went out to grab some more firewood and it's dumping. Again. Interesting wording in the forecast - they're basically not sure what's happening or how big it is or when it's coming:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 7.37.35 PM.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	193632  

Any word on the alpine yet? We're any of the alpine lifts open today? I'm hoping for early-mid week

My legs hurt. What a weekend.

They opened the sign line a bit farther in Harmony bowl this morning so we got into Wet Dreams trees and then tbars on Whistler opened around 12:30pm. Sign line was all the way to Harmony ridge so we managed two down Robertson's this afternoon. Stupid deep and just laughing the entire time, can't believe it's November.

Strangely, they were stringing chairs on Harmony at 3pm so I'd imagine it's 100% tomorrow. Was snowing then raining hard the entire drive back to the city.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1480309015.869162.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  137.8 KB

Better figure out passport and road trip!
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard604 View Post
    Any word on the alpine yet? We're any of the alpine lifts open today? I'm hoping for early-mid week
    If all goes well - tomorrow, Harmony on Whistler and 7th on Blackcomb with many areas still roped off and under heavy restriction. Tomorrow will be Day2 of cuts, recon, pack testing and blasting. Likely in the morning as they're not expecting heavy winds tonight or much accumulation - but that could change as we have "miraculously" seen these past 5 days.

That's all I have. And it's all speculative at this time coming from ops who basically say "only if [these] things check clear and Mother Nature allows it".

I'm up every day this week regardless of what's open.

nice gramboh. planned on touring the harmony or flute zones but was shutdown by patrol doing avy control. hopped over to blackcomb and toured 7th instead. waist deep. not usually a huge fan of 7th due to lack of steepness, which requires straight lining when it's deep but couldn't really complain. weekend salvaged

I skied out to creekside with the wife about 11:30, and on my way back up red noticed the a small group milling about the t-bars, decided to go investigate while friends were being mopey in the roundhouse and doing groomer laps...5 minutes later patrol rocks up and crack it open! one headwall lap, and then caught up to said friends on second lap breaking trail into boomer/gb, holy shit it's stacked in there! not sure I've ever seen GB's so full, ripped a lap, hiked back up the ridge and did another Gb before lapping around the lifts again for a 3rd one....so ridiculous, what an opening. Think I'm actually going to have to put in a full day in the office today! haha

How are the ski outs? My friends skied out to Creekside on Saturday and said it was legit pow and coverage was fine. I was on new skis so I downloaded both days.

How are the ski outs? My friends skied out to Creekside on Saturday and said it was legit pow and coverage was fine. I was on new skis so I downloaded both days.
    pretty much gtg, I skied out since friday, in addition to a couple of laps to valley to avoid long lines elsewhere, also skied home via bayshores ski out yesterday with zero issues