Page 134 of 184 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4591
    Fun but windy day on Tamarack yesterday. Windblown snow, but still cold on North faces.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	907.0 KB 
ID:	203295

Found nice mini golf powder zones near CP yesterday. Surprisingly deep turns, but short lines. We were launching one zone, and you had a choice of either jumping and making two huge turns before the snow changed or wiggling out 10 precise wiggles. Was good fun considering the options.

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    anyone at the Wood tomorrow? Hopefully with some snow tonight it's more smoothness than chickenheads but only one way to find out.

Here's some comedy from yesterday with Ottime and Punani in his new orange snow leopard suit. (turn sound up)

This is what I was doing in my mind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTsA...outu.be&t=3928

Fun Sat for sure. Mammothy wind-blown kine pow made for 2-3 turns down Wall into the NC chute by waterfall, then backside fun that hasn't been in play in years...Soulsearcher, Treeman's, Dogleg and Danger Cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    This is what I was doing in my mind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTsA...outu.be&t=3928

Fun Sat for sure. Mammothy wind-blown kine pow made for 2-3 turns down Wall into the NC chute by waterfall, then backside fun that hasn't been in play in years...Soulsearcher, Treeman's, Dogleg and Danger Cliffs.
    Soulsearcher was in play last year ya big ninny.

Fun times for sure.

Except the late day run down from jims to dan cliffs. That was classic sierra cement firmed up into traverse bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Looks like somebody took a ride in the cross yesterday, hopefully they recover from there injuries quickly

http://www.sierraavalanchecenter.org...nche-mt-tallac
    Runner clearly visible from the Keys yesterday. Thought it looked a bit much for a natural.

emcee...

That's Patrolmen's - almost dropped in yesterday for the hell of it, but you usually need to straightline out, so you'd want pretty favorable un-bumpy conditions on the outrun.

From LBD 2006...

Some pics from Kirkwood yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    emcee...

That's Patrolmen's - almost dropped in yesterday for the hell of it, but you usually need to straightline out, so you'd want pretty favorable un-bumpy conditions on the outrun.

From LBD 2006...

I though Patrolman's was between Ski School and Upper Cham. Emcee is skiers right of Cham

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

News to me...I always called this Patrolmens. Not that I'm right. Either way, it does get skied fairly often with a decent snowpack.
    Last edited by skier666; 03-27-2017 at 12:03 PM.

From skier's perspective on the ridge between the top of 6 and sentinel, I've been calling them:

Sentinel bowl -- | --- Ski school -- | -- Easier ski school -- | --- Dog leg face -- | -- Dog leg -- | -- Sign chute* -- | -- Upper cham (chamwow!) -- | -- whatever my line was -- | --- open face to the chairlift......

* sign chute because it's just beyond the cliff sign as you traverse to sentinel. I've also seen tracks down a straightline lookers right of the big windswept boulder at the the top of this chute.

Somebody jump in with the actual names, it's timely for this season since basically everything goes

Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    ok on gas explosion, I was listening to a buddy a few beers too deep who used to be a rural firefighter and he previously talked to one of the guys standing with cones blocking access.

sounds like a residential propane tank had too much snow weight on it, which could cause a pressure buildup in the tank and maybe force open valves in the line. A new crack in the pipe from shifting warming snow and gas would escape from the tank. Propane would rush out of the crack from both the tank and the line to the house. The spark could potentially come from a pilot light in the house igniting the last vapors in the line. "it's just like your stove, times a thousand". He then went on to describe some crazy mist-curtain technique that would allow fighters to push the flame back at the tank and access the tank, but it requires lots of people and probably safer just to let it burn out.

Take or leave this drunk evening explanation.
    My in-laws are about a block or two up the road from there. I'm no rocket surgeon, and I don't know much about propane or propane-related accessories, but I believe that there's propane service all over the valley, so I'm not sure why anyone would need a big outdoor tank.

Not to say they don't, though....

Nobody was injured. Word on the street is that it's an older couple's house, they live down in the bay area and pretty much only come up in summers these days.

7" at Squaw skied like a foot! Fantastic day!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    From skier's perspective on the ridge between the top of 6 and sentinel, I've been calling them:

Sentinel bowl -- | --- Ski school -- | -- Easier ski school -- | --- Dog leg face -- | -- Dog leg -- | -- Sign chute* -- | -- Upper cham (chamwow!) -- | -- whatever my line was -- | --- open face to the chairlift......

* sign chute because it's just beyond the cliff sign as you traverse to sentinel. I've also seen tracks down a straightline lookers right of the big windswept boulder at the the top of this chute.

Somebody jump in with the actual names, it's timely for this season since basically everything goes
    It's more like this:
    Sentinel bowl -- | --- Big Jim's -- | -- Little Jim's -- | --- Ski School face -- | -- Ski School -- | -- Sign chute* (I never knew this had a name) -- | -- Upper cham (chamwow!) -- | -- Patrolmens -- | --- open face to the chairlift......
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Sounds like someone needs to write a KW guide book ala Squallywood. Kookywood? Kirkywood? This is confusing since wood is already in the name. How about "Kirkweed" - documenting the most relaxed and mellow lines on the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to write a KW guide book ala Squallywood. Kookywood? Kirkywood? This is confusing since wood is already in the name. How about "Kirkweed" - documenting the most relaxed and mellow lines on the mountain.
    "Kirkwood" where the o's use the censored symbol. Don't want to rile the CHP or Vail.

How about one that shares all the secret stashes

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    How about one that shares all the secret stashes
    You are looking at it, kid...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Haha. Quite true!

Quirkwood?

^^ I like it. Or Quirkywood...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

today was stupid good... where was everyone?!?

No.

Please god no.

I don't even ski at kirkwood anymore but I did ski squaw/alpine when that book came out.

Please god no. Please no one do this.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

It was tongue in cheek, relax kidwoo. Although to be honest it doesn't have much impact at Squaw - I've only skied a handful of lines that would get me gnar points and even the low level is way above the average skier.

The best powder stashes at Squaw aren't in that book at all.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

It was tongue in cheek, relax kidwoo.
    Calmer n' you are.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp