Page 130 of 184 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4591
    Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Anybody know a way to score a cheap lift ticket for Sugar Bowl this Saturday?
    Well, thanks to the link above I just read that if you buy a season pass for Sugar Bowl next year it includes free spring skiing for the rest of this season. So... given that's my intention, I can probably use one of my Squaw pass days to snag a ticket. I'm not 100% sure I will be there just yet, but if so I'd be happy to hook a maggot up free of charge. I'll let you know how my week shapes up.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Anybody know a way to score a cheap lift ticket for Sugar Bowl this Saturday?
    If I stick around in town I can get you a half off thingamajig.

edit: oh wait, is it for this?

Quad Crusher | 03/25/2017 |

An endurance race staged across Sugar Bowl’s four iconic peaks—Mt. Judah, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Disney and Crow’s Nest Peak—the “Quad Crusher” is an uphill event that will test stamina, grit and... more

I can't help you. Because principle.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 03-21-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Be aware that the current TART schedule is now wrong, as of today or tomorrow I think. They are ending winter scheduling three weeks early due to staffing shortages. Yeah, I'm not even kidding. Fuck you Placer county - talk about moving in the wrong direction.
    Is tart run by the county? Even if so, kinda hard to fault them if there's no one to drive the buses. Well, other than catering to developers and big money and facilitating the destruction of a community to the point that no one can find and/or afford a place to live, especially on a bus driver's salary. Ok, yeah, fuck you Placer County. Though it's pretty much just J1s using the bus.
    neednsnow, got a thumb? Should be all you need to get up the road.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Be aware that the current TART schedule is now wrong, as of today or tomorrow I think. They are ending winter scheduling three weeks early due to staffing shortages. Yeah, I'm not even kidding. Fuck you Placer county - talk about moving in the wrong direction.
    Well if there's any lesson from this winter is that there's just no tax revenue coming in for this area.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

An endurance race staged across Sugar Bowl’s four iconic peaks—Mt. Judah, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Disney and Crow’s Nest Peak—the “Quad Crusher” is an uphill event that will test stamina, grit and... more

Why would someone need a ticket for an uphill event? Do they take the lift down?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Why would someone need a ticket for an uphill event? Do they take the lift down?
    Deep down I'm hoping AKB wants to go heckle and would hence, need a ticket. Cuz I'd definitely be down for that. *fingers crossed*

kinda sloppy out there today but it was enough to smooth everything out...

while it would be fun to ski another foot, this size storm should be bout perfect to improve corn surface

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Haha. That would be much appreciated. I'm actually going as part of a friend's bachelor party weekend. But maybe I'll attend the Quad Crusher and see if I can pick up a sweaty spandex one-piece for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    neednsnow, got a thumb? Should be all you need to get up the road.
    I do has two thumbs, but also a lady who hasn't skied outside of PA. She is well-aware of the fact she will be "skiing solo for a good part of the day" but I do have to ensure a safe/easy arrival to the hill.

That said, agreed on the snow levels. all should be groovy....will just drive. Fingers crossed for mitigated storm splitting!
    neednsnow.com

Chasin Snow whenever time allows.

I hear bombs at Sugar Bowl.

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Squaw is a war zone too. Anyone here on this sleeper pow day? It's almost like they're going to open even though it's snowing
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Here in Modesto we just had the heaviest rain I have had the displeasure of driving through.
    It is heading your way now.
    Huh. I thought it was just me SailCat from Motown.

Yes, pour it did! My buddy was in La Grange and said mud was coming across the road all over. Had a tornado warning for that area too.

Tornado in Twain Harte
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Squaw is a war zone too. Anyone here on this sleeper pow day? It's almost like they're going to open even though it's snowing
    Winds up top are still in the 70's so lower mountain at most. Should get better as the day goes on.

Winds up top are still in the 70's so lower mountain at most. Should get better as the day goes on.
    Yeah I'm just kickin it in the jeepdominum now

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Tornado in Twain Harte
    Saw that on Facefook. Looks like someone got hit pretty good!

Damn, like toothpicks.

Looks like it's gonna be quicker to drive to alpine to get my ticket than here at the shitshow. Have to go inside to get a #mountaincollective ticket. Thats a misnomer though cause the line starts outside and there's 2 people working.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Saw that on Facefook. Looks like someone got hit pretty good!

That's my son's teachers property and her mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I did one run. I thought it would be sneaky good. Instead it was sneaky terrible. KT was 4" on top of death cookies that seemed to be everywhere. Oh, and the flat light just made it more fun. I'm taking a grumpy old man nap now. This waste of a morning just motivated me more to go hike up something huge tomorrow down south.

Headed through SLT today wife wants lunch at a brewery. Which one?

^ Sidellis

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I like cold water myself. Usually a good selection of theirs and others. Ale worx isn't open yet but might have a handle in one of those places I'd be interested in hearing about

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I-80 has been really bad this year. I'm hoping that it's an anomaly, but concerned that closure decision making has changed
    EVERY highway has been really bad this year.
    I know we've discussed this ad nauseum ... I just feel bad for the folks who actually live in town who have to put up with the megabackups. No easy solutions ... I propose making the entire basin a National Park, use eminent domain to force Squaw/KSL to re-bid their operational contract, charge excessive entry fees on a per-vehicle basis, and give out resident hangtags for lane priority.

That strategy hasn't exactly eliminated the Yosemite megabackups, but at least it raises funds to pay for plowing, parking spots, ski buses that are worth a damn, giant gaping potholes ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Sugar Bowl is legit today... and a total ghost town.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.