Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The uvm force here is strong
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    dang, I was all set for Alpy in February

but these dates might work better for me considering I have a trip set for SLC the following week… decisions, decisions.
    Do them both. They'll be so different and so fun.

I'll be in attendance, Ill offer up what i can for local tips, and bring some stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Do them both. They'll be so different and so fun.
    believe me I'd like to but I don't get enough vacation days to use that many within a month window

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Also I will be a handy guide with impeccable knowledge of all intermediate terrain and green circle backcountry spots
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Sign me up

My last trip was cut short due to a hyper-extended knee...a guide to the mildly good would be just about right
    Not sure I can hang with the BB17 crew, but this could work for an older jong. It is on the calendar. Looking for cheap flights, as that is a long drive from So Cal.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Fly to SLC and take the shuttle to Jackson. Not as convenient as flying directly to Jackson, but often much cheaper.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

also chk out Idaho Falls airport (IDA) - which is about 90 miles away- and often has good Allegient air flights from Cali

and yea as hutash mentions SLC is a cheap flt option then there are frequent shuttles up to JH
    http://www.mountainstatesexpress.com...tlakecity.html
    or car rental and drive the 5 hours to JH- but of course I'm going to be praying to Ullr for tons of snow so you might not want to be driving during the ensuing babybear generated blizzard.
    skid luxury

Cort, keep me posted on this get together and I'll see if we can get up there. I'm too lazy to read this whole thread so just give me the dates. Wow, I can't tell you the last time I posted here.
    "Figure if I study high, take the test high, I'll get high scores..." -Redman

YEA!
    NHP back in the house
    Dates are 1st w/e of march 3/4-5 but sounds like lots will be skiing a few more days before and/or after.
    Or you know, come visit whenever you want our dojo is your dojo
    skid luxury

b-bear, where to stay? In the Village close to the tram or a bit further down the road in Jackson? I think I may do a road trip so I can hit some other stuff on the way back. My dogs are going to be bummed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    b-bear, where to stay? In the Village close to the tram or a bit further down the road in Jackson? I think I may do a road trip so I can hit some other stuff on the way back. My dogs are going to be bummed out.
    Depends on what you are after liv2ski, for me now, the Vill would be my choice. I like to be done by 9 and into sleepy time around 10. The drive from town isn't terrible (ain't great either) but it's nice being right there.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

^^^It depends

Where I'd like to stay: Village

Where I used to stay: The Virginian

Where I stay now: my friends house in Driggs

What is your budget? Are you rolling solo? What is your car situation? Wanna ride the bus? Are you first chair kinda guy? Who's your driver for Apres?

The Hostel in the village is a good option if you are solo. Drunken stumble from the Moose apes ski.

The village is a great place to stay if you are truly a TGR dentist (hostel excepted).

Much more reasonable options in town with a moderate bus ride to the mountain. If you drive parking in is a bit if a hassle and added expense. Free down valley, but back to bus rides.

I miss the VC.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    also chk out Idaho Falls airport (IDA) - which is about 90 miles away- and often has good Allegient air flights from Cali

and yea as hutash mentions SLC is a cheap flt option then there are frequent shuttles up to JH
    http://www.mountainstatesexpress.com...tlakecity.html
    or car rental and drive the 5 hours to JH- but of course I'm going to be praying to Ullr for tons of snow so you might not want to be driving during the ensuing babybear generated blizzard.
    I think the Allegiant flights only run Memorial Day to Labor Day unfortunately. Poky is cheaper than IF, IF prices get inflated since a lot of those are going on the government tab for Site workers.

For those looking for a place to stay, renting a condo at the village or the aspens might be worth a look if you can find couple folks to go in on it. Public transportation in both places but having a car wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I miss the Bear Claw
    FIFY, (I'm old).
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Cutty's opened up at the Village, so there will be a 'cheaper' local's watering hole with Pizza, Wings, Philly Cheesesteaks, etc out there again.
    It's good news.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I love me some Cutty's cheesesteaks and pies! I hope they do well in that space.

Shhhhushhhh. If they find out it will be worse then the rates they are charging for the solar eclipse in August.

Nobody is coming to Jackson in the first week of March.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Cutty's opened up at the Village, so there will be a 'cheaper' local's watering hole with Pizza, Wings, Philly Cheesesteaks, etc out there again.
    It's good news.
    Where is it? Is it a cool spot to hang out at?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Where is it? Is it a cool spot to hang out at?
    Its inside the Inn where the VC moved for a year or two after the old building was torn down.

A friend works for the Caldera House and he said they will have at least some pricing aimed to try and bring back the VC crowd.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    Its inside the Inn where the VC moved for a year or two after the old building was torn down.

A friend works for the Caldera House and he said they will have at least some pricing aimed to try and bring back the VC crowd.
    Caldera House is a spirited luxury condo-hotel and commercial property located within the heart of Teton Village in Jackson Hole, WY. With our prime location, 'the House' (as we like to call it) will offer luxury condos and memberships, which gain access to our state of the art locker room, valet parking and concierge service, high-end spa facilities, and plush après-ski lounge, all at the foot of one of the best ski mountains in the world. In addition, Caldera House includes a cafe, restaurant, and sports shop for all visitors of the resort to enjoy. Please contact us to inquire about condos, memberships, employment and more.
    Sure doesn't sound like the VC.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Sure doesn't sound like the VC.
    I was surprised too but that's what he said. I guess we will see when they open this winter.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Group rates on lift tickets/lodging?
    It's really the lift tickets that kill you.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Just like Back to the Future predicted the Cubbies as world champions and a horrible orange-angry-man as our President, I too predicted a JHole mag summit - a year off, of course.

I highly doubt I'll be able to Make Tram Laps Great Again this season but I do ask that you keep your eyes peeled for the OG BBI '16 stickers I gleefully decorated the resort with. Esp. that one at the very top of the mountain that I put on top of an AlpineZone.com decal