Page 11 of 184 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I doubt they'll be able to open before the 23rd, the day before Thanksgiving. That prior weekend the temps are finally going to cool off enough for snow making but that's going to take a few days before they'll have a shitty little WROD. Mammoth looks to be somewhat decent though, all things considered.
    Yep, called it. Squaw just announced November 23rd opening. Could be a mini pow day up high if we're lucky and that extended forecast holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by zezekin View Post
    Is this an event, or just a big swell coming in? I'm not a surfer, but am going to be in the area in the next couple of days and would like to watch if possible
    best to go to the source as there isn't a scheduled date that it goes off...the swell sure looks like its ready...but it gets called by the organizers when the surf is expected to be YUUUUGE....

Is there any Mtb still ridable around TC?

Finally got rousted from secret cove parking lot I think that makes 2 months. Mammoth/Bishop has killer cigarets but no KEYSTONE ICE. Sittin' in the sun not deciding.

subbed

Haha found 36 at KMART! KMART! Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    You can't get close anymore, since peeps got some close up wave action a coupla years ago.
    Think you watch it onna big screen...no really...
    You can watch from the cliff with binoculars

Anyone have a link on a deal for a sled deck (8ft bed.) Been keeping my eyes on craigslist but haven't seen much.

Check snowwest.com and search for sled decks, they are on online and magazine publication with a decent classified forum for sleds, etc.
    True happiness comes from within, the whiteroom.

Quote Originally Posted by zezekin View Post
    Is this an event, or just a big swell coming in? I'm not a surfer, but am going to be in the area in the next couple of days and would like to watch if possible
    Nonevent today, but it should be pushing past 20'. Worth a watch. Plenty of good show when ever it breaks.

It appears we're not the only ones waiting...

Name:  moresnow.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  70.0 KB

I know everyone who can is going to show up Tuesday for the Placer County Board of Supervisors meeting in Kings Beach at the event center.

For those of you that insist you can't make it, Trump slashed your tires, you've been locked in a dungeon with a ball gag in your mouth, here is a web form you can use to send a message to the board of supervisors telling them to DENY THE CURRENT PROPOSAL.

http://keepsquawtrue.org/letter-to-t...f-supervisors/
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

^^ Driving up tonight with some others from the bay. We need more than just locals to show up at this thing. Although I suspect the Board will just rubber stamp it and leave it up to Sierra Watch to file suit. On the other hand, I wonder if Kamala Harris winning a Senate seat will carry any sway.

^^ Driving up tonight with some others from the bay. We need more than just locals to show up at this thing. Although I suspect the Board will just rubber stamp it and leave it up to Sierra Watch to file suit. On the other hand, I wonder if Kamala Harris winning a Senate seat will carry any sway.
    depends who is appointed to take her place. write Jerry Brown and ask him to appoint an AG who will support her position on the "village".

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    I know everyone who can is going to show up Tuesday for the Placer County Board of Supervisors meeting in Kings Beach at the event center.

For those of you that insist you can't make it, Trump slashed your tires, you've been locked in a dungeon with a ball gag in your mouth, here is a web form you can use to send a message to the board of supervisors telling them to DENY THE CURRENT PROPOSAL.

What time are the masses assembling? I assume this will be an all day type of endeavor?

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post

Signed. Thanks for sharing. Super easy.

The Board of Supervisors represents Placer County, so my letter focused on my belief that the project will not benefit Placer County.

Good luck at the meeting. Go get em.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    depends who is appointed to take her place. write Jerry Brown and ask him to appoint an AG who will support her position on the "village".
    Any AG who has a decent grasp of EIR's will have the same issues, and part of the job is watching over CEQA enforcement. That's how poorly written the traffic section of Squaw's EIR is - it's a complete no-brainer that it's flawed (which bodes well for Sierra Watch if this goes to court). In case anyone is wondering, you might ask why would the firm who wrote it not be aware of this? Well, they probably are. The screwed up part of this entire process is that the client (in this case Placer County, working closely with KSL I'm sure) can choose to edit and alter documents before submission (it's a little more complicated than that, but that's the basic gist), so it's not like EIR's come out as some perfectly third party unbiased document. Typically the client won't do this sort of thing because if it's blatant the document can be challenged in court and they can be forced to start all over again, which is expensive.

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing there was a lot of tension behind closed doors between the firm that drafted the EIR and Placer County. Enviro firms hate to have their documents challenged in court and/or rejected because it's bad for their reputation even if it isn't their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What time are the masses assembling? I assume this will be an all day type of endeavor?
    It starts at 9am but everyone is getting there closer to 8 or 8:15 since it's going to be a packed house. Squaw is driving in employees on buses, feeding them for the day, and maybe even paying them to be there (not sure about that last part). Yeah, it's going to be a long day. There will be some get-togethers nearby in KB after the vote.

thx mucho.
    Employee support. Unreal.

Big Shirley Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    thx mucho.
    Employee support. Unreal.
    ^^^^^
    this. agreed

No one live blogging?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    No one live blogging?
    MTT updating the Friends of SV thread on the reg
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

It's not looking good. KSL basically said they'd give TRPA some dough and the AG's office said they wouldn't sue. Fuckers. Pretty disappointing but not surprising.

Check out this sweet propaganda. Apparently because Scott had fun at the new Truckee pool it means they should have water parks everywhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1479259137.476327.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	290.9 KB 
ID:	192625
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Unbelievable.

It's not looking good. KSL basically said they'd give TRPA some dough and the AG's office said they wouldn't sue. Fuckers. Pretty disappointing but not surprising.

Check out this sweet propaganda. Apparently because Scott had fun at the new Truckee pool it means they should have water parks everywhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1479259137.476327.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	290.9 KB 
ID:	192625
    How can you even tell it's Scott and not Rob? Silly, but they understand how to use shame. Anyway, what big disappointment is happening next Tuesday?