Thread: Amplid Facelift

Amplid Facelift

I recently came across these skis on the internets and couldn't find any real info about them. I realize they're new for 16-17 but it's generally hard to find info about Amplid in the US. What I've managed is they are 135/108/127 in a 184cm and they weigh 1600g /ski. Sounds impressive for their size.

What is the consensus about them here on TGR?

Here is a video to the skis in question:

http://youtu.be/IbH48zcHtRY

I wasn't sure that anyone would have any real experience with this particular ski. But what about Amplid in general? They do not appear to have any US retailers. L9 blows out old stock it would seem. And BC.com has skis from last season but nothing new.

Twin Peaks carries them. twinpeaksutah.com

I contacted Amplid directly asking for retailers close to me here in Salt Lake City and got a response that they are currently working on mapping their retail structure for the United States but currently don't have anyone close to me. He did mention that they ship free of charge to the USA but unfortunately with a ski as expensive as the Facelift I'm not comfortable just giving it a go without even the opportunity to handle the ski first. Oh well.

Sell them some BS and say you will rep them.

The thought did cross my mind

Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post
    I wasn't sure that anyone would have any real experience with this particular ski. But what about Amplid in general? They do not appear to have any US retailers. L9 blows out old stock it would seem. And BC.com has skis from last season but nothing new.
    A good friend picked up a pair of Amplid's (I think the Hill Bills? 115-120) and loves them. She'd skied them a few years ago while living in Jackson. She skis metal Katanas all day and now enjoys the new Cochise. Seems like a well-built ski with intentional design for it's use.

Just had my first day on a pair of amplid multiplayers which is the same shape as the face lift but with a traditional build. I'm using them as my every day touring ski. Had them out in a few inches of untracked and chopped up pow. they skied great. No complaints so far. Depending on how they do in other conditions I'd be tempted to get the facelift.