Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

March 3-5 BBI Jackson Summit in the TGR Homeland.....

We've been discussing a satellite BBI event and a summit in the tgr homeland of Jackson Hole seems appropriate.
    since bobbi has graciously allowed us to poach his franchise and I am also a bb, we shall call it BBIJH

When should we schedule it? Thinking first half of March.....less crowds, still decent potential for powder day- and if not powder than sometimes sun/ slush, which is also a blast
    But also am up for skiing, silliness, baking and drinking with my internet friends anytime so let's discuss best dates
    Here's historical snow data for some food for thought....
    http://www.onthesnow.com/wyoming/jac...-snowfall.html

If we end up having 20 people I can work on a group ticket discount and I can also look at group lodging if that's an interest to folks- just lmk
    I hope the local mags will come out of the woodwork too as I always enjoy skiing with them too

flowing alpy has approved this msg

***EDIT FOR ALL BBIJH 2017 INFO- PLEASE READ****

Summit will officially take place the 1st weekend in March 4-5, although feel free to come early/ stay longer!

Baby Bear will update the attendees on discount lift tickets as we get a more formal count of attending maggots closer to the event
    Lodging- cut and pasted the below from a later post -and will update with Town of Jackson lodging recs soon- stay tuned

Lodging options in Teton Village are: (in loose order of fanciest to least fancy)
    4Seasons- obviously spendy. Looking ~ $800/night for BBI time. They make their bellman and other staff where cowboy hats though..so mean

Hotel Terra- $415/ night. More modern style hotel- also has a sweet elevated hot tub that overlooks the village commons (lawn area by mangy moose where people hang out apres ski) http://www.hotelterrajacksonhole.com/

Snake River Lodge and Spa- also nice/ right at the base of the tram $359/night during BBI

Teton Mtn Lodge- $359 nice hotel/ more rustic style, good apres bar and rooftop hot tub (altho you cant heckle the people below like you can at the Terra hot tub) http://www.tetonlodge.com/

The Alpenhof $299/night- oldest of the teton vill hotels but a pretty cool place if you like bavarian style http://www.alpenhoflodge.com/
    This is also the place where you can partake in the legendary Benny European breakfast to cold cut lunch in your pocket so it's got that going for it

The Inn at Jackson Hole- $246/ night
    more standard but still fine hotel- prices better here and has the "new VC" inside it that everyone is talking about (hopefully it lives up to it's skid heritage)

The the good ol' Hostel X- $125/ night- the cheapest place in the village (still not that cheap tho) but has an iconic past- one of our local OG's Benny Wilson grew up there (his family owned it) Books up quickly tho so book soon if this is your option.
    Last edited by b-bear; 11-14-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    We've been discussing a satellite BBI event and a summit in the tgr homeland of Jackson Hole seems appropriate.
    since bobbi has graciously allowed us to poach his franchise and I am also a bb, we shall call it BBIJH

When should we schedule it? Thinking first half of March.....less crowds, still decent potential for powder day- and if not powder than sometimes sun/ slush, which is also a blast
    But also am up for skiing, silliness, baking and drinking with my internet friends anytime so let's discuss best dates
    Here's historical snow data for some food for thought....
    http://www.onthesnow.com/wyoming/jac...-snowfall.html

If we end up having 20 people I can work on a group ticket discount and I can also look at group lodging if that's an interest to folks- just lmk

flowing alpy has approved this msg
    I'd be interested for sure. Would we be looking at a weekend of some kind?

yea I think w/e for sure.
    of course stay longer for anyone wanting to
    skid luxury

I'm definitely interested.

Pretty sure I'm in.*

*hanging curve

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Pretty sure I'm in.*
    *hanging curve
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I'm definitely interested.
    Meet up at 2funky's and carpool? Maybe hit a hill or 2 on the way?

This sounds good to me.

First weekenf 3,4,5th of march would works for me, (tho midweek would be better ) but not second weekend as I'll have friends coming out for my big 4-0. Hope I can make it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

This may be more do-able for jesski and me than BBI-17, pending the weekend.

Always wanted to ski Jackson, but never made it out there.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Can I board the 2funky train in Spokane?

Maybe the rental RV concept works for BBIJH?

You will need to pay your franchise fee
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Days off are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this winter. I'm down for hosting at Targhee on those days. By which I mean trying to score tix for mags, opening a fresh bottle of Black Bush, and skiing poorly behind y'all...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

BBI Jackson Summit in the TGR Homeland.....

I'll be here whenever it is as long as it ain't over the TCSD spring break.

January wouldn't be bad. I'll be Chief griller.

I've only skied Jackson in late March a few years back and it was full on Spring... so I'm definitely planning to hit it up this year when it's more wintry. I'd suggest sometime in February, but whatever. I'm probably in. Wouldn't mind checking out Targhee this time too.

If anyone from NorCal wants to road trip and hit Utah (or the Rubies) on the way let me know.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 09-30-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Giddyup.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Meet up at 2funky's and carpool? Maybe hit a hill or 2 on the way?
    Oh shit, Big sky then Jackson.......... Shits gettin real. Sounds good to me

Ha, I was gonna suggest Bridger Bowl as the MT stop. FKNA I'd love to show summa yous rippin mags around that joint. Alpy's big brother. Big Sky would be fun, too... Mmm, new challenger lift! Yeep!

Baby Bear... one vote here for not later than mid March. Maybe the weekend after BBI17Alpy, to have the peeps plan a single block of time for this travellin goat rope...?

Todd and dunfee need to supply the food, the swag and all that, dog
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Name:  BBIJH2.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  56.0 KB

BBI Jackson Summit in the TGR Homeland.....

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Ha, I was gonna suggest Bridger Bowl as the MT stop. FKNA I'd love to show summa yous rippin mags around that joint. Alpy's big brother. Big Sky would be fun, too... Mmm, new challenger lift! Yeep!

Baby Bear... one vote here for not later than mid March. Maybe the weekend after BBI17Alpy, to have the peeps plan a single block of time for this travellin goat rope...?
    Bridger would be fine. Love that place as well, BS just has a special place in my heart for multiple reasons I won't get into here. I'm down for either. Targhee would be a more direct route. I can't do the weekend after BBI17Alpy.
    The only time frame I can do in March is the 11th or 25th. I'm only one guy and you cannot please everyone, so I may miss it if on a diff weekend.
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 09-30-2016 at 10:31 PM.

I would be down for it, likely make a week of it since I am traveling from the land of surf and sun. Late Feb early March seems reasonable.

May have to stop in LCC and BCC on the way. SFB you listenin'?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

yea I was only thinking March to spread it out a little from BBI alpental, give people time to schedule it in yada yada but anytime truly works for me so it's all about whatever works for you all

we could piggyback them and do JH summit the w/e of Feb 11-12 -I think my aversion to that was that it's Prez week and that can be a busier time- but we could stilll do w/e of Jan 28-29 and be flanking the alpental summit.
    skid luxury

or if people are vacationing, start the JH summit mid-week after bobbi's summit and go thru the w/e. That way we'd only barely catch the Presidents wk crowd at the end
    so starting like Tues 2/7 or Wed 2/8 or whenever people want to arrive- ski a couple mid-week days
    Then the w/e people roll in and the party continues
    maybe we hit up Targhee and/or Teton pass on a couple of the days?
    skid luxury

Cool!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I need at least a month between events but preferably a little more.