Page 136 of 184 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4591
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyPilot View Post
    A lot of those lines are going off this year. A local Mom showed me a instagram of her son in Pony Express, the other day. We are talking a no joke don't mess up kind of line, that is only skiable every so often. I just laughed and patted her on the back, she knows the deal, big skiing family.
    No kid of mine is going to do that line, and my kid is 31.

I wanna ski with you old goat. I'm hoping to get up thattaway soon after DR closes.

Anyone need a 1/2 price voucher for Kirkwood? I don't think I'm going to get there before April 16 closing.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I wanna ski with you old goat. I'm hoping to get up thattaway soon after DR closes.

long as you don't mind waiting--a lot. My kid has pretty much given up on me.

I'll wait. I suspect the company will be worth it

Anyone need a 1/2 price voucher for Kirkwood? I don't think I'm going to get there before April 16 closing.
    me. taking my groms on Sat.

east hasn't transitioned yet but south skied well. lower angle lower elevation best quality

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    me. taking my groms on Sat.
    I'm not sure I can get it mailed in time

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No kid of mine is going to do that line, and my kid is 31.
    Like I said, it is no joke, world class skiing, easy to look at it and shoot your mouth off, different deal standing on top of it. Scary stuff.

well after looking at all this great Tahoe stoke, it will be time to expierence for myself.heading out from Sugarbush Vt momday to visit and ski with my son.Sugar bowl, Squaw alpine and kirkwood looks to be on the menu,looks like we might be getting some seirra cemet this weekend to get me ready for the trip

Any mags attend the Mcconkey fundraising at sunnyside last night?

yes please. will be there next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    looking up fallen angel, I nEver got a good shot of the full chute, easily negotiated crux is at the top of the picture
    Nice, I've stood up on top of that twice this year but did not like the conditions, looks like you got good snow, any icy conditions encountered?

Edit: Never mind I just saw what I believe is a video of it being skied the other day, your group?

For a bit at least there was a way to snake under the choke, not sure if it still goes or not
    Name:  17012488_1425732787499587_772071647_n.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  111.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You don't get it about Squallywood.
    And you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's not 'powder stashes' and it's not magically showing people already interested in finding lines that they exist.

But keep assuming you know what my gripes were. By all means. You obviously took it way more seriously than I was.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    yes please. will be there next week.
    I can put it in the mail tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    And you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's not 'powder stashes' and it's not magically showing people already interested in finding lines that they exist.

But keep assuming you know what my gripes were. By all means. You obviously took it way more seriously than I was.
    Instead of being ellipitical, wtf are your gripes?

Anybody know when Sierra season pass prices go up? Trying to hold out until the tax refund hits.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I can't recall the exact date but I think the pass office told me the current offer is good until late April.

how much snow fell today now that the storm is moving out? enough to mank up our corn cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    how much snow fell today now that the storm is moving out? enough to mank up our corn cycle?
    Two three inches of cold high water content snow. Good snow. Not enough to change much.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Edit: Never mind I just saw what I believe is a video of it being skied the other day, your group?
    The clip where the skier was (somewhat predictably) hit by his own sluff and did a nice little cartwheel mid-line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

You obviously took it way more seriously than I was. Indeed.

Name:  62916071.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  22.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    One to two inches on Becker..Not enough to ski well today as it just made for evil breakable. I agree with 4matic that it won't change much on sunny aspects going forward and will likely just serve to keep the surface smooth.

Tahoe BC - I had looked at it in the past as well and turned away, but on Monday anyway it was very straight forward and straight forward compared to your photo as well. The rocks that are evident skiers left of the first few turns in your photo are covered.

No ice or inconsistencies on Monday, conditions were great, the choke was not an issue, the route you highlighted is available. There was sluff but we did not have negative encounters with it :-), our crew was my wife and I (2 others we were with called it quits and went down the south side) there was no video that I know of.

We were 2nd and 3rd tracks of the day, the first was Jeremy Jones and his track was clean, to me he's an inspiration and meeting him briefly out there put a nice touch on a very fun day. Hope you have fun out there as well!
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Nice score, looked at the video again on a bigger screen and it was halls being skied, prolly the same day as you. I ran into Jeremy once on top of a big line, super nice guy!