Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    It was a cornice failure at the end of the day. Buddy had one drop on him wednesday afternoon as well in teetering, took him for a small ride. Its time to be sensible if you know what you are doing, dont hang under cornice ever, even in bounds, and politely inform people who dont.

Lots of evidence of extensive cornice control today and yesterday as well now.

This morning was rad. Shit was getting sent everywhere. Great end to a pretty incredible 2 weeks.

Peak definitely did not suck for the first few runs and Air Jordan sideshow in full effect for line entertainment. Spanky's at the end of the day was rad too. Great day all around and a great way to finish off my edge card.

First bluebird day in weeks. Acceptable quality of snow. Zombie apocalypse as there was not many people around for the usual near to boundary backcountry runs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dontswilllupo.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	203565

More

Blackcomb Glacier Husume flank first tracks

Don't Swill first tracks

Husume First tracks

Corona Third tracks

^ Damn, amazing stuff.

As luck would have it, I'll be in Vancouver Saturday through late Tuesday night for work, and figure I'll take advantage of the situation and head up to Whistler for a couple days - will be my first time at W/B. Plan to rent a car and ski either Wednesday-Thursday (if I can get an early enough start Wednesday morning), or Thursday-Friday.

Any recommendations on the best place to rent a car in Vancouver, and where to stay in (or near) Whistler on a budget?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Any recommendations on the best place to rent a car in Vancouver, and where to stay in (or near) Whistler on a budget?
    Check the "Last Minute Deals" on the Whistler website. I suspect this time of year you'll be able to find pretty good rates midweek:
    https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/pu...te-hotel-deals

One things I'll warn you about is that some hotels will rape you on parking. I'd consider looking into shuttle or bus options from Van to Whistler. You won't need a car once you're there.
    Last edited by The AD; 03-31-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into shuttles. AirBnb has some real good deals too, must be into the off-season.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into shuttles. AirBnb has some real good deals too, must be into the off-season.
    If you can find an AirBnB that includes parking you're golden.

And don't worry too much about location. If you're in Whistler you'll either be able to walk to the lifts or take a bus.

^ Damn, amazing stuff.

As luck would have it, I'll be in Vancouver Saturday through late Tuesday night for work, and figure I'll take advantage of the situation and head up to Whistler for a couple days - will be my first time at W/B. Plan to rent a car and ski either Wednesday-Thursday (if I can get an early enough start Wednesday morning), or Thursday-Friday.

Cheapest accomodations is the Hi-Whistler hostel, $35 canadian a night and totally acceptable accomodations. 4 to a room or they have private rooms for i think around $100/n. This was built as an olympic athletes accomodations, so its a modern facility with a great kitchen to cook your own food to further save the $$$.
    it's a 15 minute drive to Whistler or there is a bus stop right at the door that will also take you to the village.

Have a great trip!

^ Damn, amazing stuff.

Are you coming from downtown? Check www.epicrides.ca they leave from Burrard & Dunsmuir by the Hyatt and are cheap.

From today in the Duffy backcountry. Even N facing got a tad warm. Worked pow between 1900 to 1650m. Cut out at 2pm when ambient air temps started to get high. Was 12 deg in Pemberton

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Are you coming from downtown? Check www.epicrides.ca they leave from Burrard & Dunsmuir by the Hyatt and are cheap.
    Thanks! I'll book that instead of the Whistler shuttle.

^ Damn, amazing stuff.

Whistler Lodge Hostel. Stayed there for a week in feb, rad folks and a chill vibe. They have a kitchen too, if you're into that thing.

Snowing to valley . wheeeeeeee

Lee where's your sled deck?

Not sure how to embed FB videos, but this one of PY from Thursday is worth a watch...
    https://www.facebook.com/pierreyves....video_guests=0

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Lee where's your sled deck?
    The best sled is someone else! Azn driver remember?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Not sure how to embed FB videos, but this one of PY from Thursday is worth a watch...
    https://www.facebook.com/pierreyves....video_guests=0
    Yowza!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    The best sled is someone else! Azn driver remember?
    Lol! Keep sending the stoke Lee! Thx for all the pics.

Yawnnn -more pow of acceptable double overhead blower quality

And a possible GSA sighting

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

And a possible GSA sighting

#believe

Man that PY video is nuts, super impressive... dude shredding hard in his 40's.

Fun day around the Blackcomb slack Sunday other than a few hours of poor vis. Snow was mint. Ski hill seemed dead, but the Sunday night citiot commute sucked. Mental training for the summer I guess.

For all the cube monkeys. We mogulled Blackcombs backcountry

Looks like significant dumpage today. Please share photos of the inevitable shreddage should you partake.

Figures, I left yesterday afternoon, enjoy. Definitely an incredible place and one I will be back to next season, hopefully, for a storm cycle...although the bluebird day Monday was pretty sweet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170403_104117-1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	203918