Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    I'm coming up from Seattle for my annual boys trip on March 15th. Any mags have any passes (or 50% coupons) they are looking to unload? I've bought employee guest passes from a couple mags in years past. Not sure if those days are over with the new corporate overlords. Yeah, I know I can do an edge card or buy at 7-11, but I would rather help a mag out. Hit me with a PM if you can hook a brother up.

No problem Ray. That glacier was bare ice just a couple of seasons ago so it felt good to have 3m of snowbridges to work with.

Phatty no tickets for me . if in doubt check Whistler craigslist

Leaving tonight from Seattle on RV ski trip - debating coastal (baker, whistler) vs interior BC. Snow forecast higher coastal but reports are coming back better than forecasted for interior. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Leaving tonight from Seattle on RV ski trip - debating coastal (baker, whistler) vs interior BC. Snow forecast higher coastal but reports are coming back better than forecasted for interior. Thoughts?
    One nympho supermodel vs another supermodel. You got yourself a firstworldproblem. It's going to nuke throughout BC. Tough one to pick as all of BC is going off

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    One nympho supermodel vs another supermodel. You got yourself a firstworldproblem. It's going to nuke throughout BC. Tough one to pick as all of BC is going off
    Hah! first world problems for sure
    Any concern on the warm-ish-ness of the coastal forecast?

given similar snow conditions, i'd always pick interior. post up on rogers pass

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Hah! first world problems for sure
    Any concern on the warm-ish-ness of the coastal forecast?
    People shit all over snow-forecast and for good reason but their temps aren't that far off - just the quantum of snow is usually off. The temps look pretty good http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...kcomb/6day/top

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    given similar snow conditions, i'd always pick interior. post up on rogers pass
    If you've got an RV then definitely go for Revelstoke or Rogers Pass. Even if all you do is RMR slackcountry or Revy slackcountry access (TGR frontpage story with some ideas there by myself eg MacPherson Fingers, Begbie, McRae) you can't go wrong. There's a lot of people in RVs in the Pass

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...stoke/6day/mid

I like spotwx myself for wx forecasts.

Kevo its just dumb luck

Duffy healed up beautifully. Rex's Pillar

You still rocking that Alpine Threadworks Selkirk pack?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

I like spotwx myself for wx forecasts.
    Totally forgot about spotwx being super helpful for Canada...thanks Lee!

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    You still rocking that Alpine Threadworks Selkirk pack?
    It's still the best pack I've ever used

We did the Callaghan snowcat shuttle last Sunday (another super secret spot blown up by Lee! ). The access from the cat for a day trip is great, we chose Morning Glory due to proximity and to ensure we would be out before they locked the gate. Made the mistake of skinning up the E aspect which took a lot longer than it should have, will go around the back next time I think (as pointed out @ http://www.doglotion.com/huts/callag...w-cat-shuttle/). Will also park outside the gate next time. Moderate to strong outflow winds at ridgeline so lots of shallow windslab but was not propagating much, good skiing in the trees.

It was a bit of a late start as the group of 4 we were sharing the cat with had planned on renting beacons from Callaghan Country but they didn't have enough... so these guys ended up buying new Barryvoxs on the spot... they also had fully assembled shovels strapped to the outside of their packs and rental skis... we noped away from that ASAP once dropped off by the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    We did the Callaghan snowcat shuttle last Sunday (another super secret spot blown up by Lee! ). The access from the cat for a day trip is great, we chose Morning Glory due to proximity and to ensure we would be out before they locked the gate. Made the mistake of skinning up the E aspect which took a lot longer than it should have, will go around the back next time I think (as pointed out @ http://www.doglotion.com/huts/callag...w-cat-shuttle/). Will also park outside the gate next time. Moderate to strong outflow winds at ridgeline so lots of shallow windslab but was not propagating much, good skiing in the trees.

It was a bit of a late start as the group of 4 we were sharing the cat with had planned on renting beacons from Callaghan Country but they didn't have enough... so these guys ended up buying new Barryvoxs on the spot... they also had fully assembled shovels strapped to the outside of their packs and rental skis... we noped away from that ASAP once dropped off by the cat.
    Where did you end up going? I sketched out a route that involves dropping down the Callaghan N Glacier then coming back up then dropping into the couloirs off Cirque Lake but no-one wanted to do a 3000m vertical day. Gotta go back for more in the next bluebird

Where did you end up going? I sketched out a route that involves dropping down the Callaghan N Glacier then coming back up then dropping into the couloirs off Cirque Lake but no-one wanted to do a 3000m vertical day. Gotta go back for more in the next bluebird
    That sounds like an awesome route on a good clear day. One that I don't have the legs for haha.

We ended up just skiing the E side of Morning Glory in the pillow zones. Top was wind hammered but into tree line was pretty good skiing and fun terrain. It was almost 10am by the time we set off across the lake and we were told the ski out could be 1.5-2 hours (??) so we headed down by 2:30pm and skied back out the way we came in as we had parked in the lot and my friend had a flight to catch, so didn't want any chance of getting locked in.

After more research, next time we will park at the Alexander Falls lot, hopefully not have to wait for people buying transceivers so the cat leaves on time, skin around to the W side and ski more/better fall line stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I'm coming up from Seattle for my annual boys trip on March 15th. Any mags have any passes (or 50% coupons) they are looking to unload? I've bought employee guest passes from a couple mags in years past. Not sure if those days are over with the new corporate overlords. Yeah, I know I can do an edge card or buy at 7-11, but I would rather help a mag out. Hit me with a PM if you can hook a brother up.
    I'll be checking CL, but still hoping to find a mag who can help.

Anybody heading up to Whistler tomorrow? Got a green light to not go into work tomorrow, but would love to not rip the hill solo!
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Thank you WBOps for saving Whistler alpine for us citiots tomorrow!

haha, exactly what i was thinking. locals must be so pissed

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    haha, exactly what i was thinking. locals must be so pissed
    Buggers got t-bars open at 12:40pm. Hopefully they weren't letting people hike up Harmony ridge. Guess it's a Peak day tomorrow... lines will be comical.

Blackcomb alpine was open, so no the locals weren't pissed, they don't ski Whistler anyway

Meh it wasnt that good anyway. Rained to the top

Looks so-so
    damn lee...
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

No fun was had in the Whistler slack today....

Sad to hear of the avalanche at Hanging Lake... as well as a school kid passing away from an accident on Blackcomb . Heavy news. Stay safe everyone.

finished an insane few weeks of work and worca related stuff thursday night, been flat on my back on the couch with the flu since friday morning....of course the pow returns

shitty news re. avy activity....kudos and thoughts to SAR, and P11 particularly, appreciate you guys doing the hard work out there

That looks awful - you probably kept getting that white stuff in your face...

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

The agony continues shafty

Duffey snow quality diamond dust angel breath tears of the unborn child quintiple blower