Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Stayed up late with the diamond stone and buffer pad.

FKNA! Stoked to revisit the vaunted slopes of the mountain resort, and to haul ass with a bunch of rippers!

Not going to make it to Snow King and 17BBI East but if any of the crew from 17BBI West who are traveling east on 90 need a place to rest, recover or make extra turns in N. ID...mi casa es su casa. Safe travels all!

Forecast discussion starting to mention some action starting Saturday.

Well shit, I'm out. Found out gotta work friday. I guess I'll just have to suffer through the tough conditions at Bridger. Have fun you crazy bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Not going to make it to Snow King and 17BBI East but if any of the crew from 17BBI West who are traveling east on 90 need a place to rest, recover or make extra turns in N. ID...mi casa es su casa. Safe travels all!
    Wait, where in north Idaho?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Wait, where in north Idaho?
    CDA

happy and safe travels to everybody heading for jackson!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0862.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	201284

You guys are going to hit it right on the money. Photo taken today, figured I'd post to add to the stoke!

Quote Originally Posted by TCNROMPER View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0862.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	201284

You guys are going to hit it right on the money. Photo taken today, figured I'd post to add to the stoke!
    Goddamn! That looks amazing. Can't wait to get back!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

WOW

(please tell me that's not just a tele lunge making it look deeper)

that does look amazing!

So how about Fri 3/3 we meet up at 8:45am in front of the General Store, which is ~15 feet from the Tram corral entrance and about 30 feet from the lift ticket window sellers
    It doesn't look like there will be much new snow Fri am (but still plenty to find) and the lifts generally open at 9am- BUT I am not opposed to lining up earlier if the collective wants to. Just holler as I am usually at work at the crack of dawn anyway so don't mind getting out earlier at all

I will bring some sort of flag or be wearing a carnation or something so you'll be able to ID me- and/or just look for some people exhibiting maggot-y behavior

some TGR folks also want to ski around with us and join in on the fun (and heard a rumor they will have some schwag bags for the visitors at apres) so if we split up during the day, hopefully we can regroup mid day bc they want to get a couple pics. I'm sure we'll exchange #'s when we get there/ as we're crammed against one another in Tram
    I also really wanted to get everyone in front of one of the webcams for a real time shout out to all of our fellow maggots not with us - both in body and those that had to work/ are too broke. But the alpenhof Tram cam and the JHMR tram webcams are down currently, so that throws a wrench into my plan to do that when we meet up in the morning near the tram. So we just need to pencil that in at some point

Then at 2:30pm I'll need to bail to the Mangy Moose to savagely guard a bunch of tables for us (upstairs in the bar)
    Although I'm trying to find some nice young broke ski people that I can pay for their drinks for awhile to save spots for us so I can ski later- anyone have any other better idears??

FRI 3/3 8:45am* Meet at General Store/ Tram dock corral entrance
    9am- head up Tram and ski all morning
    2:30pm- apres ski begins at Mangy Moose for those whose legs have seized
    4pm- Lifts close- everyone joins apres at Moose

SAT 3/4 8:45am* Meet at General Store/ Tram dock corral entrance
    9am- head up Tram and ski all morning - this day we might start off at Gondola though as weekend days are busier. Let's still meet at General Store and then decide from there
    2:30pm- apres ski begins for those whose legs feel like they have been murdered
    4pm- Lifts close- Tailgate at my van in the parking lot in front of the tram dock - we'll have a mini keg and BBQ going and the shotski might make a tip or two...

SUN 3/5 Sounds like some are departing but I will still ski this day and maybe we could use this as a potential Teton Pass day too for those wanting to chk that out.
    LMK your plans/thoughts

*subject to change with snowfall - keep watching this thread and/or pm me your digits!
    skid luxury

Smile

I don't plan on the bell to bell thing after gaining a total of 2 miles in vert so, count me in to help corral tables. I'm excellent with a knife at a gun fight.

Had an exchange with "chrissy" (name?, can't find txt/email) @ the aplenhof. Discussed the IT issues. Their phones were out and were their primary concern. I'll offer some expletives when I get there and see if that helps.

Gonna scrounge some Mexican if anyone is in town tonight. Was thinking Tequila Authentic. Am I chicano enough?

Thanks for your work on this B-Bear!

I've been here since Sunday, made fools out of ourselves at the Moose Sunday afternoon. Skied Monday and today (the deepest 7" evah). If I can keep any sort of fitness, I'm hoping to ski Friday with the group instead of taking a rest day. Otherwise, i'd have a 1000 mile drive to start Saturday after skiing.

Sorry I've been under a rock... I'm back Thursday at noonish and around for the weekend. While I do have a drivetrain to swap in the truck and a week to do it, I'm happy to help with whatever.

Driving up from slc early Friday morning and likely innaround 10. Happy to do some b/c guiding to some mellow spots if there's interest
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Late to the party, but I'm headed into Jackson Saturday night. Plan to ski Sun and Mon. If you guys ski the resort would love to join, that is if I can hang.

Damn I really hoped to make this, but alas. I'll be watching my daughter crush it, hopefully, at a gymnastics meet in Missoula this weekend. Shred for me everyone!

I fully expect a photo of Norseman getting rad into Corbetts.

March 3-5 BBI Jackson Summit in the TGR Homeland.....

Flying in Friday and errands to run in the afternoon (boyfriend's boot fitting at Bootsie's).
    I don't know how Saturday will plan out, but I'll definitely pop in for tailgate and shot ski.
    I would like to bring a bottle of some sort.
    What would be the good one for shotski??
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 03-01-2017 at 08:47 AM.

I'm flying into Jackson from New England on March 8 and have a pair of skis waiting for me in SLC (at the base of Little Cottonwood) that I'd love to have out there for my trip. Is anyone driving up from SLC and willing to pick up the skis and drop them off at JH Lodge in town? I'll PayPal or Venmo $75 as this would be the approximate cost of shipping but less of a hassle. Would send funds ahead of time. PM if possible with your cell and we can discuss details via text. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Damn I really hoped to make this, but alas. I'll be watching my daughter crush it, hopefully, at a gymnastics meet in Missoula this weekend. Shred for me everyone!
    Gonna miss your presence Ar, along with Hutash and TahoeJ and many others that belong here. [groupwave]

Thanks to b bear for all the work.

I'd be happy to show some people around the resort. I'm not super back country guy, but I know the resort pretty well.

Also, I'll have some swag bags for those mags that want to come over and say hi in the basement of the Hostel- just next to the Mangy Moose. I'll have some fun stuff for the mags that get there first.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Any plans for a group discount or is it not worth the hassle (or not enough people that need them)? Showing up at the crack o' midnight on Friday and will be at the General Store sat am.

Whose sitting on the Delta flight in SLC wAiting take off for JH shortly? 27F, ask for change. 🤘

Disappointed to be missing this, but with this sickness I've been trying to shake since late last week + forecasted dumpage at home + weekend plans I just can't swing it. Looking forward to the TR and joining ya next year for 18BBIJH, perhaps