Lookout Slater, theres a bunch of wave pools in the works

sure slaters wave looks rad...

and then there is this:

Difference is a wave that will break at the same place every time, I like getting barreled so does Slater. However to mix it up and have different swell directions, peaks, A Frames, well this is a better surf experience.

"PerfectSwell® is the only surf pool designed to replicate the science behind waves in the ocean. Wave quality, size, duration, and frequency can be controlled at the touch of a button via any smartphone or tablet with no wait time for waves. A PerfectSwell® surf pool requires a medium to large footprint with many options for customized pool shapes including circular designs."

needless to say surfing as we know it will change quickly. Will there be another Rick Kane? Considering Kelly grew up in an area with flat surf, odds are likely we will see a champ (maybe olympics) that learned to surf in a fucking pool..

I've been following the construction of a wave park outside of Austin, TX. Looks like a pretty sweet setup, but they've run into controversy with county permits... something about the county saying the water should live up to swimming pool standards, as opposed to open water (i.e. a lake).

Check it out. Looks awesome!

http://nlandsurfpark.com/

The Austin wavepool does look fun. I hope they get it going soon.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

No issue for Slater. He sold his pool interest to the WSL: http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/th...ter-wa_138369/